Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zomgbeast

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?
What if the new tank had a ult which creates a protective wall or bubble that absorbs damage?

LittleDi

12-28-2012

Cap would be proud. +1 and a bump. Addium GIVE Sivir this skin type. Riot Plz!

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Champion uses a giant shield. Passive is that allies behind him gain additional Armor and Magic Resist.

His ult is a 'Malphite' ult. However, instead of knocking them up, he passes through all enemies and knocks them to the side.

Scales purely off of resistances.

The Penguin Army

12-28-2012

Quote:

Samurai Jack can do it, so can a League champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoCtK85KBko#t=4m

The champion could be a martial artist.

As well you could go with a different approach making the shields hextech and putting three smaller mining drills that rotate on each. Allow the champion to charge through terrain or drill underground to strike his foes from beneath.

Put These:

Attachment 583008 Attachment 583009 Attachment 583010

On this:

Attachment 583018

Hakuoro1

12-28-2012

Glad to see someone noticing Leglius for once. Here's a larger image+supermove.
CHAINSAW SHIELDS FTW!
image:
http://diehardgamefan.com/wordpress/...s2/leglius.jpg
Ulti of awesomeness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfUDVlOYfnw

Junksie

12-28-2012

Ever notice how 60% of champions have shoulder pads?
What are Nocturne's even made of?

Mourgus

12-28-2012

Quote:
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

GW2 style, block everything in front of the champion.

Also, dual-wielding shields.
How are 2 bucklers any different than large gauntlets or knuckles? Beat faces in, defend yourself from angry bystanders, rinse, repeat.

Simply Chaotic

12-28-2012

Quote:

Well, make a skill that is toggled on/off with no resource cost. When activated, the character drops into a defensive stance, behind his shield. His movement speed is reduced, his auto attack is disabled, he can only use shield-based abilities, and reduces all dmg from in front of and to the side. So, if an enemy is behind him, he takes full dmg. This works opposite of Shaco's passive. Also, you could extend the dmg reduction to allies behind him too, kind of like an AoE dmg reduction, without the visible effect.

EUserversneedTLC

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
I'd love a champion like that. You know what would be really awesome?

DUAL-WIELDING SHIELDS. Think about it.
http://s540.beta.photobucket.com/use...cious.jpg.html

Captain Tenacious anyone? Look at those rock hard abs, he's so man he stole Raphael's mask.

Faelira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

i have a shield fetish now thanks to genzoman art ><