Arguments for and against marijuana legalization

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Okay one more post before /exit.
Personal;
-Of, affecting, or belonging to a particular person rather than to anyone else
Synonyms private - individual - particular - subjective - own

Got that?
Potheads got stomped yet again.
GG /exit thread
Again, not a pot head, and Yes, I realize i'm feeding a troll. I'm bored.

Powerstoned

12-27-2012

I live in washington state, i smoke pot legally now, but have for 20 years already because it is my inebriate of choice.

My argument for pot legalization starts with accepting the fact that humans, amongst many other animals and even insects, use inebriates as part of life.

If someone doesn't accept this fact, that humans need/want/will use/will seek out various chemical forms of inebriation, then me and them will have a fundamentally different viewpoint. Even if you don't think humans should be allowed to inebriate themselves directly for some made up moral reason, isn't relevent. When viewing human health and habit, we should be able to separate our personal investment into being human, when looking to help and understand other humans.

So I choose marijuana over other inebriates that I feel should be made available (& mdma and lsd, but tha;'s a different topic), and if we are to be a society of very few inebriation choices, marijuana should be one of them. I fully admit marijuana isn't perfect or even the safest thing one could imagine, but then I ask what are the other choices? Alcohol and... come on, is that supposed to be everyone's choice? Whippets? Salvia? Inhalants? Prescription Heroin or Meth? Eff that.

If our government wants to ban weed or alcohol or whatever inebriate it wants because of the harm it does to the human body, fine, but then they better have other, safer alternatives to choose from, or be prepared for a large black market of unsafe illegal ones. Marijuana does provide benefit, as well as some harm, but it the best of a very bad bunch

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

I'm perfectly fine with people doing drugs, however there should be a large enough tax considering related costs. You can hurt yourself with whatever you want, but you should be paying for the cost of rescue.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

The funny thing about JtF is that when he does spout ignorant ****, he's dead serious. I'm not sure WHY he's so against the use of marijuana, but he is.

Whether or not it's got any medical benefits as alcohol is purported to, it's definitely a safer recreational drug than alcohol.

Based on anecdotal evidence, I do believe that long-term marijuana use impairs one's mental function, but the truth is we know little about its full physiological effects. I would be far from surprised if it were found to lower the risk of some disease or another.

While I don't think it's wise to frequently smoke marijuana, there is no compelling reason for its illegality.

Bilbosky

12-27-2012

Legalize it, tax it, and shut down a good portion of the drug trade in the process. It honestly doesn't matter whether it's harmful to you or not. The government has no business sticking its nose into a personal decision with little to no impact on anyone but yourself.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Alcohol is beneficial to the human cardiovascular system.
In fact, it reduces the most common cause of death in the world;
Heart Disease.

Marijuana does not benefit humans in any significant way.
It is pure garbage and only retards utilize it. It is far more destructive.
gg.
If there was no medical benefit to Marijuana, than why are Pharmaceutical companies trying to make a synthetic form, for mass production, of beta-caryophyllene, (E)-BCP? Which is an extremely powerful anti-inflammatory that is the only known substance to bond to the CB2 receptor in the body.

Not only is the CB2 receptor, and (E)-BCP, known for its anti-inflammatory reaction in the body, it avoids the side effects on the Kidney that your typical NSAID's have. Meaning, people with Kidney disease can safely use this form of treatment.

But, hey, you know, there isn't a single medical benefit to Marijuana, massive amounts of money are just being dumped into synthesizing what it can already do for the hell of it.

Powerstoned

12-28-2012

^ yes, there's a ton of medical benefits of the marijuana plant, the only real issue is that smoking it, as does smoking anything into your lungs, does do some harm.

c4lm

12-28-2012

Honestly, does anyone on this board besides the shut-ins and JTF NOT smoke pot?

AK47WOLF

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
If there was no medical benefit to Marijuana, than why are Pharmaceutical companies trying to make a synthetic form, for mass production, of beta-caryophyllene, (E)-BCP? Which is an extremely powerful anti-inflammatory that is the only known substance to bond to the CB2 receptor in the body.

Not only is the CB2 receptor, and (E)-BCP, known for its anti-inflammatory reaction in the body, it avoids the side effects on the Kidney that your typical NSAID's have. Meaning, people with Kidney disease can safely use this form of treatment.

But, hey, you know, there isn't a single medical benefit to Marijuana, massive amounts of money are just being dumped into synthesizing what it can already do for the hell of it.
I don't think JTF is saying that possible medical derivatives from Marijuana are nonexistent, I think he's sick of potheads trying to justify legalization via claiming it has medical properties when at the end of the day, every substance and its mother has medical properties, but that doesn't automatically make the parent substance okay or beneficial. Just the derivatives.

Lajinn5

12-28-2012

Though I don't smoke it I say it should be legal in certain amounts, I say put special taxes on it so the govt can make money off it.