Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ezreal or Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

12-27-2012

Haven't tried Ezreal yet but I know he is good. And I love Nunu Kog. I like long range and which is why I already have Caitlyn.

NinetyNineTails

12-27-2012

Ez is really good. I wouldn't compare him to Kog, really, though. Ez's flash and Q poke don't really compare to Kog's ability to extend his range via W.

ChiSqrd

12-27-2012

Thanks for the feedback. What about how well they do during each phase of the game?

WhamPowBang

12-27-2012

Kog will carry hard late game with a bit of a slow game early, Ez will be great mid game and if fed carries into late game, but if he doesn't get fed hes all but useless late game imo anyway

Voyles

12-27-2012

Ezreal is probably better in the late gaming stages and Kog'Maw is pretty consistent all the way through.

Also depends on items and builds. I play an AD Kog with a lot of attack speed while some play an AP Kog with magic penetration and lot's of AP. Kog's Icathian Surpise is a lot of fun too, mostly when you get a double or triple kill when you are already dead.

Tribuo

12-27-2012

Ezreal's ult has great synergy with team stuns. But I prefer the insane damage and range of a late game Kog.

CatInAPC

12-28-2012

Kog is my favorite champion. I main all the ADC's and Kog is the best in my opinion by far. Ezreal is decent but is very reliant on hitting ALL of your skillshots accurately. Kog'Maw can rain death with his ult and has crazy range with his W. I suggest Kog because he is 4800IP and is a beast late game compared to Ezreal only seeming okish late game unless fed.

Prilosac

12-28-2012

I play ADC for my team, and I have to say this (Ezreal, Kog'Maw, and Vayne are my three favorites so I know what I'm saying). Ezreal's early game is fairly strong (unless countered by a good lane like graves/leona or something similar). If you play him right, the damage you an throw of at lvl 3 with E, Q, W, Ignite + basic attacks + your support can do ~ 400-500 damage (depending on support) near instantly. If you play Ezreal right, hitting many last hits and getting some early game kills, he will scale pretty hard into lategame with a BT, GA, PD, IE, LW, etc. Kog'Maw on the other hand (unless you're just really bad) will always scale hard into late game. The AS passive on his Q plus the % max health shred from his W (plus I always like to get a Blade of The Ruined King to shred more) just puts out insane damage later. He gains hyper carry status like Vayne, and will just carry HARD late game. His early however isn't the strongest, and as someone else mentioned Kog'Maw/Nunu lan is fantasti for the poke, the bloodboil, and the syngergy there is just great.

xMrSmilesx

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Having played both, Kog is harder to learn because the lack of movement abilities compared to the insta-flash that Ezreal has. Ezreal's early/mid game is stronger than Kog's, but the late game Kog shines: he becomes the hyper-carry from a mile away.

Personally I learned Kog before Ez, so when I began to learn champs with blinks and mobility champs it made my life MUCH easier.

The other main difference is Ezreal is mostly skill shot, so get proficient with those and you will be a decent Ez, otherwise you are wasting your time and farm. Kog is slow and needs a decent support to protect him and is weak early game with no movement.

Learn both, but to become a better AD champ I would say challenge yourself and take Kog now.

ChiSqrd

12-28-2012

I bought Ezreal first because I thought spamming q would be more fun. 3-0 with him so far in normal draft games. I'll have Kog'Maw by next week. My top 3 ADCs, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Kog'Maw. The long range on both Caitlyn and Kog'Maw is awesome and with blood boil their DPS is ridiculous. Love Nunu support with Caitlyn and Kog'Maw. Haven't figured out which supports I like best with Ezreal yet but Lulu seems to work out well. Any favorites you guys have?