Arguments for and against marijuana legalization

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
If there was no medical benefit to Marijuana, than why are Pharmaceutical companies trying to make a synthetic form, for mass production, of beta-caryophyllene, (E)-BCP?
Palliative treatment.
Next question.

Quote:
Which is an extremely powerful anti-inflammatory that is the only known substance to bond to the CB2 receptor in the body.
I highly doubt that potheads who crusade for the legalization of pot are arguing for a pill that would be used exclusively in people with advanced auto immune disease.

But nice try.
I also find it incredibly questionable that marijuana , in any form, is an "Extremely powerful anti-inflammatory".

Quote:
But, hey, you know, there isn't a single medical benefit to Marijuana, massive amounts of money are just being dumped into synthesizing what it can already do for the hell of it.
The movement for "medicinal marijuana" is just a front for the "recreational marijuana" movement with retards and stoners at the helm. There isn't really much to discuss.
Potheads will be potheads. Just like scum trash will always be scum trash.

c4lm

12-28-2012

Reasons to legalize weed:

1. You get to say cool words like "broooo" and "duuuuude"
2. Stressed out? get bakkkedddddd
3. Duuuuuuuuude
4. broooooooo

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Palliative treatment.
Next question.
Yes, it is for Palliative Care. So I am not sure what point you are attempting to make at this time. Other than agreeing with me. We have a natural and safe means of treating people with a wide range of condition and pain, a drug that has no record of killing anyone. Yet, as a society we say it is OK to use narcotics for Palliative Care, simply because they come from a Dr and a Pharmacy, and ignore the fact that they kill thousands of people a year, due to just the side effects of use. Strong logic in that....

We, for the time, will currently ignore the racial, financial, and other motives behind enacting Marijuana Prohibition to begin with.

Quote:
I highly doubt that potheads who crusade for the legalization of pot are arguing for a pill that would be used exclusively in people with advanced auto immune disease.

But nice try.
I also find it incredibly questionable that marijuana , in any form, is an "Extremely powerful anti-inflammatory".
Your personal doubts and question have no bearing on the facts....

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page4

Quote:
particular, is thought to have significant analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity without the psychoactive effect (high) of delta-9-THC.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...marijuana.html

Quote:
The other receptor, called CB2, is found in tissues in the rest of the body and triggers a cascade of biochemical reactions that can help combat inflammation.

"Our interest is to exploit the pharmacological nature of the CB2 receptor," because it does not have psychotropic side effects, Gertsch explained in an email.

"Targeting the CB2 receptor could be a therapeutic strategy to prevent or treat diseases like Crohn's disease [inflammation of the intestinal tract], liver cirrhosis, osteoarthritis, and atherosclerosis."
Quote:
The movement for "medicinal marijuana" is just a front for the "recreational marijuana" movement with retards and stoners at the helm. There isn't really much to discuss.
Potheads will be potheads. Just like scum trash will always be scum trash.
Of course there are pot heads pushing for legalization....

Right along side cancer patients, Dr., Lawyers, and people from every other corner of society.