Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop44 View Post
pantheon

Have you never heard of Spartans. The secret to their badassery was their shields. Those things are weapons in the own right and could easily kill someone if they bashed them with it. Also try taking on an army in Phalanx Formation where they stand side by side all covered with their shields with their long spears sticking out.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
Have you never heard of Spartans. The secret to their badassery was their shields. Those things are weapons in the own right and could easily kill someone if they bashed them with it. Also try taking on an army in Phalanx Formation where they stand side by side all covered with their shields with their long spears sticking out.
Lmao, I was actually looking for an epic anime spartan picture to add when I was still making this thread, with the phrase "DID YOU THINK THE SPARTANS HELD OFF THE PERSIANS THANKS TO THEIR SPEARS?! NO! IT'S THANKS TO THEIR GLORIOUS SHIELDS!" But then I thought "Meh, nhat cool enuff"

King Sake

12-28-2012

Upvoting for great, shielded JUSTICE!

Perhaps someone with a shield dash/stun? (DASH, not BASH)

SSj Heimerdinger

12-28-2012

This post gave me shields.

Celebi

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liHDlGinzo View Post
This post gave me shields.
Aids is so last year, shields is the new ****

Celebi

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
Upvoting for great, shielded JUSTICE!

Perhaps someone with a shield dash/stun? (DASH, not BASH)
Why not both? A dashing shield-bash?

Laue

12-28-2012

Greatshields plox. Dualwielding greatshields Dark Souls style. Please.

On the same note - Greatbows. Shooting spears with a bow is just so badass.

Celebi

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laue View Post
Greatshields plox. Dualwielding greatshields Dark Souls style. Please.

On the same note - Greatbows. Shooting spears with a bow is just so badass.
I can tell your a Final Fantasy player, you certainly use the terms of one. Greatswords and Greatbows are terms only seen in FF games, FF Tactics to be specific

garrotedGargoyle

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
His attack 3 animation, passive and critical attack actually use both hands. Also his dance indicates that he uses the lance with both hands efficiently. And I'm sorry but manly men don't need shields, example Japanese Samurai, Ninja. Sure the shield provides good protection but who needs a shield to defend when you can strike quick and swiftly. The best defense is a good offense. Pantheon actually uses his right hand to hold his shield. Attachment is weak and not reliable in real combat. It works for him since it's a full-size shield that he can uses to cover the whole body. A buckler is not a good choice against two-handed weapons in general.
Samurai were a noble class. Why would they hulk around a huge shield everywhere they go?
Ninjas were farmers. They used farmtools as their weapons. Why would they have shields on their farm?

Also, alot of people would consider both of those to be more on the feminine side than masculine.

Most american males think "Big, heavy suit of armor, and huge sword and shield tank" is masculine. So why use the term "real men blahblahblah"?

Shields were incredibly useful for large-scale infantry warfare.

Ninjas and Samurai are much more accustomed to small fights, and geurilla warfare tactics, because they don't need to worry about everything and their mother being tossed at them from all angles including the sky.

Also, I bring unto you a quote. "Someones defense is at it's weakest point when they're thinking offense." The best defense is not a good offense. famous quote is actually wrong. Who woulda thought?

By the way, Bucklers are actually useful against large weapons. They function in two main ways:

1) Shield bashing. (Always useful, regardless of 2h or 1h on the opponent.)
2)Deflecting/Parrying.

It's much easier to parry heavy strikes which require the opponent to put alot of their weight into. Such strikes usually are much slower, and the effect of the parry is also alot more devastating.

Bucklers are not really "shields", they're more like a companion weapon.

Laue

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I can tell your a Final Fantasy player, you certainly use the terms of one. Greatswords and Greatbows are terms only seen in FF games, FF Tactics to be specific
No, Dark Souls. And believe me, by "great"bow/shield, they MEAN it.