So, Riot is at fault for this "ISP lag". Proven. Fact.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-31-2012

HAHHAHA I just found this guy's Tribunal case:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6079634


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Hunter

Senior Member

12-31-2012

This dude seriously needs to shut up already. You are plaging A FREE GAME. And its vastly.known as one of the best MOBA games. Its FREE TO PLAY and your going to complain about some lag. Shut up already. Its a FFEE GAME with millions of players on there servers, they cant resolve every problem right away, so deal with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScottyRawr

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
So apparently a distance issue is East Coast, because I'm sitting down here in Florida, getting 2 second delays and my ping is showing a steady 80 throughout the whole game.
I'm just having my ping go up from 96 to 300-350 then back down and I'm in Florida as well O.o...I tried playing on the BR server today and my ping on there is about 35 xD. I couldn't understand anything but it was nice having a ping at 35 and when it spikes it only goes up to 150 and drops back down. ^.^ I just had a technician here checking everything the past two days and it's fine here, everything is the same as it was (no problems), I've just been having this ping on League go up and down recently. :S.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-31-2012

oh god this is hilarious... here he is, as shaco:

Quote:
Jax [00:00:29] lag
Jax [00:00:30] ..
Shaco [00:01:55] blooody riot
Shaco [00:01:57] can't proram for ****
Annie [00:02:14] 2 mid
Ashe [00:02:47] turret double kill
Ashe [00:02:48] lol
Jax [00:02:50] ..
Shaco [All] [00:04:48] worth it
Shaco [00:06:00] play properly annie or im reporting you
Shaco [All] [00:09:32] enjoy the ban, terrify is not less than a 10 second cooldown
Tryndamere [00:09:39] wait
Shaco [All] [00:09:41] cooldown hacking is obvious, you shoudl know better
Annie [00:10:34] what ?
Jax [00:13:02] D:
Jax [00:13:09] my camera ..
Shaco [00:13:19] press y
Shaco [00:14:01] did that fix it jax?
Shaco [00:14:49] thanks for feeding yi so much -.-
Shaco [00:14:52] ffs
Shaco [00:15:11] how does jax possibly lose against yi? press E, leap on him
Shaco [00:15:11] gg
Annie [00:15:18] gank teemo
Shaco [00:15:25] no we need push
Shaco [00:15:28] keep pushing top
Shaco [00:15:40] enjoy the ban annie you haven't done a single useful thing all game
Shaco [00:16:13] you dont even help your team when they come to gank
Shaco [00:18:08] defend ffs
Shaco [All] [00:20:53] report jax intentional feeding
Shaco [All] [00:21:05] no way in hell he should be dying to a yi unless he's doing it deliberately
Shaco [All] [00:21:21] now you're practicalyl unkillable -.-
Ashe [00:21:33] He has 6 kills dude
Ashe [00:21:35] chill
Shaco [00:21:37] from jax
Shaco [00:21:38] yes
Shaco [00:21:40] exactly my point
Ashe [00:21:43] only 70 cs
Ashe [00:21:46] not a big deal
Shaco [00:21:48] im equyall fed and can't kill him
Shaco [00:21:59] that IS a big deal
Ashe [00:22:22] Good thing this game isnt a 1 v 1 shaco and yi
Ashe [00:22:27] Then right?
Shaco [00:22:37] good thing you have no idea what team work is then
Shaco [00:22:38] right?
Ashe [00:22:49] Lol
Shaco [00:23:00] this game is 1v1, the rest of you are trash
Shaco [00:23:01] fact.
Ashe [00:23:24] Tries to lecture me on team work then calls team trash
Ashe [00:23:33] this guy
Shaco [00:23:34] it's the truth
Shaco [00:23:37] you claim team game
Shaco [00:23:40] but are never in team fights
Shaco [All] [00:23:54] ???
Ashe [00:25:41] Lol i can 1 v 1 him
Shaco [00:25:48] no you can't
Ashe [00:25:49] and im the least fed adc of all time
Ashe [00:25:52] just did
Ashe [00:25:54] dick head
Shaco [00:25:57] no, you didn't
Shaco [00:26:09] he's started lagging or something, he ran straight past 2 turrets hwen i killed him
Ashe [00:26:15] Are you kidding?
Shaco [00:26:17] didn't even try to kill me
Shaco [00:26:19] nope.
Ashe [00:26:23] It was in jundle
Ashe [00:26:26] no turrets
Shaco [00:26:28] nobody cares
Shaco [00:26:30] he didn't retaliate
Shaco [00:27:11] might be intentionally feeding actually
Shaco [00:27:14] considering his team is trash
Shaco [00:27:30] some guys do that when they feel their team doesn't deserve to win
Annie [00:27:33] annie is the best


