How to handle Fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

12-27-2012

So does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this annoying Disney Champ? Champion Select claims that Ryze is a counter to Fizz, but any time I play against a good Fizz with Ryze I get stomped, and I'm a pretty good Ryze. One of things I noticed with Ryze against Fizz is yes you can lock him down with your Rune Prison, but early game Ryze has a lot of problems with cooldowns so if you lock him down he can Q, W, and Playful Trickster before your Rune Prison is back off cooldown, pretty much giving him free harass without any fear of reprisal, except from minions and once he reaches 6, forget about it. Dive city. I was thinking Mordekaiser would be pretty good against Fizz due to his resilience or maybe Cho'gath because if Fizz gets in close Cho is gonna make him pay. I don't know, anyone have any personal experience against Fizz? He's the one mid I always have problems with. Any input would be helpful!

MlgProIndian

12-27-2012

Well, I have played Fizz in the middle and I gotta say, it is so fun bursting the opponent when you have 2-3 ap items. Seeing that you want to counter him, yea, someone like Cho'Gath or maybe even Nunu who are beefy along with the ability to dish out damage. Try to play with your abilities carefully. After Fizz has used his Playful/Trickster, try to burst him down as quickly as possible. I'm not by any means a pro at this game. So if anyone disagrees with me, feel free to criticize and throw their opinion out. You should also check out lolcounter.com to find some counters to Fizz. 70% of the time the counters that the website mentions are pretty reasonable. So yeah...

adc

12-27-2012

Fizz is melee. If he can't 100 to 0 you, he's going to take punishment as he runs away. Make him use his E to jump in on you - longer ranged heroes work well. Buy some MR, and autoattack him when he goes to run away from you. If he commits, do your best to dodge his ult and stay alive. Never stop moving.

ěrder 66

12-27-2012

Annie has a huge auto attack range. Use this to poke him any time he goes for a minion. Plus all her stuns just make sure to use them correctly, like when he tries to jump to you and he will learn to stay away.

adc

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ěrder 66 View Post
Annie has a huge auto attack range. Use this to poke him any time he goes for a minion. Plus all her stuns just make sure to use them correctly, like when he tries to jump to you and he will learn to stay away.
Lol.

Ithrowrocksatchi

12-28-2012

Ok, as fizz as my main ur counter to fizz are: diana, even LB when played right. And in my opinion who ever said annie.... just no. As a fizz i NEVER use E to jump into fights, i only use it to get out and avoid counter attacks. And nunu? his only damage to me is his ice blast is a target move which fizz can dodge with his E making nunu just a meat shield for fizz, and for his consume use W, nuff said. All nunu can do to fizz is autoattack :/ Morgana does pretty good against fizz cause of her shield, and like i said before diana can be a huge counter to fizz because of her shield that refreshes when the orbs burst making fizz's trades completely and utterly useless. LB does well because she can bait out his E with her attacks and her double silence makes it so much harder for him to escape and if fizz ever ults from a distance, W outta there and ur all good.

WhoopsiGoldburg

12-28-2012

I've never had a problem with any fizz with the current mids I play. Cho'gath and galio will never die to him,
I've wrecked fizz's with LB and eve.

Furikurifan4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Ryze is of honorable note against any champion that charges at you. Bear with me here, if you max your E first as Ryze, every bounce reduces an enemies mr by 24. You cast it as he jumps to you, it bounces 5 times, 2 times off of Ryze. Fizz is now at -72 mr, probably putting him negative, and you just did like 400 damage, and if you ult before hand, you probably just healed a ton as well.

There used to be a glitch with Ryze's E, if Poppy, Lee, or anyone tried to charge him, there is a point where the 2 of them are at the same location, and the Spell Flux would bounce infinetly. I'm pretty sure it was fixed, but it is still a very strong ability against people that charge at you, just because of the bouncing from you to them mechanic.

Sucker4Crime

12-28-2012

ryze should normally win against fizz, fizz can't really do his combo many times before he is oom. one champion that i have a hard time against as fizz is kennen. kennen isn't too bad though, once you get your ult you can start wrecking. also, mordekaiser can be scary too.

Kajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I used to play Fizz a lot last season and Ryze was never really a problem. The three champions that I could not beat no matter what were Cho'gath, Fiddlesticks, and Galio they completely shut Fizz down.