Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ezreal or Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigWenus

12-28-2012

Just take in to account that Kogmaw has very little mobility. Only escape is pretty much flash, so don't get caught lol

AldrichIsGay

12-29-2012

My analysis:
-Ezreal definitely has the better early and mid game due to his poke/harass, but Kog' Maw outshines Ezreal late game.
-Ezreal is more versatile and mobile and can escape dangerous situations more effectively, while Kog'Maw can only depend on Flash. However, Kog'Maw's insane range makes up for his lack of mobility.
-Ezreal is more skillshot dependent than Kog'Maw. Kog'Maw also has skill shots with his E and especially his Ult, but you pretty much just Right Click and Win.
-Kog'Maw's cooldown on his ult is very short making him an annoying harasser, but he runs out of mana easily. Ezreal's ult is a global ult and does high damage, and can also secure kills.
-Kog'Maw's passive can also secure kills and can also help turn the tides of a team fight if you aim it correctly.
-Kog'Maw has a slow, but Ezreal's mobility makes up for it. Kog'maw also has 30% bonus AS and armor/magic reduction due to his Q and its passive.
-Kog'Maw is an alien and a cute little critter (other people may disagree..) and Ezreal is a human with superpowers (also has better looking skins).

I may have missed some stuff, but that's basically it..

Test on da spot

12-29-2012

2 very different champions. One early game stomper and the other a wild late game hard hitter. Ezreal has weaker aa than most adc and kog has outstanding aa.

ChiSqrd

12-29-2012

Quote:
BigWenus:
Just take in to account that Kogmaw has very little mobility. Only escape is pretty much flash, so don't get caught lol

I find that unless I'm stupidly close to the fight, I can kite most people trying to get me with my slow and they are forced to back off when they see how low their health bar gets after a few shots.

Odehnving

12-29-2012

In my opinion, Ez is better than Kog, now I don't play adc very often but i do play support most of my games. So what I am saying is that from a supports point of view, it is much easier and better to support an Ez player than a player using Kog.

CatInAPC

12-29-2012

Quote:
ExTra Gyros:
I play ADC for my team, and I have to say this (Ezreal, Kog'Maw, and Vayne are my three favorites so I know what I'm saying). Ezreal's early game is fairly strong (unless countered by a good lane like graves/leona or something similar). If you play him right, the damage you an throw of at lvl 3 with E, Q, W, Ignite + basic attacks + your support can do ~ 400-500 damage (depending on support) near instantly. If you play Ezreal right, hitting many last hits and getting some early game kills, he will scale pretty hard into lategame with a BT, GA, PD, IE, LW, etc. Kog'Maw on the other hand (unless you're just really bad) will always scale hard into late game. The AS passive on his Q plus the % max health shred from his W (plus I always like to get a Blade of The Ruined King to shred more) just puts out insane damage later. He gains hyper carry status like Vayne, and will just carry HARD late game. His early however isn't the strongest, and as someone else mentioned Kog'Maw/Nunu lan is fantasti for the poke, the bloodboil, and the syngergy there is just great.

I own all the ADC's at the moment. Ezreal can do decent damage which is true but he is RELIANT on hitting all of his skillshots or he is not a very viable carry. His damage mid game is amazing. On Kog'Maw you are right he destroyes late game nomatter what. In addition to that his W extends his range to allow him to stay in the back of the conflict.Ezreal has decent range but damage melts compared to other carry's late game such as draven. I enjoy Ezreal very much but I feel it just isn't best for someone new to ADC's

CatInAPC

12-29-2012

Quote:
MileHighJew:
Ezreal is probably better in the late gaming stages and Kog'Maw is pretty consistent all the way through.

Also depends on items and builds. I play an AD Kog with a lot of attack speed while some play an AP Kog with magic penetration and lot's of AP. Kog's Icathian Surpise is a lot of fun too, mostly when you get a double or triple kill when you are already dead.

I feel it is the other way around. Kog'Maw has unappealing damage early game where Ezreal is a bit more consistent. Ezreal falls off late game compared to the other AD's in my opinion and to me all he can do is sit in the very back spamming Q. Ezreal is a much higher skill cap champ and is for the people with ability and familiarity with the other AD's

Voyles

12-29-2012

Quote:
CatInAPC:
I feel it is the other way around. Kog'Maw has unappealing damage early game where Ezreal is a bit more consistent. Ezreal falls off late game compared to the other AD's in my opinion and to me all he can do is sit in the very back spamming Q. Ezreal is a much higher skill cap champ and is for the people with ability and familiarity with the other AD's

I've seen the posts disagreeing with me. I'm not sure how other people pick or stack items. I have played Kog a lot, Ezreal not so much. But, I have laned against Ezreal many times and I usually make Ezreal back off early game. I guess a lot does depend on the player. I usually have problems going against Ezreal when Ezreal gets his ult. Kog'Maw's ult really doesn't do any damage compared to Ezreal's. I just use it early when the opposition try to hide in the brush. Kog'Maw's W is his main and I max it out before anything else.

I have killed many melee champs such as Garen before minions have spawned. I'm not sure how someone would call that unappealing damage early game but I don't know the stats.

Voyles

12-29-2012

If you have League Replays (http://www.leaguereplays.com/), here are a couple of replays of me that I found where I was laning against Ezreal as Kog'Maw in Normal. One is a win and the other is a loss. The replays also show how important support is.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2652140/ (http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2652140/)
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2652111/ (http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2652111/)

CatInAPC

12-29-2012

Quote:
MileHighJew:
I've seen the posts disagreeing with me. I'm not sure how other people pick or stack items. I have played Kog a lot, Ezreal not so much. But, I have laned against Ezreal many times and I usually make Ezreal back off early game. I guess a lot does depend on the player. I usually have problems going against Ezreal when Ezreal gets his ult. Kog'Maw's ult really doesn't do any damage compared to Ezreal's. I just use it early when the opposition try to hide in the brush. Kog'Maw's W is his main and I max it out before anything else.

I have killed many melee champs such as Garen before minions have spawned. I'm not sure how someone would call that unappealing damage early game but I don't know the stats.

Maxing Kog's W is the way to go for the most part. The main reason you can make ezreal flee is probably because he has a high skill cap and they probably don't utilize him very well. Another thing is you are probably the superior player and sense this is a skill based game for the most part you can win nomatter what champion you are using if you have the appropriate skill. Ezreal can really spam his Q which is where the bulk of his damage comes from. The damage from his Q is good early game and is how Ez does so much damage. Kog maw has abilities that ENHANCE his basic attack where as Ez AD simply makes his Q ability stronger.