Riot, I challenge you a Duel - Concept Duel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Rukhron

12-29-2012

actually synergy is highly overrated.
Take Nunu as an example. He has no synergy at all, in fact his whole kit is about raw power and theme. Let's face it that while Nunu is a very solid and funny champion there is no "flow" in his kit, there isn't even a way to itemize and be able to say yourself "I'm enjoying all my spells". He just strikes you as a good champion due to raw power and how fitting his kit is for the character.

In most of the cases synergy is necessary, but as long as your champion isn't anti-synergyc (spells making other spells less efficient or harder to use) it may be put aside and still make a fun champion.
As good as synergy can be the low(or no)-synergy approach can also be good for the sake of diversity.

TheHobbits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

NA Rukhron that is a good point.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

He does have synergy though, his core design is that of a chaser/runner. The two things needed for such a core is a speed boon and a displacement by standard build. Nunu contains both, as a chaser sustain sometimes is a problem which is where his consume fits in and makes him viable in the jungle to make up for his lack of damage. Finally his ultimate pins his role complete as he runs ahead of the enemies or baits them into a bush and ruins any hope of escape. His passive also flows into his kit because his spells are costly therefore a free one is awesome. It may not be a flowing synergy like shyvanna where one thing directly modifies another, but he does indeed have synergy.

Dzanio

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Rukhron View Post
actually synergy is highly overrated.
Take Nunu as an example. He has no synergy at all, in fact his whole kit is about raw power and theme. Let's face it that while Nunu is a very solid and funny champion there is no "flow" in his kit, there isn't even a way to itemize and be able to say yourself "I'm enjoying all my spells". He just strikes you as a good champion due to raw power and how fitting his kit is for the character.

In most of the cases synergy is necessary, but as long as your champion isn't anti-synergyc (spells making other spells less efficient or harder to use) it may be put aside and still make a fun champion.
As good as synergy can be the low(or no)-synergy approach can also be good for the sake of diversity.
So you're saying a passive which gives you free spells based upon number of auto attacks made has no synergy with an auto attack speed boost. That free spells have no synergy with an AP move which is a 3 second, 60% MS and AS slow + some of the highest damage scaling in the game, + an extremely low cd, all of which is solely balanced by mana cost? And on top of that that you can't itemize him with say (in no particular order) a malady, a lich bane, a RoA, DFG, Zhonya's, and boots 2?

None of that has synergy, nor is it viable on a champion?

TheHobbits

12-30-2012

Dzanio, true that.

Havoc202

12-30-2012

You expect Riot to come to these Forums? I mean that would be nice but even then has anyone bothered to wonder why they don't come here? Yes, Legal Issues, Yes, People wanting there champs free.... There are probably a thousand and one more excuses but the main reason is that they dont want to say one design is amazing because eventually that will flood that post. From there on it is a perspective war.... Well i think concept is crappy and others will think it is good. Feud wars is not exactly what riot would want. Though I would like to see more Red interaction here in the forums I cant see it happening. There are some shining ideas buried to far underneath all the ones people deem good. But they aren't balanced, or they are lack luster for champion design. I made a shaman based Idea. Yes it had a totem but you know what it gave me my move I could use. Riot while they might "watch" or completely ignore the forum (either one they might be doing) are taking "Insperation" though I still even doubt that. It is funny that they make this place but cant/wont use the whole kit even if it needs tweeking. But other then that Some ideas arent horrid....

As for you Contest I see either a Mid or Support. Though I think the game could use more Real Jungle options that are viable in Ranked Play....

FelixKam

12-30-2012

@Hobbit: I support you in this. At the very least I would want to see a response from RiotAmes, simply because he seems to be the most likely to respond. On the other hand having Morello find out that we're being serious about a challenge is rather appealing.

@Riot: Do it! Humor us, and maybe put up a prize, say the winning champion is actually implemented into the game and everyone gets it for free, at the very least Hobbit should when he wins. Not if, but when.

@Rukhron: I understand where you're coming from, and I think I would concur with you on the "anti-synergyc" part. However it's not a matter of synergy most of the time, it's a matter of theme, and how well that theme is shown and works out.

@Havoc: I do expect Riot to come to these forums. They have before, and hopefully they will again. In particular RiotAmes is a bit of a lurker here. What you said is actually the reason why they don't post constantly here, RiotAmes appears to be the exception however. Some of the champions here are actually really good, back when Mr. "Caustic Judge" (Some of you might be able to guess who) was still around the numbers were still more balanced. Meh, I reminisce, but the point is some of the reds do come here, if very rarely.

TheHobbits

12-31-2012

Thank you for the 'Support' FelixKam.
hehe.

Nacoran

12-31-2012

maybe support isn't the best idea because riot is good at taking charictars with one support move or none and abling them support. take teemo for example. how is he a support and he is a big favorite and also needeli ( the girl that is a spear thrower) she is hardly a support and she is also a favorite why dont you try to make a tank. this would work for both sides because riot stereotypes tanks too much and there needs to be a new tank on league. i made a tank idea called Artilous the noxian destroyer and it is pretty new

Zarkof

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacoran View Post
maybe support isn't the best idea because riot is good at taking charictars with one support move or none and abling them support. take teemo for example. how is he a support and he is a big favorite and also needeli ( the girl that is a spear thrower) she is hardly a support and she is also a favorite why dont you try to make a tank. this would work for both sides because riot stereotypes tanks too much and there needs to be a new tank on league. i made a tank idea called Artilous the noxian destroyer and it is pretty new
How do you deal with this kind of post?