Elo Hell Believers, please visit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youshroom

12-27-2012

I just don't understand how one could believe that there is this elo range that is so impossible to get out of. I was once a 899 elo player. With your logic, that must entirely not be my fault right? After all, I was NEVER negative. I was even 16 and 0 mid lane and still ended up losing. Noob teammates. All my bad luck right?

However, there was another acc that I used, and it had 1200 elo because it was my brother's (I know, I know, it's wrong but it happened). I brought that acc down to 1005 elo -_-. Totally all bad luck right?

And then my brother decided to play LoL again, and went from 1005 elo to 1300 elo in a few days. WOW. That was just because he had lucky/non nooby teammates for 24 games in a row right? Yeah must be.

Then I got back on my account, started watching streams, and got my account from 900 elo to 1440 elo. Oh yeah, trust me, I'm definitely not gold material yet, because I'm down to 1250 elo now. I concede that. However, I got to 1440 elo because of all luck right?

I will Dominate went from 1200 elo to Diamond in a few days after all his acc's got banned. And we ALL know how lucky pro players are, since they consistently go diamond rating right? Pros just must get to pick the players they play with in solo queue right? Haha. The elo hell logic. -_-

I'm not here to ridicule a person, I'm here to ridicule the toxic behavior and beliefs of the average "elo hell" range visitor.

While you sit there and complain about carrying a team 20 and 0 and still losing because of a 0 and 12 graves, I'm here with a 5 and 2 and 3 KDA, thinking how can I apply the most pressure to my lane, so the jungler doesnt gank bot. How I can get the most efficient global objectives to prevent the graves from ever getting that low. How can I roam to bot lane when he's struggling to prevent him from ever feeding. How can we try to get some gold into graves pocket so even if his skill level is low, he ends up beating the ezreal through brute gold force.

Sure, the 800-1000 elo range is hard and a toxic place to be in. But if you can't carry yourself out of it, you probably deserve to be in that range. In your team, you have 4 possible feeders (Since you know, youre WAYYY to good for your Elo to EVER do bad right?) in the other team there are 5. The only thing you can ever control in a game is what YOU do, and yet that is good enough for 1600 elo players to carry out of an 800 elo range consistently. And by 1600 elo player, I dont mean someone who's top rating touched the gold rating with the tip of their **** and dropped back down. I mean someone consistently gold through ALL seasons with 200 + ranked games.

Please, enlighten me elo hell believers. Where does my logic fail?

sepetaiya

12-27-2012

the plat elo players are plat every season because the seasons are seeded. its not hard to understand when you know how the system works.

elo hell exists for many reasons and theres a new post from the 'im so pro carry harder' elo hell non-believers every week. the fact is its not impossible to get out but incredibly hard since the skill level ranges are so vast in elo hell. as one plat player i know posted (he dodged all first 30 games he knew he would lose to get an original +500 elo in less than a week which most of us dont have the patience for) - sometimes in elo hell you need to be 1400 lvl to win the game, sometimes you need to be 1900 to win the game. it depends on the others on your team.

so yes, it comes down to luck with teamates. LWT FTW

CLUTCH CALLUM

12-27-2012

Stubborness is the root of elo hell. Too many selfish players on this game that can 'only fill 1 role' is why the 'elo hell' exists - call them 'bad players' but its a fact and I feel sorry for considerate people who have to deal with it on a consistant basis

Youshroom

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepetaiya View Post
you are very sarcastic and condescending in your post. the plat elo players are plat every season because the seasons are seeded. its not hard to understand when you know how the system works.

elo hell exists for many reasons and theres a new post from the 'im so pro carry harder' elo hell non-believers every week. the fact is its not impossible to get out but incredibly hard since the skill level ranges are so vast in elo hell. as one plat player i know posted (he dodged all first 30 games he knew he would lose to get an original +500 elo in less than a week which most of us dont have the patience for) - sometimes in elo hell you need to be 1400 lvl to win the game, sometimes you need to be 1900 to win the game. it depends on the others on your team.

