End Game Statistic: Damage Shielded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnowSeven

12-24-2012

For many support champions, one way to look at performance in a game (besides the assist stat) is the damage healed stat on the end game statistics. However for champions that rely on shielding their teammates (ie. Janna's Eye of Storm), there is no damage shielded equivalent.

I propose that a new end-game statistic "Damage Shielded" to be added to the end game screen that would tally the amount of damage your shields have absorbed for your teammates.

Thanks for reading my suggestion.

Snow Seven

lactosefree1

Recruiter

12-24-2012

I like the idea of that, however it would need to be on the basis of if the shield took damage or not. And how would a shield like Morgana's be calculated as thus?

SnowSeven

12-25-2012

Basically the idea would be to calculate how much damage the shield prevents, which would be how much shield is used up. This idea could be extended to all shield abilities as listed here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Absorption_shield

Kalafai

12-26-2012

Oh, that would be nice... give riven and morde and some other some impressive numbers right next to those soraka and nidalee total healing.

systoll

12-26-2012

I'd love to see an all-out 'damage mitigated' total. That is: heals + shields + health buff residue (ie: the effect Lulu's ult has on your health once its over, plus the damage it shields while active) + dodging and invulnerability. I don't think there's much point keeping the separate 'healed' stat -- the difference isn't significant enough to merit distinction within the overview.

It makes me a little sad every time I see my Lulu doing zero healing. Though S3 has made that less common (Mikael's Crucible most games, and Heal Spell sometimes), I'd love to know how much damage I'm actually mitigating.

I'd also like to see endgame stats which attribute the effects of various ally buffs to the buff giver, rather than the wearer. This would make the impact of many champions (most notably Sona), more clear. I suspect this would be incredibly annoying to track, as it runs counter to the way the buffs are implemented.