Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-28-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?

Weegee7

12-28-2012

I just think it's time for a new tank champion. Shields fit really well on them, so why not a tank with a shield?

EmnestyX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

dual shield knight in full armour with a full mask and real night armour, kinda like dark souls style. with 2 shield he should be able to charge forward, deflect, and have some kind of discombobulate with those shields

Rahgar

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
We have some characters with shields but I don't think we've really sold what it means to have a shield--like, using the shield to protect yourself and others. Pantheon does it with the Aegis. Leona and Taric have shields to tell us they're defenders, and Leona does a bash with it--but nobody is like GET BEHIND THIS SHIELD OKAY I BLOCKED EVERYTHING.

Isn't that the fantasy of the shield? Or am I alone in that?
I'd love a champion like that. You know what would be really awesome?

DUAL-WIELDING SHIELDS. Think about it.

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-28-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
I'd love a champion like that. You know what would be really awesome?

DUAL-WIELDING SHIELDS. Think about it.
There's ways to make that cool.

Rahgar

12-28-2012

Quote:
Exactly! There are so many ways you could take this idea, I'm surprised you guys at Riot haven't done it yet.

Also - Warmachine. Nice.

A Grim Reaper

12-28-2012

I think the traditional knight troph would do wonders in this game. And while using a shield as a form of protectoin is awesome, I REALLY want to see a FIGHTER and not a tank wield the sword and shield. Someone who uses both the sword and their shield in the tradtional sense to smite their enemies and protect against the strongest of foes.

Klein Mars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
get behind this shield okay i blocked everything.
this is exactly what we want

Fenstick

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
If Nami had a shield, more people would play her!
Attachment 581988
Riot plz

Tanxxed

12-28-2012

Think about this, lux, ash or Ez (or all of them at once ) ult at a specific area, and this badass knight uses his shield and with his dexterity and a prayer to his gods, he either blocks, mitigates, deflect or reflect any of those spells ( or all of them if its based on a timer and not just 1 spell )

He also uses his shield as a weapon, throwing it and or bashing people with it

Or using the reflection of the sun on his shield to blind his enemies

Or being more creative, his shield has different passives depending on what type of damage he is constanly recieving, causing him to gain magic resist , armor, or retaliation if mixed, or health gain if true damage