So youre saying that plat players are only in that elo because they are lucky/seeded that way? So youre saying that you can 1 v 1 them, since solo queue depends ALL on the luck and seeding right? Tell me why, then, whenever a plat player goes to silver elo, in a week he will always end up plat, even at another account.

But yes, I understand elo hell is frustrating and hard. I've been there. I will probably end up there because I have not been playing a lot, and my skill level has gone down. But to blame your teammates / luck? That is truly ignorant. YOU'RE the only one there YOU can control, YOU do your job right, and YOU will win most of the time. the enemy team has just as much of a chance (actually a little less) to be partnered with a feeder/"noob". You can't just sit back and cry about your team, if you can't change the outcome of your team most games out of all, then you probably deserve to be in whatever elo you are in.

It's very testable. Drop around 500-700 elo from where you are at right now. Me? Im 1200 elo. If I go to a 500 elo match, sure I will lose some due to immense feeders, but I WILL be able to win most my matches and work my way up back to 1000-1400 elo range.

Youshroom

12-27-2012

Quote:

sometimes in elo hell you need to be 1400 lvl to win the game, sometimes you need to be 1900 to win the game. it depends on the others on your team.

That logic also fails too. I agree, some games will require much higher skill to win. a 1200 elo match might need a skill of 1500 to win. But a 1500 match will need the skill of 1900 to win too sometimes. The higher the elo, the higher the "range of skill required," complying with your logic, since I also agree with what you said above. However BECAUSE of your logic, the elo system is balanced. Just because you need a 1500 elo skill level to win a 1200 elo match does NOT make that match a 1500 elo match, as you will need even HIGHER skills to win a HIGHER elo match.

Youshroom

12-27-2012

I'm not here to ridicule or sound condescending to a person. I truly am not. But the logic of elo hell believers is SO unbelievably illogical, I cannot HELP but be frustrated at the stubborness of these "ELO SYSTEM DOENST WORK QQ I'm in 500 elo but i know im platinum player" logic.

sepetaiya

12-27-2012

everyone blames their elo hell status on teamates. but there is truly alot of luck with your qued up matchmaking and thats just the way it is. its the only way it can be, and its not all bad because it is balanced: theres just an elo hell zone you have to get through first.

its dishonorable to blame others, because its a team game. i also dont believe in 'carrying' anyway, because it takes a team to win. a fed summoner cannot win the game alone.

Youshroom

12-27-2012

Sepetaiya, I first want to apologize for sounding critical of you.

And secondly, I do believe in the inequity of matchmaking. But we ALL have to go through it, even pro players. So noone has an edge or the other. You have just as much of a chance being paired with a bad team as the other team does. YOU are the changing factor of the game, logically implied. There is always something you can get better at, and if you do, you WILL get out of "elo hell." Why do you think Dyrus or any pro players will never be on this forum crying about elo hell? Even if they make a smurf acc, or get a low elo smurf acc (like dignitas i will dominate, if i am not mistaken)

sepetaiya

12-27-2012

well i appreciate that, Shroom, and i think you have opened my eyes to something here. There are a few definitions for what elo hell actually is. For some it is a place full of trolls, for some its a place full of newbs. For others is a place you can never leave. For good players its an illusion.

i believe you and i have created the ultimate definition here. elo hell exists because of the inequity of matchmaking and the 1100-1400 zone where the super trolls reside, but it also does not exist because personal skill can be the changing factor in any game, in any elo range.

so there is always room for improvement as you said, meaning most of the games people complain about were winnable if they themselves were better. time for me to go train!

Selcopa

12-27-2012

Quote:
i believe you and i have created the ultimate definition here. elo hell exists because of the inequity of matchmaking and the 1100-1400 zone where the super trolls reside, but it also does not exist because personal skill can be the changing factor in any game, in any elo range.
This is a contradiction

Either the system is such that consistently bad teammates is sufficient to keep you at an elo you belong, or personal skill is enough to get you out, there is no way you can have both of these at the same time