Is it bad strategy to destroy a turret too early?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KKCrispus

12-27-2012

In your case I would say leave tower up till laning phase is obviously done. A farmed vayne is scary. A roaming unfarmed vayne not so threatning imo

Pobbes

12-27-2012

It does depend on the situation. Generally, a tower down is good. However, you do have to make some smart choice directly afterward or you are in trouble. If I get an early tower drop in some lane, then I will try to roam and drop the mid tower to open up their jungle for easy travel. Most importantly, you have to make sure the bot lane gets pushed back to your tower so the enemy bot lane can't free farm, and has to fight past their down tower to farm. If you can't keep the minion wave where you want it then you are going to be in trouble.

I think that is really the key, if you and the adc can control the minion wave then having the tower down is only good. If your adc doesn't know how to control the wave then just leave the tower up to help them farm.

Crazy Crann

12-28-2012

I would think that knocking down the first turret in bot could be a good proposition in several ways. If you have the escapability/wits to avoid jungle ganks, you basically make it so you're consuming a lot of your enemy's jungle's play time with coming bot thinking he's going to get over-extension kills.

This takes pressure off your other lanes.

Taking the tower early also allows you to apply more pressure to other lanes, which in turn allows your team to dominate the game earlier than it normally would.

It also gives you an advantage at dragon, because you can fall back to your tower whereas the enemy cannot.

And, of course, it makes any advance into the river/bush "no man's land" of the lane a risky proposition for the enemy ADC and support.

acosn

12-28-2012

You winning the game is precipitated in destroying towers.

Unless you're bad there's no reason to not bring down towers ASAP, especially if the enemy team allows for it.

KKCrispus

12-28-2012

I do understand the point of early towers but if the nunu vayne are dominating the bot hard enough to kill the tower early, I would assume they were winning lane. Why wouldn't you extend laning phase and continue to snowball the adc and deny their adc creeps by making them face you in lane

Azellos

12-28-2012

Think about it this way too: its an overall gold advantage. Lets say bot lane destroys their tower, mid/top doesn't and they keep laning. Then your helping your mid/top lane out, but your basically not really helping yourself because you are allowing the enemy adc more farm by pushing (unless all lanes are winning, in which case they can't contest so you can possibly push to the 2nd tower safely).

Basically, it's almost more of a strategy call than a "right or wrong" decision. On the one hand, your ad won't be able to cs quite as much if the lane is pushed. On the other hand, it'll let you push further, roam harder, and get your team ahead on gold earlier.

Often this situation happens with late game carries. Like if i'm playing a vayne and they down my tower early, then i might be relieved because i can catch up on cs for the next few minutes. But lets say the enemy team does a good job of getting my tower, then gets 3 more towers in other lanes, and we dont have any- that's a significant amount of gold going to the other team. Late game, it really adds up- which is why it's not always good to hold off on those towers until late game. I say push them down right when your ready for mid game and done with laning, because then you'll be able to roam and you'll get the gold, but you'll already have benefitted from a good lane.

Candentis

12-28-2012

Take the tower. Even though some people say to wait for 20 minutes or to keep snowballing, odds are you have 1 losing lane, 1 even lane, and the lane you're dominating. Go buy something that lets you gank (read Sword of the divine or Twin Shadows) and help the lane that 's losing. Also, the game is decided at the 5 minute mark in most cases anyway, so time is valuable.

Kernel Angus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

This can easily be tested. In your next game bot
1. intentionally play so passively,without denying yourself gold or experience, that the enemy can take the turret before 10 mins.
2. ????
3. Profit from free farm

doggeris789

12-28-2012

It's a good idea if say.. you have 2 top and went with no jungler and need roams immediately

Etherimp

12-28-2012

ADC's are not very useful roaming unless they have picked up several early kills.. I won't normally start roaming until I have at least T2 Boots, a BF Sword, and a Zeal. It's better to let your ADC farm the lane until they have enough items to be a threat to the rest of the enemy team. If you're dominating your lane that hard you shouldn't have a problem taking the tower whenever you want.