Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

There are cool things to do with a shield, but for actual mechanics, here's what I want:

- Position based spell shield that reflects or absorbs skill shots/line nukes (Lux lazer!) to fire them back a second or two later.
- Throwing a buckler that arcs out like Diana's Q, then back again.
- Bash a fool with a shield, then smack them away. Knock up into an optional knockback, basically.
- Some sort of damage link skill, you reduce damage taken for an ally but take some yourself, and vice versa. Could offer some damage reduction as well, particularly for AoE. Would be a nice ultimate.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Cele-bump!

Titiln

02-14-2013

mute dude with talking shield where riot

Navvan

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?
I have to agree. It would be sweet if a champion had a kit that revolved around the shield.
I don't know anything about how hard it would be to implement, but I imagine a passive that blocked or reduced damage that hit from the front similar to how shaco's passive increases damage dealt to the back would be thematic. Additionally an ult that creates a temporary wall (in the form of a shield) that allies can pass/shoot through but enemies can't would be pretty sweet.

Imagine blocking one of the sniping ults with a well placed shield ult saving an ally that would have died otherwise. Nothing says shield more than that.

Celebi

Recruiter

02-17-2013

bump

Ebonmaw Dragon

02-17-2013

Genzoman and Grimlock, those guys are awesome (The ilustators)

topgunLT1

02-17-2013

and of these pantheon is the only champion who actually uses his shield while the rest just runs along with it like an idiot . That's y when i played pantheon for the 1st tym, i was like OMG fkn awesome champion o.O .

Jaerl

02-17-2013

I've always loved the concept of characters with shields

Celebi

Recruiter

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
Genzoman and Grimlock, those guys are awesome (The ilustators)
There's a lot more than just these two, that's why I didn't bother listing all the artists lol.

Celebi

Recruiter

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunLT1 View Post
and of these pantheon is the only champion who actually uses his shield while the rest just runs along with it like an idiot . That's y when i played pantheon for the 1st tym, i was like OMG fkn awesome champion o.O .
Leona does too, she bashes the enemy in the face with her shield exactly like Pantheon.