Theres alot more to this game than just playing for kills..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damieh

01-07-2013

This was a nice read made by op and Panzers. T-up!

Also I've just played with your zyra and I liked your playstyle =). When ppl play with teamwork on their mind even though if individual skills are even the teamwork team will definetely crush the other.

(unless the other team has kass and teemo) =(

NamKim

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxG Skumbagz View Post
Heres an example of what im talking about. People thinking they are playing right cuz of their score. He would rush top vs 3 players and die 3 times in late game. It was hard to catch up with him cuz he wouldn't give all of us speed buff. The sad thing about it was that he wasn't too far ahead of us. But instead of waiting for 3 secs for us...he took too much unnecessary dmg and died before we got there.

It important for people to understand how to play this game mode. With more competitive players , it makes dominion more fun and in the end increases our population.
The biggest issue with the scoring system is that subconsciously we all want to be first. We all like being rewarded. It's similar to a teacher's pet for a teacher that practices favoritism. They get on the teacher's good side by sucking up and they get rewarded with good grades even if they should have failed the class. While a good and fair teacher will encourage their students to learn all the material and make them mentally struggle a little to push them further mentally. There are people who would rather be told they are amazing (scoring system, immediate reward) vs. actually take the time and effort to become amazing (higher elo, play with people who will push you to become better).

I used to main support on Summoner's Rift. I used to get so much **** from players for having a terrible Kill: Death ratio and people treated me like my opinions didn't matter because a bad Kill: Death ratio means you suck. If you look at my Assists, you realize I was in every team fight, selflessly gave up the kills to my carries, and often selflessly died in order to save my ADC (and their killing streak) by intercepting an enemy Caitlyn ult that was going to kill the ADC if I didn't intercept. So...yeah, I'm just kind of used to people who think they're amazing but really aren't...

xPainx

01-07-2013

True, i can guarantee if a top player made a new account and no one knew it was him he would get criticized if he gave some in-game advice while having a "bad score".