Some things about Vi's Q

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Attilian

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.
Is ulting teemo and the ult fizzing out due to his q intended design or if you ult an olaf who ults it does no damage, etc? Her kit just seems to be bugged badly.

Also while we have your attention could you share the thought process behind the self slow on Q. To make that ability any good as a gap closer you have to build around that one ability and it doesn't feel like good design.

Undtoromeso

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
Also while we have your attention could you share the thought process behind the self slow on Q. To make that ability any good as a gap closer you have to build around that one ability and it doesn't feel like good design.
I love her Q, I love that it's not your everyday ordinary gap closer. Sometimes theres that... dual-direction design issue, but every facet of her Q is obviously designed to push you and them further apart. It's like... Naut's Q only in reverse. Instead of stunning you and them but moving you closer, Vi's Q slows you and knocks them back, but it has variable range which gives it so much extra utility.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.
Since you're here, there is that case where Her ult got the first hit and knocked graves into the air then the second part fizzled because he activated Zhonya's (and no I'm not making this up) is that intentional?

XylemUP

12-28-2012

Quote:
Ah, okay. I've just repro'd it.

The bug occurs when you have a target. So if you right click the ground and cast Q, you won't stop, but if you right click a minion and cast Q, you will.

I'll talk to the designers when we get back in the office. This is not intended behavior.
Woohoo! I've made a difference in league of legends

Also, it happens to me 100% of the time. Not just when my path is targeting a minion/champ.

UglyDoge

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Twilight View Post
Since you're here, there is that case where Her ult got the first hit and knocked graves into the air then the second part fizzled because he activated Zhonya's (and no I'm not making this up) is that intentional?
That's probably because the ult is just a knockup and not an actual stun. Her ult used to be a suppress, and I'm not sure why they decided to change that.

Attilian

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undtoromeso View Post
I love her Q, I love that it's not your everyday ordinary gap closer. Sometimes theres that... dual-direction design issue, but every facet of her Q is obviously designed to push you and them further apart. It's like... Naut's Q only in reverse. Instead of stunning you and them but moving you closer, Vi's Q slows you and knocks them back, but it has variable range which gives it so much extra utility.
Don't get me wrong I love playing her and I feel like zephyr is core on her because it gives tenacity which means you can pick up boots of swiftness but it just doesn't feel as satisfying to me. I do feel like I'm playing lols version of capt falcon though and that's cool.

Undtoromeso

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
Don't get me wrong I love playing her and I feel like zephyr is core on her because it gives tenacity which means you can pick up boots of swiftness but it just doesn't feel as satisfying to me. I do feel like I'm playing lols version of capt falcon though and that's cool.
I'm already raging at Zephyr in another Vi thread lol, hate that item. Not its stats or awesome synergy with Vi.

NadalKenlyl

12-28-2012

While you're here, can you look into the bug that makes both her q and varus fail to cast if you're cced by something the same time you first cast it?

XylemUP

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemUP View Post
Woohoo! I've made a difference in league of legends

Also, it happens to me 100% of the time. Not just when my path is targeting a minion/champ.
Actually I take this back.... After screwing around in custom, it's very random, no rhyme or reason that I'll stop.

I stop 100% of the time when targeting minions though, you're correct there. But occasionally I stop anyways, even if nothing is targeted. Wonder why.

XylemUP

12-28-2012

Bump for awareness

And I think this is the shortest time it's ever taken riot to acknowledge/test/get to work on fixing something. The beginning of a new era perhaps?