Remove elo loss from surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

01-13-2013

Hm, I think Castnine has some serious reading comprehension problems.

I'm going to assume English isnt your first language? And break it down for you? Even though english isnt my first language either? I seem to be fluent in it?

You remove elo loss from a surrender where your four buddies voted to surrender and you were the single negative vote.

Since I'm not talking about anything else, by default, everything else would, in my suggestion, stay the same.

I hope I've cleared that up for you?

Castnine

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Hm, I think Castnine has some serious reading comprehension problems.

I'm going to assume English isnt your first language? And break it down for you? Even though english isnt my first language either? I seem to be fluent in it?

You remove elo loss from a surrender where your four buddies voted to surrender and you were the single negative vote.

Since I'm not talking about anything else, by default, everything else would, in my suggestion, stay the same.

I hope I've cleared that up for you?

Well you obviously don't know wtf you're talking about. Ill spell it out for you again....

This idea will NOT work even if you remove elo loss from the guy who doesn't vote yes. Thought I covered this with saying it would just get abused. But I can see the fact I did not directly reference this idea, made you somehow think what I said didn't apply. But my previous post holds true so I will give you an example so you can fully comprehend why you're wrong.

**step one** Que with a buddy on a smurf
**step two** Let ur smurf buddy vote yes while you vote no

Hope I cleared this up for you...

BigTallUgly

01-14-2013

What happens now?

You mystically influence the votes of the other team members as well?

Do go on, your incredible fetish for cheating/abusing systems in games is quite interesting, I do have to admit, I don't go around thinking of weird things to do with new implementations to the game.

BigTallUgly

01-15-2013

Bump.

Zelduus

01-15-2013

You're either 16 or below that in age, if i say so by judging your posts myself.. This idea is literally retarded, and will not work at all. Because people will abuse it.. and people like yourself, if it ever was implemented would all say "wtf i dont deserve the elo loss im voting no" and then everyone would vote no cause they think they did the best and im not saying thats how it would be at first but after everyone figures out that being "the only person that votes no" will get them no elo loss.. everyone will abuse it and think that they deserve to not lose elo

won't work /thread

wanchaiferrai

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfric View Post
You're either 16 or below that in age, if i say so by judging your posts myself.. This idea is literally retarded, and will not work at all. Because people will abuse it.. and people like yourself, if it ever was implemented would all say "wtf i dont deserve the elo loss im voting no" and then everyone would vote no cause they think they did the best and im not saying thats how it would be at first but after everyone figures out that being "the only person that votes no" will get them no elo loss.. everyone will abuse it and think that they deserve to not lose elo

won't work /thread
Well I can see that everyone here isn't completely retarded

Irsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Either surrender functions as it does now or it gets removed.

You cannot allow for one person to access a loophole and avoid elo. Sometimes you get unlucky and get in a game with a couple of people who do badly and lose you the game. If it's just skill then that's no problem. Keep playing, if you're as good as you imply you are then you'll get into higher skill games soon enough.

You seem pretty quick to assess people's ages and shout down at responses to your post.
Your argument sounds like "I don't think it's my fault we lost, I don't want to deal with the repercussions of you stopping me from winning, team."
Do you also think that the worst player on a team should also not get any elo for the win?

The only real arguments here worth entertaining are:
Should surrender exist in ranked games?'
Should games with a disconnect have some function to try and minimize the damage to ranking?
Will people accept they're probably not as good as they think they are and work on their own mechanical skills?
Will people read these and make judgments about me, my age, my skill, etc...
The validity of me has nothing to do with these points. Other then dismissing your argument as invalid because you're transparent and go earn your damn ranking properly. And asserting that my questions are worth some examination there is nothing of me in these statements.

An 'adult' (cough) would read my points and weigh them. Not my age, sexuality, hair colour or fantastically large apparatus.

You can't hotfix something without a clear idea of what the end goal is. Which here is to have player ranking come from games without silly hiccups, i.e. things which are outside a players control. Your team feeding is only outside your control in extreme cases, or if you're in the wrong skill bracket, in which case you'll move up after you play enough games. Check out probabilities, they're not magical, if your skill is high, you will go high.

The argument 'because my team are unskilled my ranking has decreased' doesn't respect how probability works.

BigTallUgly, are you doing enough? Don't answer me, who am I that you have to answer to? Ask yourself 'cause that's how you get better.

Your elo will go up when your skill does and when you can apply it consistently.

BigTallUgly

01-19-2013

Are you seriously asking me if the worst player in the team should get Elo for the win?

If the ****** who drooled and fed all game deserves an Elo increase?

I'm not going to lie, I pretty much stopped reading right there. I'm not sure what kind of value system you go on and who implemented it for you, but it's radically different from the one I operate under. So I'm pretty sure at this point talking with you would be unproductive.

BigTallUgly

01-29-2013

Bump

BigTallUgly

01-30-2013

Bump.