Some things about Vi's Q

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khangle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Ah, okay. I've just repro'd it.

The bug occurs when you have a target. So if you right click the ground and cast Q, you won't stop, but if you right click a minion and cast Q, you will.

I'll talk to the designers when we get back in the office. This is not intended behavior.
There's also the pathing issue when you click on a minion when heading back to lane (or anywhere else), but if it dies before you get there, your champ stops completely. It's the same concept, so maybe it's worth looking at?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Girumas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undtoromeso View Post
I've noticed it fizzles if you've activated it and they get covered by fog of war. They're visible and targeted on activation, maybe a tiny bit of dash and then...... nothing.

I've had this happen to. I was trying to catch someone before they left the fight, got the target on them, but it canceled a half second later when the person vanished.

I don't /think/ it went on CD since nothing happened, but I can't remember. It was a little upsetting though to have lost the certain kill even though he'd been targeted. ):


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luchamaster

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.
I wish I could remember what champ it was, it may of been Kog, I'm not sure. But I attempted to ulti them, and I would pick them up in the air, but then they would stop, I would come down, and they would just sort of float there for a second, and take no damage.

It was the oddest thing, I just attributed it to lag, but the fact remains they wouldn't take damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shattered Exile

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Well I have one for ya. One game I played as Vi I noticed the enemy Akali going B, so I ulted her but since it was during the final stages of her B it didn't connect and yet I wasn't refunded my ultimate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undtoromeso

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erix3423 View Post
I wish I could remember what champ it was, it may of been Kog, I'm not sure. But I attempted to ulti them, and I would pick them up in the air, but then they would stop, I would come down, and they would just sort of float there for a second, and take no damage.

It was the oddest thing, I just attributed it to lag, but the fact remains they wouldn't take damage.
If it was a Kog, it was likely a cleanse-out. Not 100% sure on how they interact.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XylemUP

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gazeebo View Post
I've had this happen to. I was trying to catch someone before they left the fight, got the target on them, but it canceled a half second later when the person vanished.

I don't /think/ it went on CD since nothing happened, but I can't remember. It was a little upsetting though to have lost the certain kill even though he'd been targeted. ):
This is indeed annoying. The worst part is that it still puts the skill on CD as if the skill had been fully executed

I figured it was an intended effect though, so there couldn't be any crazy glitches like blitz/darius/etc grabbing from across the map. lol.

Perhaps they should differentiate between a champ who's disappeared just outside of range into the fog, and champs that are going b?

If you ult at somebody that just ran into the fog, there's no logical reason the skill shouldn't keep following them until it connects. Every other skill with an effect like such works this way (maokai for one), so shouldn't it be this way for vi as well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agg

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.

It may be brush related, but I'm almost certain i've maintained vision on them. I'll give a try reproducing it after work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZetsubouFallen

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.
While you are in that, why don't you make darius ultimate like that? i really mean, he recovers the ultimate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moosenocalypse

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Both the activation of a skill stopping a character and the flying through targets with a skill shot are widely known bugs for basically all champs, it just takes Riot about a year and a half to do bugfixes...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Ah, okay. I've just repro'd it.

The bug occurs when you have a target. So if you right click the ground and cast Q, you won't stop, but if you right click a minion and cast Q, you will.

I'll talk to the designers when we get back in the office. This is not intended behavior.
I actually reported it's related to the A-move (as in, you've got a target selected) or that it's where to look before she was released.

Please fix