Remove elo loss from surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

montyElGato

01-03-2013

I agree that it sucks when you have a bad team and they cause you to lose/ lose Elo. It happens to me all the time.

However, I also hate people who "never surrender". If I'm in a game and doing well (or not), and the rest of my team is feeding and doing poorly, etc., when 20 minutes comes I want to surrender in most cases. It's not going to be a win, either way, so I'd rather end the game and get back in the queue and hope for a better team. Maybe next time they'll realize that you DO need tanks to win

It's VERY frustrating when a game is clearly lost and yet there are some people who won't surrender, no matter what. It's funny that you refer to people who DO surrender lost games as "kiddos" -- because that's what I call people who refuse to admit a loss and move on to the next game:

"Go go Power Rangers! NEVER GIVE UP! We can do it... if we BELIEVE IN OURSELVES!"

BigTallUgly

01-11-2013

Bumpy bump

Swooshter

01-11-2013

In hindsight, I should have added a bit more depth to my original thread. Yes, it sucks to lose elo at 20 mins, because of players that are too willing to give up. I understand that there are times to surrender. I also understand that there are times where I am trying to carry a team, but they are completely unwilling to try.

While I cant say that I am still in the "never surrender" group, I do still feel there are issues with surrendering too early and you are only at a slight disadvantage. Some champs are much better end game than early game, while others are great early, but fall off heavily at end game. Had one the other day, with a Le Blanc on the enemy team that got fed. I kept trying to keep my team in it, because most people know, that LB is not nearly as good late game team fights. In the end, the team stuck with the game, and we did end up winning, despite having less kills. Truth is, it comes down to experience in knowing the actual chances of coming back in a game. Plus, you never know when that fed champ might go afk/dc (have seen it happen on both sides, and it turns the game around).

Apollinarius

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Original post dating July 13th of this year. Bugged out due to some forum glitch I assume, and thread became closed.

This is just a thread to draw attention to this issue - in a game where solo queue is the single outstanding game format, allowing four clueless people to throw my elo away game after game is, in my opinion, not the way to go.
On the other hand, forcing four people to play for another 20 minutes just because you're stubborn and can't recognize a loss when you see one isn't fair either. That's why a surrender only happens when 4 or more people vote for it.

BigTallUgly

01-11-2013

Oh I'm not forcing them to play at all my good man, they are the ones who hit the queue button. I wouldn't dream of forcing anyone to play LoL.

sepetaiya

01-11-2013

surrender as it is is perfect.

although, how can a 3-2 vote fail when this game was developed in a democratic nation? is 3-2 not majority?

surrender is fine how it is. asking to remove elo loss from surrendering is rediculous. if you are going to lose but your stubborness refuses to surrender therefore wasting everyones time because you have no respect for players or a team who are better than you, you should be reported.

Castnine

01-12-2013

I'm shocked no1 mentioned the fact if you could surrender for no elo loss, that people would just take advantage of it. No1 would ever lose elo........ever

BigTallUgly

01-12-2013

Okay, one person's argument is, literally, "Hurga burga you're wrong surrender is fine."

The second person's argument is "I'm so shocked! Nobody would ever lose elo!"

Is this the way you kids usually argue? Just throw things out there? See what sticks? xD

Castnine

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Okay, one person's argument is, literally, "Hurga burga you're wrong surrender is fine."

The second person's argument is "I'm so shocked! Nobody would ever lose elo!"

Is this the way you kids usually argue? Just throw things out there? See what sticks? xD
Can you read? My point was people would just take advantage of such a bad idea.

Yes we "kids'" argue by making valid points to counteract your not so valid statements. By not by making irrelevant comments like "Is this the way you kids usually argue? Just throw things out there? See what sticks? xD" <------ THIS makes you look childish

Sure ill throw this at you in another way you can understand. If you take the elo loss out, or even reduce the loss of elo when other people surrender. Games will just go like this....
--about to lose? "surrender" gg no elo loss / less elo loss

ADCTOPSUPPORT

01-13-2013

Honestly i would just take advantage of it in solo que and rank team ques. The system would be abused greatly.