Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I main Elise and have trouble against Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dodo Torpedo

12-26-2012

I know Riven is inherently a difficult lane opponent for Elise but I want to be able to do what I do to most top laners and shut her down early. Her damage is just incredible and if its a good Riven she can stun me before I can rappel or even stun her.

For you Elise players how do you deal with her?

lastchancexi

12-26-2012

Are you starting cloth + 5 (or flask + 5)? That always helps. Top lane is always going to be about who gets better CS and who backs first. And since you don't need boots, don't start with them.

Dodo Torpedo

12-26-2012

Quote:
lastchancexi:
Are you starting cloth + 5 (or flask + 5)? That always helps. Top lane is always going to be about who gets better CS and who backs first. And since you don't need boots, don't start with them.

I normally start flask, pots and a ward. I can sustain pretty well against her but I just don't want to rely on the jungler to gank for a secured kill that I normally get against other top laners.

Backtrace

12-27-2012

As Riven is melee, you can get free autos any time she goes in for a creep, if she uses her q cool down be wary and keep distance, your positioning will be vital as if you're even one step off place she can get a decent amount of burst even at level 1/2. cloth 5, or flask 5 + 1 ward are your best options here. Try using magic penetration glyphs against Riven because she has no magic damage you can sub MR for magic pen here. This will increase your damage significantly early game among those with little magic resist.

Use your Q + 1 AA to poke her any time she tries to get a creep. Be aggressive early game and establish dominance. She will build double null mantle if she is good, but your response to this should be building magic pen(sorc,haunting guise) resist (chain mail), and plenty of autos. If you let her outfarm you, you're not going to have a good time, m'kay.

maszeq

01-14-2013

i find riven an easy opponent for elise, you just have to outwait her shields and as soon as it dissappear throw your Q+autoattack at her. if she tries to approach you with her jumps just cast E in human form from maximum close range, so you have guaranteed stun on her. after few human Q's take initiative and zone her out of minions and remember, Q is most effective with an autoattack, it really make difference. of course build tanky with mpen.