The Lore department's direction has destroyed the lore. It's over.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lionant

01-18-2013

If they could find a way to make money from lore, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it happen. And I bet lore books could turn a profit. Maybe they haven't been saying anything in the forums because they want to release everything at once, a veritable tidal wave of awesome, instead of a little bit at a time. On the other hand, maybe lore really is dead. In the end, our two options are waiting longer and giving up. And I'll wait forever and a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

But have you ever thought about how scary bears are?

kianistus

01-19-2013

Quote:
It says something about the fans that they still even remotely respect the Lore team after this span of time. In any other media, you miss just one deadline and you are in danger. Lore fans, however, have waited to watch the Lore get slowly forgotten over the course of a year. I dont even know why you're calling yourself a "real fan" like it matters or whatever, but don't just sit there insulting other people.
I'd like to point out that many people don't care about the lore number one because lore aside LoL is still a pretty good game in terms of pvp mechanics.

Secondly, I like the tiny bit of lore that are given in the form of champion lore's. Yes, it doesn't tell you everything, but its fun speculating about certain things, and i have a feeling that riot mainly uses lore as a way to tie in bigger game expansions. If i had to guess the JoJ was used as a tool to tie in the creation of the crystal scar. I don't know why you guys have a problem with the lore as it is. It seems suited for the type of game that LoL is.

H3llion

01-20-2013

i guess where never gonna find out what was going on with Jarven

Arcane Azmadi

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianistus View Post
I'd like to point out that many people don't care about the lore number one because lore aside LoL is still a pretty good game in terms of pvp mechanics.

Secondly, I like the tiny bit of lore that are given in the form of champion lore's. Yes, it doesn't tell you everything, but its fun speculating about certain things, and i have a feeling that riot mainly uses lore as a way to tie in bigger game expansions. If i had to guess the JoJ was used as a tool to tie in the creation of the crystal scar. I don't know why you guys have a problem with the lore as it is. It seems suited for the type of game that LoL is.
Maybe because it's capable of being so much better? How do we KNOW it can be so much better? Because it USED to be so much better! This isn't a matter of a new game not having the lore to back up its interesting designs. This is a game with a rich, detailed and fascinating background story which many players are highly invested in which has been pissed down a drain!

I'm willing to accept a mediocre product if that mediocre product is honestly the best the creator can do. I will NOT stand for a mediocre product (or, as in this case, almost no product at all) when we KNOW that Riot can and HAVE done better and the only possible explanation for the poor quality is sheer laziness and lack-of-damn-giving.