Some things about Vi's Q

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superstarsage

12-28-2012

sounds like that's happening because of the way the spell queue's up and the animation. sounds like they put a specific break in there. i haven't played nasus in a while so i can't remember if he suffers from this to when he hits q.

Undtoromeso

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstarsage View Post
sounds like that's happening because of the way the spell queue's up and the animation. sounds like they put a specific break in there. i haven't played nasus in a while so i can't remember if he suffers from this to when he hits q.
Yeah, it's hard to say whether it's a bug or just the way they implement certain kinds of abilities. Still, doesn't sound like it was intentionally designed that way. To be slower you kind of have to be moving by definition. You're not slowed if you're stopped.

Vindexaoen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Just keep clicking to your destination while holding down Q for charging.

XylemUP

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhart View Post
Just keep clicking to your destination while holding down Q for charging.
I'm aware. But I don't always remember to do it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Taurium

12-28-2012

Hitting Q doesn't stop Vi for me.... i didn't think it did so i just tested it and it doesn't stop me from moving, just slows me down.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

12-28-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

I just went into a custom and tried this. I tried Smartcast, Smartcast with Range Indicators, and normal cast. All of them did not cancel my move order when cast while moving.

Does this happen for you every time?

Inkilono

12-28-2012

I've had the same problem I'll cast my Q, not notice i stopped moving then hit my Q again and wonder where am I, and I'm standing way behind the enemy and I miss the kill.

Undtoromeso

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I just went into a custom and tried this. I tried Smartcast, Smartcast with Range Indicators, and normal cast. All of them did not cancel my move order when cast while moving.

From what I hear, not really experienced, it's cancelling existing movement paths upon activating the ability. Like if you're holding down right-click and hit Q, it will interrupt reading that mouse button and stop movement.

Asura

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post

I don't use smart cast, so it may not work with that but it did happen to me a couple of times. Sometimes you move along with her Q and sometimes you will dead stop. It's a random occurrence.

The issues about the missing of her Q is actually the hit box being reduced. Her Q needs to be spot on, if there is a slight scrape from her Q it most times does not register.

EDIT: From the above post, this is most likely the case. If you're running and cast Q it stops you, unless you constantly click move while you Q.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

12-28-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Ah, okay. I've just repro'd it.

The bug occurs when you have a target. So if you right click the ground and cast Q, you won't stop, but if you right click a minion and cast Q, you will.

I'll talk to the designers when we get back in the office. This is not intended behavior.

1234567 ... 12