Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollerball

12-28-2012

I wonder if riot thinks its possible to do it such that a shield wielder has a chance to block autoattacks in a about a 140 degree arc in front of him and if its possible to make animations of the character moving his shield arm roughly towards where the actual blow from a monster or enemy champions is coming from. The animations could be so cool looking, especially with a buckler using character whod have to fling his arm around.

Timjin

12-28-2012

This is the type of champion I have been waiting for and hmm, the last Tank released was almost a year ago... Riot Pls?

Bad Luck Braum

12-28-2012

W-why can't I stop looking at the taric picture @_@

Gribblez

12-28-2012

To be honest, if anyones gonna be rocking dual shields its gotta be a yordle. Anything else would just be lame by comparison.

Ep1cLeprechaun

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?
How about a shield placed like Anivia's wall that reduces damage of all enemy skillshots (and possible projectiles) that pass through it? Essentially the anti Jayce. Or perhaps making it a 1 way skillshot stopper?

Twistana

12-28-2012

Quote:
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?
This...

"Get behind me, I'll push our way through dis sht"

Rockman

12-28-2012

I first learned about shields from the episode of Samurai Jack and the Spartans... is that bad?

Daysoffuturepast

12-28-2012

Quote:
Oh lord, a red that knows about warmachine. Yessss

Rumble Bot

12-28-2012

If I grabbed Teemo, impaled him on the end of my harpoon, and used that as a meat shield would that count?

SnoWolf x

12-28-2012

Actually why doesn't kayle have a shield, she uses a one handed sword? it'd make sense lol