So, Riot is at fault for this "ISP lag". Proven. Fact.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterRanger View Post
Why is there so much drama in this thread? We have 30 pages of useless drama about the OPs credentials. Thank you OP, you have made GD a worse place by claiming expertise you cannot reinforce and meeting skepticism with hostility. Next time please leave your credentials and biggotry out of your thread, and simply state the facts.
Oh i can and have proven my expertise, there's no doubt about that. Only trolls dumb enough to challenge it, not knowing what winMTR data actually means.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinnickHG

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Oh i can and have proven my expertise, there's no doubt about that. Only trolls dumb enough to challenge it, not knowing what winMTR data actually means.
I still don't get your point. LoL servers can't be analyzed by WinMTR. So what you did was basically ping Australian servers. You noticed your connection wasn't a problem, so you assume LoL servers are at fault? That isn't exactly hard to do, and it hardly proves your credentials.

BTW, why did you decide to ping Australian servers?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Multra

Network Operations Sentinel

12-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phoènix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you if this is continually happening to you it is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChineseOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Riot pls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KS Otto

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.
Not sure if he only put that there cause he has trundle pic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.
Huh? I'm living on the East Coast, and only recently (2 Weeks now) have I had these random spikes of server connectivity issues. I know for a fact it's not strictly on the ISP. It's only affecting League of Legends, and it's gotten really bad recently, where I've DC'd from a game and when I tried to reconnect, the client had no recognition of my game and let me queue for a new game instead, not even letting it show up on my match history.

I also know it's not affecting everyone, it might be specific ISPs your server is hating on, but it's a major issue and hope it's getting the attention it deserves because it is affecting a lot of people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Oh i can and have proven my expertise, there's no doubt about that. Only trolls dumb enough to challenge it, not knowing what winMTR data actually means.
You say winMTR in like every post. I suppose that makes you an expert


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phoènix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.
The winMTR's prove the connectivity to your servers is fine.
I think you need to stop shrugging off this issue and look at your CPU performance, i wouldn't be surprised if you're getting thread-specific microhangs.

This is actually very likely if you've programmed the server software to handle each client connection as it's own data thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aheadatime

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phoènix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.

To be fair, I've noticed a pretty severe increase in lag spikes during games (character doesn't move on command, only to sprint through the commands a few seconds later) for the past week or so. Seems to be right around the same window of time that everybody else has noted. I live in the states, so it's not a distance issue. I have a great internet connection and play other games/browse online, with LoL being the only victim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra View Post
Ok everyone, enough trolling.

Pure Phoènix:
While I would like for the game to be flawless for everyone no matter where they played, that is just not possible due to networking restrictions. You are playing on the NA server from Australia, unfortunately you will lag and disconnect more than someone who is playing from the North America area. Multiple extra hops and thousands of miles of pipe will do this. I hope we get a solution out there for you guys because I know there are a lot of you, but I don't know of our current plans for new shards. I am sorry I am not able to solve your problem, but I can tell you this is not a server issue, it is a distance issue.
Except the connectivity is fine.

Are you playing dumb or do you legit not know what you're doing?