So, Riot is at fault for this "ISP lag". Proven. Fact.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brosirius

12-27-2012

Riot has ****ty servers?

YOU DON'T SAY.

AbortRetryFail

12-27-2012

I guess I can't resist getting trolled on this topic since it's more or less my bread and butter, but I'll try and stop now. In the meantime, if you're interested in knowing what actually IS causing your issue, install Netmon 3.4 and run this from a command line in the folder where you want a capture generated:

nmcap /network * /capture /file LOLTrace.cap:100M

Then play LOL. When you have whatever issue you're having, kill nmcap. Ta da! You just captured the problem in repro. Then you might have something more interesting / compelling / at least entertaining than a tracert.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Give us your real name and your credentials can be verified. Until then you have no room to call anyone (especially Riot) out on anything. Anything you say and have said means nothing until then.

CaptainAMorgan

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Give us your real name and your credentials can be verified. Until then you have no room to call anyone (especially Riot) out on anything. Anything you say and have said means nothing until then.
Do you have refuting facts?

Because otherwise it doesn't matter.

Cartz

12-27-2012

ITT: OP cuts and pastes knowledge from his second year networking course and hilarity ensues.

@OP You forgot to mention that UDP is also order delivery independent, which is critical for time sensitive communications with loss tolerance...

Also, you forgot to mention how TCP/IP is ny-completely unusable for gaming because of the lossless nature of the sliding window.

I know those were in your notes somewhere, unless your class continues after winter break.

Vanidin

12-27-2012

The only time I have connection issues is when there are too many devices streaming video/uploading/downloading random stuff in the house while I'm trying to play a match, but even then all that happens is my ping goes from mid 50's to low 200's... if their server code is faulty or whatever (I only skimmed the op and some of the replies as it all said pretty much what i expected it would) you'd think there'd be people disconnecting constantly every game. It's pretty rare though, at least in my experience for there to be lots of disconnects or lag even... except for those that have bad connections to start with.

Peach Goddess

12-27-2012

Is this the kind of lag you are talking about? I got this kind of lag during a ranked game before, which gave me a leave and loss of elo.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
Do you have refuting facts?

Because otherwise it doesn't matter.
It doesn't work that way. You don't just blindly believe something made by someone who appears to be trolling on the internet due to a lack of opposing facts. His childish nature has been proven by others in this thread who have attempted to look him up. His credentials are slowly being proven wrong.

CaptainAMorgan

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
It doesn't work that way. You don't just blindly believe someone made by someone who appears to be trolling on the internet due to a lack of opposing facts. His childish nature has been proven by others in this thread who have attempted to look him up. His credentials are slowly being proven wrong.
As I said, facing the facts vs the facts is fine, but there is no reason we should be going after this guy when he is clearly wrong.

Just disprove him with resources and he automatically gets beat.

No more heresay, needs more facts in this thread.

Qsario

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Average ping 303 from australia. Shows the 1.5k ping spikes aren't lasting long enough to constitute as lag.
Roughly one third of that 303 ping is due to the speed of light, depending on the exact path the cable takes. I think I calculated ~80ms as a bare minimum from USA<->NZ based on numbers I found online. Actual results are almost certain to be higher due to indirect routes, people being further away than NZ, etc.

TL/DR, Riot really needs some AU/NZ servers because the latency really hurts their games and most of that lag is an unavoidable consequence of the speed of light being finite.