Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Riot, I challenge you a Duel - Concept Duel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHobbits

Senior Member

12-26-2012

I, Hobbits, challenge anyone from Riot to a conceptual design duel. What is this you ask? This is where myself and a Riot member come up with a champion that is unique and, game-play wise, interesting.

Quote:
The rules are as follows:
- The community will vote on their desired champion.
- The champion class must be agreed by both contestants.
- Their abilities must reflect their play-style.

Dzanio suggests these guide-lines.
I would make sure than the rules for any competition include:
1 - No more than 1 cc ability (hard or soft).
2 - No jumps/flashes/dashes.
3 - No more than 1 ms boost.
4 - No self centered AoEs.


Riot, if you do not accept or even acknowledge this challenge, you will be branded a coward and be addressed as such.
What say you Riot...?

(I humbly request the support of my fellow community to get Riot to accept the challenge and thus settling this feud.)

Quote:
Until Riots reply, what class do you think the champ should be?
So far, we are thinking Support. Riot seems to enjoy this class.
What other style would you like to see?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

Senior Member

12-26-2012

I somewhat doubt they will respond to this. Just in case they do, what is your goal in throwing down this ultimatum?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHobbits

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
I somewhat doubt they will respond to this. Just in case they do, what is your goal in throwing down this ultimatum?

Yes, I will be shocked if they actually responded at all. As for my goal, simply a chance to prove that the community can be listened to, and a good chance to prove their worth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Hm... gl w/ that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHobbits

Senior Member

12-26-2012

haha, thanks. What do you think the champion should be? What class that is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Riot hates supports and has never done anything but nerf them. You should challenge them to a support battle; they'll lose.

Don't do jungler/top lane, that won't be healthy. Such champs on the forums are even more OP than the ones riot introduces and they shouldn't contaminate the game makers further.

Mid's fairly safe for a competition, as is adc (again forum adcs are usually rediculous, but less so than the junglers/top lanes).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

Senior Member

12-26-2012

I would make sure than the rules for any competition include:

No more than 1 cc ability (hard or soft).
No jumps/flashes/dashes.
No more than 1 ms boost.
No self centered AoEs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHobbits

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
Riot hates supports and has never done anything but nerf them. You should challenge them to a support battle; they'll lose.

Don't do jungler/top lane, that won't be healthy. Such champs on the forums are even more OP than the ones riot introduces and they shouldn't contaminate the game makers further.

Mid's fairly safe for a competition, as is adc (again forum adcs are usually rediculous, but less so than the junglers/top lanes).

I think a support is exactly what this needs. And your set of rules seems pretty good as a base line.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroicLegend

Senior Member

12-27-2012

I wish you the best of luck good sir! If Riot does take a look at this and accept your challenge I'd love to see who wins. I just hope the votes are fair XD Not just that but I think they keep the guy who does support champs locked up in a closet. If they do though, you might have a run for your money. Still best of luck! I look forward to seeing all aspects of this champ, from Name right down to Quotes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHobbits

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
HeroicLegend:
I wish you the best of luck good sir! If Riot does take a look at this and accept your challenge I'd love to see who wins. I just hope the votes are fair XD Not just that but I think they keep the guy who does support champs locked up in a closet. If they do though, you might have a run for your money. Still best of luck! I look forward to seeing all aspects of this champ, from Name right down to Quotes.

Thanks, heres hoping Riot steps up to the plate.