5 Bruisers = new meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheezySneezeXD

12-27-2012

Ive lost several game's the last couple of days due to people just playing 5 bruisers all stacking Black cleavers. Ad bot and Ap mids may as well be forgotten, the more armor i build the more is gets shred!

Tucking Sits

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezySneezeXD View Post
Ive lost several game's the last couple of days due to people just playing 5 bruisers all stacking Black cleavers. Ad bot and Ap mids may as well be forgotten, the more armor i build the more is gets shred!
If they are stacking cleavers, build Warmogs. The more cleavers they build, the less defensive items they have, and so they lose their tanky edge, which means more often than not they die extremely quick.

Boagster

12-27-2012

At some point during champion select, your team should recognize that they are extremely beefy (say, after they pick their third bruiser). At this point, you should have 1-3 picks left. Encourage someone on your team to pick someone with %Health abilities, which are meant to shred through bruisers. Amumu, Dr. Mundo, Evelynn, Jarvan IV, Jayce, Kog'maw, Malzahar, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Poppy, Vayne, Varus, Warwick, and Xin Zhao all have % health abilities (the ones in bold % max health, the ones not bold % current health). Your team could also build health shredding items.

Also, Black Cleaver stacking is no where near as good as it was before the last patch. The armor penetration is unique now and the passive only works if you build armor. As Da3daalus suggested, build health instead of armor and you should have been fine.

A big thing in a game like this, assuming you were following the Bruiser/AP Carry/AD Carry/ Support/Ambiguous Jungler strategy, is not let teamfights happen until you poke a good chunk of health from two or three of their bruisers. If you can get a few of them down to a health similar to your squishies, then you should have the advantage with your better damage base.

ChiSqrd

12-27-2012

Bruisers are the strongest in this meta. They are tanky and yet can dish out a good amount of damage.

Mageinta Warrior

12-27-2012

This is nothing new. Tanky deeps have been "the new meta" for quite some time.

NinetyNineTails

12-27-2012

Bruisers have always been FotM at the mid and lower ELO ranges. They are forgiving and relatively straightfoward to play.

Also, if they are stacking Black Cleavers, get tanky via HP rather than armor. The S3 item cost rebalancing made HP cheaper and armor/MR more expensive. Warmog's is a very good pickup and there are many other very solid items that offer HP; every game I play, I like Ruby Sightstone more.

madkitty22

12-27-2012

yeah but theres ways around that i just dont think they should choose five tanks they should have three tanks one for each lanes one support for healing across the map and a jungler for farming cause you know that you can mess stuff up if we got a good jungler .They dont have to be a dick and do that

DilanjanFSRII

12-27-2012

I faced a team like that recently. For some lucky reason I was playing Kog that day instead of my regular Garen. They owned all the way up till the mid game. But late game as my tank got his items and I got my items all the while my jungler and support keeping me safe, We managed to shred the life out of them end game. The thing with 5 bruiser comp is that it will hurt early game but if you play smart and play passive late game ADC damage is just brutal to deal with. Agreed having a malph on my team helped a ton.