The Lore department's direction has destroyed the lore. It's over.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightlynx

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKPikmin View Post
You misunderstand. Dork Age is a trope where a franchise takes a new direction that doesn't work out.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DorkAge
oh okay. thanks for enlightening me. sorry D:

Snes C

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Yeah, well have you seen the response by the community to the evidence of our eyes? We've discussed a lot of stuff that Riot isn't working on too. The phrase "what a load of total cr*p" is used.
Seems like a personal problem to me. What exactly is the point of this thread again? Riot has said that they're working on stuff, but that doesn't seem to be good enough for you. You seem more interested in complaining than anything else.

Arcane Azmadi

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snes C View Post
Seems like a personal problem to me. What exactly is the point of this thread again? Riot has said that they're working on stuff, but that doesn't seem to be good enough for you. You seem more interested in complaining than anything else.
Riot have said they're working on stuff, alright.

For practically an entire year.

Frankly, I simply don't believe them.

Hellioning

01-01-2013

I do think they're working on lore; the shadow isles event and release of new TT basically confirm that for me.

But I would wish they'd talk more about it, or stagger the release. I am getting kind of frustrated.

NecroticBinder

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snes C View Post
I'll speak up as well. Riot could say they will turn the sky blue. This doesn't mean the sky is blue. No, the point of half the responses in this thread is that it is idiotic to blindly follow Riot's word when they have been destroying the lore, putting forth ALMOST NOTHING regarding their progress for this and have basically completely ignored the lore community.

It really, really is not that difficult to write up lore for a world. It can be frustrating for an individual at times, but it does not take a year to produce something while constantly writing poorly written one to two paragraph biographies. I speak from personal experience, because I'm actually writing up a world! It's not professional or anything like that but I do understand the needs relating to creating a world that interests readers. In less then a month, I managed to flesh out five countries, some of the cities, etc. almost completely by myself.

I quote this to make a point that if you put forth the effort, and when it is your job you should be putting forth the effort, it doesn't take a year to come up with a radical way of sharing the lore. We had a precedent, we've had multiple. Here, I can even put forth some more! A novel, a comic book, an animation, small interactive games.

Arcane Azmadi

01-02-2013

Additionally, have you noticed that reds don't post in this forum at all any more? Even in threads specifically asking them very simple questions? No champion AMAs any more either. The. Lore. Is. Dead. Riot could not have made it ANY plainer that they seriously don't give even the smallest damn about it, no matter what they say. They can't even be bothered to do something as simple as peruse their own lore subforum any more.

Ergheis

01-06-2013

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-17-2013

OR IT COULD BE LIKE Warhammer 40K Lore.

Official answer?

"There is no cannon."

Lore Nerds of that franchise rage and debate anyway, but it helps them cover up the gaps between all the novels and content within rulebooks in each edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
The League, as explained by Brand once, is not what it says it is.
They probably want as many champions as possible, and will not shy away from a chance to add anyone they come across and they deem strong enough to do so.
The champions probably have reasons they joined, it is Riot's lack of interest that makes the situation senseless.

Who says that Draven didn't join the League because of the fame and flashing lights? Possible, but not confirmed.
Who says that Kha'zix and Rengar weren't approached by the League's summoners and offered a place in the League, with promises of powerful pray? But once they joined they figured out that the pray doesn't stay dead permanently, and now they can't get out.
Possible, but not confirmed.
Who says that Nami didn't wonder Valoran for months before meeting up with a human, who pointed her to the League, because the human didn't know any better? And there she was offered help, but once she joined there was no going back.
Possible, but not confirmed.

What the lore lacks is confirmation. Anything is possible, there's a lot of room for speculation, but if they don't confirm anything, then it didn't happen.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Sejuani View Post
So, it's over. Everyone has now pretty much unofficially accepted that the Lore is gone and forgotten. There's no Lore team, there's no upcoming Lore, nothing. The most we will get is two paragraphs of some vaguely linking story, like Diana and Nami. That's pretty much it.

Nonetheless I did find this thread interesting
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2389468

NoctisOnix

01-18-2013

Lore doesn't make money,therefore the Chinese overlords don't care.