WTH The Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nortado Loco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Why is the map the way it is? Anyone playing on purple side is at a disadvantage unless they are able to play unlocked camera. I find this very nerveracking. I'm in lane and can't see anything below me. I can only see above me and behind me because of the camera angle.

Axle the Beast

12-26-2012

The only issue is the UI, and it's not that bad unless you're a carry or mage, at which point you unlock the camera. I agree that it does need a little fixing because it is an unnecessary inconvenience, but it really is nothing more than an inconvenience. It is the way it is because that's how they designed it, without foreseeing the problems. Not sure why you'd phrase the question that way.

ragnaraq

12-26-2012

I dislike being purple team mid, but I can still succeed at doing it, however annoying. I usually only unlock the camera to land a skillshot (such as a nid spear) from a hiding spot.

Axle the Beast

12-26-2012

I just play unlocked if I'm mid. There's no reason to lock it. If I'm top or bot, I generally don't need to and I still play locked.

Technically playing unlocked gives you more awareness in general, whether you can see up to your range or not. But either way this is an annoyance and Riot should fix it.

ragnaraq

12-26-2012

I just dislike being unlocked. I find it hard to maneuver because I've always played locked.

trackmaster

12-26-2012

Learning to play with unlocked camera, learning to use smartcast, these are things you need to do.

adc

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnaraq View Post
I just dislike being unlocked. I find it hard to maneuver because I've always played locked.
"Doing X puts me at a disadvantage. I dislike doing Y to fix that because I find it more difficult to do Y than to live with the disadvantage X puts me at."

Magical thingy

12-26-2012

They should make a way to switch the camrea around on your screen, so purple is on the bottom.

ChiSqrd

12-26-2012

I hate these threads. Just unlock your camera and get used to it.

Nortado Loco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical thingy View Post
They should make a way to switch the camrea around on your screen, so purple is on the bottom.
I would love it if they did that. Blue side seems so much easier. Not all of us have the time to practice unlocked around work/college/school. I myself am a full time student and work a full time job. I only get to play on my days off.