Dear AP Tristanas, Shacos, Ezreals, and AD Eves, Kennens and TF

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-27-2012

Oh, I also enjoy running AS Ziggs. That's fun.

Kiddalee

12-28-2012

Yeah, I most hate when somebody picks a traditional tank champ and I go, "Phew, I don't have to tank for once," then halfway through the game I realize he's full AP.

But what really makes me go o.O is when halfway through the game I realize our carry built entirely tank items. Tank Shaco. It's usually when I'm doing something non-fighty so he can kill and then he doesn't. Oh, and he blames me for doing no damage, too. 'Cause it's not like he was supposed to or anything.

PerfectBlend

12-28-2012

Ad Ahri Bot is Hilarious on Dominion

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I only go AP Ez and AP Varus when I notice the rest of the top team has picked 3 AD people like Darius, Pantheon, Shyvana, etc. My other AP choice is Xerath and he's not mobile enough to survive and very susceptible to gap closers.

AP Varus is scary, not much early game (same with AD Varus..early game is atrocious) but mid/late game...if you cant dodge his skillshots you're doomed. Also, AP Ez ults win teamfights from across the map (or from the back of the team if he's nearby) and good for cleaning up backdoor/point channelers who are at half health.

Biggest problem with these two is that they need their wooglets and waiting on the NLR hurts them the most. However, with future wooglets being built from two blasting wands will help their dead time (the time where they save up gold to buy that NLR and are weaker than those who get mid-tier items).

Perhaps the next time I see the team pick 3 AD for top, I'll give AP Xin a try =P.

SuperQuackDuck

12-28-2012

It really comes down to common courtesy. When people pick ezreal or trist it's assumed that it wil be AD. It might be a faulty assumption but if the person knows that the expectation is there that they should be addressed before they get surprised. It's in the entire team's interest, even the person with the unconventional build, to tell the team that something experimental is going to happen.

I simply cannot understand this thing where people dont tell teammates when they're doing something weird. It only worsens their own chances at winning.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Manatank/AD Blitz is legit. I run it every Blitz game.

In regards to OP though, I agree. It's really annoying in blind pick. Particularly if they're just "trying them out" to see if they work so that they can do it in Farmville.
that's the problem in low elo, many good builds get discarded that way because
Dominion =/= Farmville, so they try a farmville build for Dominion which is actually good in theory for farmville then it doesn't work in Dominion ebcause you are seriously gimping yourself in one way or another, it fails miserably and then the player that's doing it blames DOminion.. Logic -_-.

Malah

12-29-2012

I'll be writing off anything on that list as useless but AP Ezreal. I will tolerate AD TF because it's about as irrelevant as AP.

Always, always, always ask which style Eve. I never play AP, and I know people who never play AD. Both are just as frequent as the other.

Evelynn Butt

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Both are just as frequent as the other.
not really, no

Malah

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelynn Butt View Post
not really, no
Yes, actually. Not everyone has jumped on the fad that is AP Eve, and a number of those have jumped back off.