Remove elo loss from surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swooshter

Why should I lose elo simply because the rest of my team decides to quit and surrender? There should be some sort of check, that if the 4 team mates surrender, but I click no, I should not lose elo. That, or just remove the ability to surrender from ranked play.
Original post dating July 13th of this year. Bugged out due to some forum glitch I assume, and thread became closed.

This is just a thread to draw attention to this issue - in a game where solo queue is the single outstanding game format, allowing four clueless people to throw my elo away game after game is, in my opinion, not the way to go.

EquiIibrium

12-26-2012

Removing the ability to surrender is a huge waste of time, and being it a team game if your whole team wants to quit then you're probably not going to win already.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Stop posting this. Your idea is bad. It takes 4/5 people to pass a surrender vote. If everyone but you thinks it's over, it's probably over.

BigTallUgly

12-29-2012

You see, it's a matter of assessing who it is that's surrendering. It is players who are on a downward trend in elo, who have highly negative KDA ratios, who do not farm, and are really not interested in learning how to play the game before jumping into ranked solo queue.
When you have someone like myself on the team, pleased with the way a game is going, doing well in cs and picking up kills because I can actually play, it's simply unacceptable that these kiddies want to surrender because they ruined the game.

And, at the very least, Riot could preserve the Elo of the person that actually queue'd to try his best to win.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Maybe had you tried a little harder your team wouldnt be surrendering.

BigTallUgly

01-01-2013

I'm not sure I'm qualified to talk about that, because I really don't understand what goes on in the minds of these people. They feed, they have a bad game, and then they just stop trying and want to take defeat immediately with even putting up a fight.

I have no idea what I or their parents or whoever should be doing to end this. But I guess that's a different discussion.

BigTallUgly

01-01-2013

Bump

Baxter the Teddy

01-01-2013

This thread has been locked 2 times now? I smell a third locking inc.

BoyKitty

01-02-2013

No. This unbalances elo and encourages someone to go "hey guys start a surrender" and then pick no, knowing it will go through, then he gets away with the same elo while the rest of his team takes penalties. The long and the short of it is, all players must be punished for each loss.

BigTallUgly

01-03-2013

A loss is fine, but the long and short of it really is that you shouldn't be punished for having the bad luck to have been thrown into queue with four clueless kiddos who really should have been playing bots. At the very least, they should give you the chance to play out the game to the full, instead of dropping you in elo and cutting short your game because they dont know what they're doing.