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GC ShangriLa

Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phočnix View Post

1. it's cheap, TCP/IP is the only real alternative and has 25% moer overheads than UDP, because it sends "received packet acknowledgements".
2. It's easy. UDP is easier to programme for.
3. It's less flawed in terms of security, whereas windows has always had several core TCP/IP flaws.

First off, UDP is part of the TCP/IP suite. It's a transport protocol. The two transport protocols in the TCP/IP suite are TCP and UDP. So saying UDP is more secure than TCP/IP is pretty stupid. Also, TCP is actually more secure than UDP because it has acknowledgments. (no matter how you look at it)

And even so, transport protocols barely have anything to do with security. If anything, security is handled at the Network layer using IPSec which encapsulates TCP and UDP, so they can be just as secure. TCP only has more overhead because it sequences the segments so they can be put back in the correct order and so that the sending computer can resend the missing segment in case it was lost.

Also, as for programming, TCP/IP really isn't any harder to program for than UDP. Any programmer that has an issue or complains about this would be fired in a heartbeat in an actual environment.


Edit: Also, covering my ass, I also want to note that I meant packet security. Not securing the network or anything of that nature, it's completely irrelevant in this case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaschko2

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreez˙ View Post
mayb u unpluged ur comp
win


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phočnix View Post
League doesn'teven support macs, stfu fanboy.

OP, both of thoses systems are i3's, which are melons. Windows 7/8 natively implements up to 12 core/thread optimising so they are definately worth it.

I have an 8 core bulldozer 8150 overclocked at 4.07ghtz and get framerates far higher than any intel offering, only real exception is the high end of the new i7 3xxx series

Also alienware frequently has driver and hardware issues with newer games, avoid like the plague.

Your best bet is to save more and buy a decent gaming rig or buy a cheap laptop just for lol, then get a proper desktop when you can afford it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phočnix View Post
Yes... a world leading expert in software and hardware "Knows nothing about PC's."

Learn who you're talking to before you try fanboying intel, kid. Dozer hit 10;2ghtz on 2 cores on gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud7 motherboard, verified iirc on overclockers' forums.

The 8350 is out now. Yummy.

This guy is providing me quality entertainment tonight... 10.2ghz lololol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotInTheButthole

Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC ShangriLa View Post
First off, UDP is part of the TCP/IP suite. It's a transport protocol. The two transport protocols in the TCP/IP suite are TCP and UDP. So saying UDP is more secure than TCP/IP is pretty stupid. Also, TCP is actually more secure than UDP because it has acknowledgments. (no matter how you look at it)

And even so, transport protocols barely have anything to do with security. If anything, security is handled at the Network layer using IPSec which encapsulates TCP and UDP, so they can be just as secure. TCP only has more overhead because it sequences the segments so they can be put back in the correct order and so that the sending computer can resend the missing segment in case it was lost.

Also, as for programming, TCP/IP really isn't any harder to program for than UDP. Any programmer that has an issue or complains about this would be fired in a heartbeat in an actual environment.


Edit: Also, covering my ass, I also want to note that I meant packet security. Not securing the network or anything of that nature, it's completely irrelevant in this case.
i literally dont know what the **** your talking about, but if i was a computer, i think this would be porn to me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phočnix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.
You know, friend, the fact that there's still no Australia server is pretty ridiculous to me and I'm not even Australian.

Maybe your superiors should man up and tell Tencent they need additional servers, because as we both know, it's not like they're hurting for money, right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadebourne

Member

12-31-2012

I can confirm there is lag and disconnect.

I am eastcoast