Dominion was a lot more fun at low Elo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
i'm not sure this would be any different if you were playing ranked SR.
DIana, Olaf BLitz, Ezreal, Fille rThat's basically current sr team comp if you play blind pick and even ranked, how do i know? rl frriends don't like Dominion and i have to wake up reeaaally early if i want to play Dominion otherwise i end up playing sr till 3 i the morning >_< making excuses to them feels bad so i don't do it.

naotasan

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
1) On what basis are the people who pick OP champions bad?
2) On what basis do you think the people who pick OP champs are unable to play balanced/underpowered champs on similar levels to players who don't?

1: If all you play is Kassadin for 95% of your games, you only know Kassadin which means
2. that if you were to play any other champion you would not fully understand their kit. Thus, not as good as you could be if you played more than 1-3 champions.

OP champs are OP because of the lack of skill and/or brain required to play them. Hense "faceroll on keyboard"

Additionally, the generalization I'm talking about doesn't just effect OP champions.
I play many different champions. Not because I want to be good with said champion, but because I want to understand how they work so when I face them in battle I can act accordingly with my main champion selection.

Cybrid 0x0T2MD2W

12-27-2012

I play renekton, volibear, zed lately, leona, jax if I think teemo must die, warwick rarely now, cho'gath, sometimes leblanc, sometimes kha'zix, rarely kassadin, rarely kayle, rarely malz, hardly yi, sometimes nasus, rarely shyvanna(wish I could do more with her), shen, sometimes swain, rarely udyr, rarely urgot, rarely trundle, sometiems viktor but not lately, sometimes pantheon because teemo must die, and sometimes tryndamere

I despise most over-used champions and prefer what I like but have some better options, that I still like. I prefer dominion for fun but I do need options to get rid of over-used bull****. I've lost so many games I'd rather have a game where I'd raise my drink to toast to the fight with others , that I'd like to fight them again.

forgot to add olaf, sometimes

Sauron

12-27-2012

Quote:
Doesn't even matter if it's Sauron or *insert X high elo Dom player, if they get outpicked, they are going to lose.
Not necessarily. I've won plenty of games against OPs, a majority of them actually. It's not fun and it's frustrating as hell, but the OP spammers are usually terrible players that don't know what to do if you change strategy on them. Unless played intelligently, the OP champions have counterpicks among the balanced champions. Unfortunately it is blind pick.

Quote:
And I know that there are a lot of high elo players who rarely play the 'big 5-10 champions' that get banned in competitive play and still do well. You don't have to if you don't want to, but if they played those overpowered champions they could be even higher elo than they already are. Sauron would probably be 3500 elo, but he probably doesn't feel the need to do that.
The queue times are long enough as it is! And many of my matches are solo queue against premades, so even if I win 50% of my games my Elo still goes up.

Brb picking Tryndamere.

NamKim

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Not necessarily. I've won plenty of games against OPs, a majority of them actually. It's not fun and it's frustrating as hell, but the OP spammers are usually terrible players that don't know what to do if you change strategy on them. Unless played intelligently, the OP champions have counterpicks among the balanced champions. Unfortunately it is blind pick.

The queue times are long enough as it is! And many of my matches are solo queue against premades, so even if I win 50% of my games my Elo still goes up.

Brb picking Tryndamere.
Sauron, I was in the DominateDominion chat and we have decided that you should main Brand. It fits into the whole burning eyeball in the sky thing you have going for you.

Pyroxite

12-27-2012

I play Heimer until my eyes bleed in Dominion. He's so fun, and no one ever builds MR because of me no matter how many kills I get.

Samcro AUS

12-27-2012

just tank your elo back to low lvls? there is no shown elo or ranked so what does it matter if your + 300 wins or - 300 wins. if you prefer to play low elo just tank a few games. thats what id do. and thats what i will do when my Q times are to high.

naotasan

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcro AUS View Post
just tank your elo back to low lvls? there is no shown elo or ranked so what does it matter if your + 300 wins or - 300 wins. if you prefer to play low elo just tank a few games. thats what id do. and thats what i will do when my Q times are to high.

Heads up everyone. We have a griefer here. Assisting the enemy team to victory.

If you see this player, beware.

Samcro AUS

12-27-2012

lol i havnt done that im not high enough elo or Q times. and i wouldnt do it solo u just get a group. relax lol if you just afk you would get reported.

NamKim

12-27-2012

The irony will be that he's trying to lose, but he somehow carries his team to victory all the time then reaches high elo where your queue times are 20+ minutes.