Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


So, Riot is at fault for this "ISP lag". Proven. Fact.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanidin

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
You and more people just clearly unable to understand the data at hand.

Those aren't pings. Those are trace routes. They track the peformance of every router along the way to the game server AND the game server itself.

They record choke via the highest maximum ping, the loss via # of packets received vs # of packets sent, the min/max and average pings which indicate how OFTEN the connection spikes with choke or loss...

You are so many levels of wrong it's not funny. What i quoted in the OP is a perfect indicator of connection health.

Seriously, if you can't be bothered learning what winmtr can show you, don't bother wasting my time by posting in this thread.

As for the credentials pull, keep going.... you failhard trolls think you're being convincing when it's clear you've only looked at the front page of google results. If i've been using this handle for 16 years then obviously even the posts i made this year will be 10+ pages.

You want credentials? Find them. Quit being lazy and blaming me for your laziness. When i haven't been working for a specific company and/or it's a small bug i'll just post it on the forums.


Translation: I haven't been able to google anyone that fits the false claims I made so until then I'm just going to continue to troll and hope someone else finds a name that I can "confirm" as being mine.

Lag happens, (though I can't honestly say I've had to deal with it) if that is such a huge issue that you can't play this FREE game... then don't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-29-2012

Here's some of my initiating diagnostics/troubleshooting that got me into the industry;
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=70356
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=76081
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=74060

Maybe google don't index all the sites i've been on *shrugs* but i've been posting now and then on blizzards' forums, Rift and practically everyones'. Even VALVe's when i haven't been directly employed.

So yes, yes you REALLY are just lazy and really are just failing. One of these threads shows in the first google page of results =/


Quote:
Lag happens, (though I can't honestly say I've had to deal with it) if that is such a huge issue that you can't play this FREE game... then don't.


See this is the civilised world; There are laws REQUIRING your product to be markettable for you to sell it.

Product doesn't work = illegal to offer it. If Riot don't fix this and if it affects enough people, they can be shut down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burn the Witches

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
See this is the civilised world; There are laws REQUIRING your product to be markettable for you to sell it.

Product doesn't work = illegal to offer it. If Riot don't fix this and if it affects enough people, they can be shut down.


Where can I pick up a copy of League of Legends?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Burn the Witches:
Where can I pick up a copy of League of Legends?


Irrelevant. I typoed, should've said "offer".

The system works by using the logic "If i charged a price for this and sold it on the market, how much would i sell it for?"

If it's deemed you can't sell it, it's unmarkettable, regardless of wether physical items are actually traded or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanidin

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
Here's some of my initiating diagnostics/troubleshooting that got me into the industry;
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=70356
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=76081
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=74060

Maybe google don't index all the sites i've been on *shrugs* but i've been posting now and then on blizzards' forums, Rift and practically everyones'. Even VALVe's when i haven't been directly employed.

So yes, yes you REALLY are just lazy and really are just failing. One of these threads shows in the first google page of results =/




See this is the civilised world; There are laws REQUIRING your product to be markettable for you to sell it.

Product doesn't work = illegal to offer it. If Riot don't fix this and if it affects enough people, they can be shut down.


Checked out your links... didn't see a "pure phoenix" in this discussions though I only skimmed a few pages deep. Unless you've gone by different aliases in the past which would be understandable... perhaps you should include all the names you've done work under if you want to be taken seriously? Every game has connection issues, there's always someone who is having issues with their connection to a given server, be it wow, rift, ffxi, lol, etc. etc. etc. Unfortunately it seems you are one of the unlucky ones.

Here's a thought: with as many people that play this game as there are, if this was such a huge and server based issue shouldn't it be affecting large numbers of people? I'm just not seeing the forum outcry or trouble in game with team mates or opponents losing connection.

Perhaps you're just a special, unlucky snowflake in this case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vFresh

Senior Member

12-29-2012

i don't even know what's going on ):


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyplix

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
Irrelevant. I typoed, should've said "offer".

The system works by using the logic "If i charged a price for this and sold it on the market, how much would i sell it for?"

If it's deemed you can't sell it, it's unmarkettable, regardless of wether physical items are actually traded or not.


Actually, LoL is a service, not a product, so get dunked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyplix

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
Here's some of my initiating diagnostics/troubleshooting that got me into the industry;
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=70356
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=76081
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=74060

Maybe google don't index all the sites i've been on *shrugs* but i've been posting now and then on blizzards' forums, Rift and practically everyones'. Even VALVe's when i haven't been directly employed.

So yes, yes you REALLY are just lazy and really are just failing. One of these threads shows in the first google page of results =/




See this is the civilised world; There are laws REQUIRING your product to be markettable for you to sell it.

Product doesn't work = illegal to offer it. If Riot don't fix this and if it affects enough people, they can be shut down.



3 different users started each of those threads. OP, you are full of ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyplix

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
That's really good, thanks Goes to show it's not latency causing the issue or the ping bar would be through the roof.

@AbortRetryFail
I don't need tools, i've got more than enough experience to just pick up the cause by symptoms. Btw your claims are largely ridiculous, netmon is well known for missing data segments.

If you really were an admin like you claim, you'd already know that.

Considering your further lack of expertise to counter any possible errors in my OP, it's pretty clear you're just a tryhard who's looked up 1 or 2 tools and THINKS he knows what he's doing.



This is it, more than anything. THere's a humogous reason why nobody is refuting factually.

Because i'm right.

Until somebody can actually PROVE otherwise, there's no point even identifying myself.



2nd year? You realise these are baseline diagnostics in the field right? You're not always going to have pcap, netmon, winmtr or other tools on you 24/7 unless you carry them around on a USB. Some times you will have to resort to baseline windows tools.

Also, i didn't "forget" anything, TCP/IP is used by WoW and a few other slow games. It's not completely unusable and loss toleration can be implemented by directx calls now. It's usable, but still slower and uses more bandwidth.



Except i don't "appear" to be trolling at all. I've given my information and it's 100% accurate; The facts speak for themselves. If you still think i'm trolling after verifying the facts then that's your fault, not mine. There's something wrong with you. Or you're just a fanboy who's desperately trying to discredit anyone who legitimately proves that Riot screwed up.


You want counter facts? OK. I have not experienced a single problem playing LoL this whole month, and I have been playing a looooot of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enexy

Recruiter

12-29-2012

Quote:
Shyplix:
You want counter facts? OK. I have not experienced a single problem playing LoL this whole month, and I have been playing a looooot of it.


You been playing every minute of the month? That's quite admirable..