Continuous Game Disconnects

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unrelenting9

12-31-2012

Hi,

Since I have started playing LoL around two or so weeks ago, I have frequently experienced disconnections from games. Now, before I go further, I will show why this is such a confusing anomaly:

1. I have Verizon Fios, with an average ping of 50ms, 24 to 30mb/s download speeds, and 4-5mb/s upload speeds, as per Speedtest.net

2. As I am currently typing, I am in a game, where it says "attempting to reconnect" at the top of the screen. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with my connection since I can load this page, along with any other website I could think of to type into my URL to test my connection.

3. I have followed ALL of the directions laid out by the generic help section to improve lag, latency, and ping. (if you would like the network analysis link, I have it, and my package loss is 0% as I am using an Ethernet cable).

4. I get 60+ fps in every game I play, yet when I pressed ctrl+f just now in the game client, it showed my ping as hovering around 400-500ms.

Can someone please explain this? I keep getting disconnected from games, and this has happened in three separate instances so far. Every time I think it won't happen again, it does. This is really getting to be too much and I am continuously getting banned for it due to my low number of games played to offset the left/played ratio. It would help to know if LoL uses a separate server to host games, since my game is still frozen with the timer at 52:00 and still counting (obviously, it has already finished, but why haven't I been replaced in the lobby?).

Zerocool3809

12-31-2012

there is a lot of people having bunch similar problems so hang in there and suggest doing bot matches until it stops if your getting banned bc well its bots who cares or do a 1v1 custom with a bot or something if u look at some posts here u can see everyone is having strange lag issues and in one post a riot member has told the right people to look into it so who knows might be day or so and we will get fix to these weird problems

Unrelenting9

12-31-2012

Oh, so it's not just a local issue? Thanks that makes me feel a little less frustrated about how to go about solving this. Hadn't thought about 1v1 matches so I'll try those. How long has this been going on for...?