Some things about Vi's Q

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XylemUP

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenBLD View Post
I'm just saying Riot made her Q completely stop for a reason. I believe Vi is "balanced" at this moment and can be potentially OP if given to the right players. Not stopping to charge up the Q would somewhat make her more OP.

Also, Riot somewhat made common sense with this. The Q is a powerful punch, and in real life, throwing a strong punch comes from a good stance with some torque. You won't have as much torque if you are moving during this "powerful punch".
That's the thing. The stop doesn't actually slow you down AT ALL if you can just remember to spam click every time you cast it. And doesn't that completely ruin the point of having it stop her in the first place?

Feels like it's punishing people for not remembering a skill effect that's not listed anywhere.

Two things can be done:

1) If riot really thinks slowing her down by one pixel every time she casts Q balances her out somehow.... They can note that it stops her movement in the tooltip.

2) Remove the stopping all together, because let's face it, it does nothing provided you just remember to keep clicking towards your destination as soon as you cast it.

Undtoromeso

12-27-2012

I've never noticed this movement stop, but I've heard other people mention it. Are you smartcasting or something weird? Other than possible glitches and an indicator fix, I love her Q.

XylemUP

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undtoromeso View Post
I've never noticed this movement stop, but I've heard other people mention it. Are you smartcasting or something weird? Other than possible glitches and an indicator fix, I love her Q.
When you move, do you usually click a billion times like most of us?

That's why. It's completely unnoticeable if you click that way 100% of the time, no exceptions.

But for people like me, who occasionally take a quick toke while walking semi-long distances.... Argh. Most annoying thing EVER.

[edit] And no, no smartcast. No megusta smartcast.

Undtoromeso

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemUP View Post
When you move, do you usually click a billion times like most of us?

That's why. It's completely unnoticeable if you click that way 100% of the time, no exceptions.

But for people like me, who occasionally take a quick toke while walking semi-long distances.... Argh. Most annoying thing EVER.

[edit] And no, no smartcast. No megusta smartcast.
Okay yeah, that could definitely be it. I guess it's just another thing that needs some QoL improvements. I actually love her kit though, OP with hardcore balancing quirks. If it felt more smooth, maybe got a laning buff, I think everyone would love/hate her.

XylemUP

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undtoromeso View Post
Okay yeah, that could definitely be it. I guess it's just another thing that needs some QoL improvements. I actually love her kit though, OP with hardcore balancing quirks. If it felt more smooth, maybe got a laning buff, I think everyone would love/hate her.
Yeah, vi is great! I mean... Well.... Not in a lane.....

But jungle vi rocks. Fun kit, great passive for being a jungle tank.

XylemUP

12-27-2012

No acknowledgement that this thread exists still. Community would rather troll

Varidan

12-27-2012

Q glitch sounds similar to the Lux ult glitch, where in rare cases, it does no damage.

I havent seen any patch note saying that was fixed, but i also havent been playing Lux as much.

In any case, I never really noticed her stopping due to click spamming, but there still is no reason for that to be there in the first place.

XylemUP

12-28-2012

Bump.

XylemUP

12-28-2012

Bump? :/

Undtoromeso

12-28-2012

Still sounds like unintended consequences! I am hopeful for a response, but good luck getting that til next year.

123456 ... 12