Riot plz read :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fwob

12-27-2012

I know many people who have said they'd play ranked Dominion every day if it were available, and have lost interest because they have no way of gauging their skill progression.

TechPrince

12-27-2012

Draft mode is quite dead, can be converted into ranked. Population will increase linearly, OP champs will get banned. But ELO hell will be here as well... its one of the reasons i keep playing dom. There is nothing to gain but IP yes but there is nothing to loose as well (except the badge lol) So for the reason, draft mode for ranked, blind mode for nonranked.

KoD MAD PunZ

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
Draft mode is quite dead, can be converted into ranked. Population will increase linearly, OP champs will get banned. But ELO hell will be here as well... its one of the reasons i keep playing dom. There is nothing to gain but IP yes but there is nothing to loose as well (except the badge lol) So for the reason, draft mode for ranked, blind mode for nonranked.
It's time to flip the switch aye.... [ON] OFF

KoD MAD PunZ

12-27-2012

Bump

WolfBastard

12-27-2012

I have been wanting ranked dominion to happen for a really long time I enjoy dominion more than 5v5 sr and 3v3 tt it would mean alot to me to have some ranked dominion woooooo do it riot do it!!!

madkitty22

12-27-2012

dominion definitely makes things interesting to play and its challenging but all the maps are like that ty for making a great game for game for us . HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

NamKim

12-27-2012

It is times like this when I realize why Riot ignored Dominion and Twisted Treeline for so long. They left so much of a mess with empty promises and lack of proper balancing that they knew whoever worked on those two maps would receive a ton of ****. Which makes me appreciate RiotNome even more.

He said he would pay attention to Twisted Treeline, he gave them an entire map rework just because he concluded that it was the best way to fix the balance issues. Yes, there are still a ton of problems now but RiotNome delivered and is now in a good position to fix balance issues. So, that is why I am sure Dominion will get the attention it deserves in time.

The problem is you look at Morello on Summoner's Rift and look at all the resources he has to balance it. Yeah, he several times more people who complain but a lot of them are just little kids raging that Karma is the most OP AP mid ever and should be nerfed while Ryze's cooldowns are too long and should be reduced.

Then you look at RiotNome where he has to keep tabs on three maps, two of which are huge undertaking. His community has legitimate reasons for being angry and he is not given the tools to do. He has to balance around what Morello wants.

Morello: "RiotNome, I have concluded that Kass is too weak and he will be receiving a buff in the next patch."
RiotNome: "Seriously? Kass is already a completely broken champion on Dominion that the community has been demanding for a fix for months now.:
Morello: "Not my problem. Not my fault that Dominion is an imbalanced map."
RiotNome: "Actually, it kind of is..."
Phreak: "Tell them to build more Trinity Forces!! Nubs!!"

Edit:

Quote:
JabeBot's "special elo powers are mia".
As for this, this is intentional. Riot wants to make sure that normal mode is the laid back mode where people do not have to worry about elo. The problem is, well, I think you guys already know what the problem is. Or else this thread wouldn't exist.

Fwob

12-27-2012

A competitive game doesn't thrive on "laid back"! If we can't get ranked, just give us JabeBot back ffs!

KoD MAD PunZ

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwob View Post
A competitive game doesn't thrive on "laid back"! If we can't get ranked, just give us JabeBot back ffs!
I know right, if we can have an "unofficial map" (Dom) and they don't care, I don't see why unofficial Elo would even matter to them any more. For those who actually want to have the title as a Player who SUPPORTS DOMINION rather than being the brainwashed player "JUNGLE!!, ohhh didn't see the map, oh well who care's it's just Dominion".

OMGPLS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I really think ranked dom. will bring more people into game. I mean, some people just think normal games are boring because all they do is cs , oh gank! hide!, cs and so on.
In fact, I always wondered why riot is discriminate between two types of games. What's so special about summoner's rift??