Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1davidj

01-03-2013

bump

Kuatsu742

01-03-2013

One thing one of my friends talks about a lot is a search function for the item shop, and I think it would be pretty helpful myself. Also, I play support, and I usually buy aura items to help my teammates, but I can never remember where I found them, I think itd be nice to have that as a category in the shop

Splinterheart

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuatsu742 View Post
One thing one of my friends talks about a lot is a search function for the item shop, and I think it would be pretty helpful myself. Also, I play support, and I usually buy aura items to help my teammates, but I can never remember where I found them, I think itd be nice to have that as a category in the shop
They added a search function at the top left of the shop in Season 3. There should be something there.

Head Crack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

1. I still see champs looking like the have just TP'd or are recalling when they come out of fog of war. This make is seem like the blown a summoner when they haven't.

2. Please make the Ctrl-F Default in the game. This could be fix by just removing the graphic and replace it with a numbered representation. Also as it stand now. When ever you hit Ctrl+f the ping number is on top of the graphic and is hard to read.

3. Make /w from friends a brighter (louder) color. I vote for teal.

4. Add sounds to chat. (I.E. Make a Whisper, All chat and Team chat have a different sound. ) This can be an option to turn on/off. This would help greatly. For those time someone wrote MIA and I didn't notice it until I was dead. hue hue hue

UODK

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yeah, I guess maybe on par with those skins, but yeah, "better". Again, no idea on price point.

Simplest example in my brain, Leona, but different armor =P

Doubt your still reading this thread that this far into it but....

I like the idea.. but only if its quick/easy and "large scale."

In other words.. you take an original skin for a champ... and apply 4 different color schemas to it and throw them up for say... 250RP each.

So lets say.. Vi.. you take her default model.. recolor her armor/weapon/clothes to... black, blue, green, white and then put all of them up as skins all at once.

Where this would come in handy is "new champs." They come with 1 skin and then it's AGES before their next skin comes out. With this you could release them with the Original mode, Alternate Skin and then 4-6 recolors of the original model.

This provides a cheap way for people to get a more personalized version of a champs original model based on their color preference. They are cheap because they are just recolors and when cool new skins with new partical effects come out.. people will still buy them because they are "cool."

Dactylogram

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Great post btw. I've taken a number of the issues and added them to my team's backlog.
Thank god we have a rioter who actually understands that these issues need to be addressed.

Kuatsu742

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterheart View Post
They added a search function at the top left of the shop in Season 3. There should be something there.
Thanks, ill check that next time im on!

Nysta

01-06-2013

First of all, I like this thread, second of all, I have an idea on how to implement King of the Hill!

Vsin

01-06-2013

To me, the only things I care about in a skin are whether or not it's visually distinctive from any other skin available on the champion, and whether or not I like that particular distinction.

For example, I genuinely like my 75% off Crimson Akali because the palette change from green to red is visually distinctive, and I prefer red over green as a whole. I don't like Reaper Hecarim because while it's a pretty cool skin, it doesn't feel visually distinctive from the regular skin.

Incidentally, that's the same complaint I have with Dragon Trainer Lulu. I recognize all the work and effort required to build that skin is one step below legendary...but in terms of visual distinction it feels scarcely different from...well...Classic Lulu. You can barely notice Pix half the time anyways, the colour palette is a muddy brown-purple and the particles, while different, are still just "shiny purple". By contrast, Me'Kha'Zix changes the body colour from Purple-Grey to Silver-Yellow, the particle effects go from "void scatter" to "mechanical explosion", and all around it looks incredibly visually distinct.

Visual distinction is one big issue I'm seeing with many skins these days. You can do all the mesh edits in the world, but if you have trouble telling the difference between that and another skin while in the middle of a skirmish, the skin is an abject failure. As it has been said before (especially during pre-Vi) we aren't playing in a Model Viewer. In that regard, I'd be much happier with a plain palette swap than some of the subtle mesh changes out there.

Taco the Dragon

01-06-2013

Bump. Riot, do this.