Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot we need more Shields.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollerball

12-28-2012

I wonder if riot thinks its possible to do it such that a shield wielder has a chance to block autoattacks in a about a 140 degree arc in front of him and if its possible to make animations of the character moving his shield arm roughly towards where the actual blow from a monster or enemy champions is coming from. The animations could be so cool looking, especially with a buckler using character whod have to fling his arm around.

Timjin

12-28-2012

This is the type of champion I have been waiting for and hmm, the last Tank released was almost a year ago... Riot Pls?

Bad Luck Braum

12-28-2012

W-why can't I stop looking at the taric picture @_@

Gribblez

12-28-2012

To be honest, if anyones gonna be rocking dual shields its gotta be a yordle. Anything else would just be lame by comparison.

Ep1cLeprechaun

12-28-2012

Quote:
davin:
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?

How about a shield placed like Anivia's wall that reduces damage of all enemy skillshots (and possible projectiles) that pass through it? Essentially the anti Jayce. Or perhaps making it a 1 way skillshot stopper?

Twistana

12-28-2012

Quote:
davin:
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?

This...

"Get behind me, I'll push our way through dis sht"

Rockman

12-28-2012

I first learned about shields from the episode of Samurai Jack and the Spartans... is that bad?

Daysoffuturepast

12-28-2012

Quote:
davin:
There's ways to make that cool. (http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/warjacks/vigilant)

Oh lord, a red that knows about warmachine. Yessss

Rumble Bot

12-28-2012

If I grabbed Teemo, impaled him on the end of my harpoon, and used that as a meat shield would that count?

SnoWolf x

12-28-2012

Actually why doesn't kayle have a shield, she uses a one handed sword? it'd make sense lol