So, Riot is at fault for this "ISP lag". Proven. Fact.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Therefore it's Riot's fault?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vialley

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phoènix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.
South America must be pretty far for the servers since im getting these problems


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Should point out, if i see another Riot staff member claim it's not their end, i'm filing fraud charges.
You just stepped into my area of specialty. FYI, you should not have said that. Riot can't talk to you now.

Any legal department worth its salary will make sure they've made it clear to anyone interacting with the public that you do not ever, under any circumstances continue to speak with someone who is discussing the prospect of legal action. That's not just game companies, that's true of banks, telecoms, you name it. Once someone says "I'm suing", the only people who are allowed to talk to you are lawyers.

As a general rule, either sue or don't, don't threaten.

Anyway, read the EULA, you don't have a case. There's a reason software companies are rarely sued successfully.

It's their fault, but not necessarily their responsibility legally.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXDawnBladeXx

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phoènix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.
Care to shed some light on what happened for my game (posted on top of page 30), where both teams got booted from the server, while everything else stayed normal (client, friends games, etc.) and the game ended?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent13 View Post
OP is Australian.



Australian's playing on the AMERICAN server will lag and dc. This is not new or unknown.
No actually, it's not known and it IS new. I've been an internet gamer for 16 years, never had any connection issues to america. Neither has anyone else at any time frame, unless Comcast was being a baddie.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
You just stepped into my area of specialty. FYI, you should not have said that. Riot can't talk to you now.

Any legal department worth its salary will make sure they've made it clear to anyone interacting with the public that you do not ever, under any circumstances continue to speak with someone who is discussing the prospect of legal action. That's not just game companies, that's true of banks, telecoms, you name it. Once someone says "I'm suing", the only people who are allowed to talk to you are lawyers.

As a general rule, either sue or don't, don't threaten.

Anyway, read the EULA, you don't have a case. There's a reason software companies are rarely sued successfully.

It's their fault, but not necessarily their responsibility legally.
I know, that's fine. I have never intended to work for Riot because they are lying, non-transparent scumbags. Pendragon stealing most of the champion ideas from the dota 1 community is just stupid.

He can still post in regards to the other members without addressing me personally.
I'm just making sure Riot understand i'm not being soft-handed here.
Every time an issue occurs, Riot tries to blame someone else. That's fraud and worse, it's litany or slander depending.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doddsey

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDawnBladeXx View Post
Care to shed some light on what happened for my game (posted on top of page 30), where both teams got booted from the server, while everything else stayed normal (client, friends games, etc.) and the game ended?
same kind of issue, but we kept re-connecting
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2957634


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Should point out, if i see another Riot staff member claim it's not their end, i'm filing fraud charges.

The evidence is there, plain to see and it PROVES it's not a connectivity issue.

Some internet providers in america may be having issues at the moment, however not all clients connecting to Riots' services will be using those providers. This group of players are the ones still experiencing issues and like a number of others say;

They can play any other game or visit any other website Just. Fine.

Seriously, quit BS'ing us Riot.
HAHAHAHAA wow this thread needs to be stickied along with other classic GD troll posts such as:

xj9 first claiming to be a girl
ehpick finding out xj9 is a dude


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meiu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Should point out, if i see another Riot staff member claim it's not their end, i'm filing fraud charges.

The evidence is there, plain to see and it PROVES it's not a connectivity issue.

Some internet providers in america may be having issues at the moment, however not all clients connecting to Riots' services will be using those providers. This group of players are the ones still experiencing issues and like a number of others say;

They can play any other game or visit any other website Just. Fine.

Seriously, quit BS'ing us Riot.
filling fraud charges? LOL, hey everyone we got a bad ass over here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meiu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
I know, that's fine. I have never intended to work for Riot because they are lying, non-transparent scumbags. Pendragon stealing most of the champion ideas from the dota 1 community is just stupid.

He can still post in regards to the other members without addressing me personally.
I'm just making sure Riot understand i'm not being soft-handed here.
Every time an issue occurs, Riot tries to blame someone else. That's fraud and worse, it's litany or slander depending.
You do have to actually PROVE those allegations and not just say what you feel right? Can you straight up right now empirically prove that it is there end? If you can't then you are just as worthless.

Awaiting your empirical proof.