Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wags

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Huh, is this really a thing people are interested in? Does this seem too plain to be a skin for her? It's fairly similar to her base crossed with the Iron Solari skin. Do you see that as a problem or does that sort of costume swap fit into what I've been describing? I'd be interested to see if anyone else expected what you expected as well.
too similar to iron solari for me.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRayanami View Post
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to compile such a comprehensive list on behalf of the community. Your effort is much appreciated and will be helpful towards making League of Legends a better game for all of us. I will look into some of the gameplay + interface features.

I fixed an issue with invisible skillshots coming out of bushes / fog of war in Patch 1.72.

It's still possible for skillshots to be invisible for high latency connections. If you're playing at <100 ms I would expect it to be rare.
It's still possible for skillshots to be invisible if you fire it a very short distance out of a bush. This could happen at the double bush setup on the left side of Proving Grounds.

Can you provide more details on when you see the invisible spear such as map, location, Nidalee skin, latency?

I realize you can't actually see invisible spears, but you know what I mean.

Still some bugs regarding vision and skills. Prime offender is Singed. His poison trail disappears if he goes into a bush.

Wags

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's another thing that interests me, the x2 or x10 scenario for skins. Is taking a champion's base theme and bumping it up a level or two cool? Artistically, it's pretty easy to do, but I can see how players might be like.. "Uh, that's just a fancy base, I feel cheated" or "Shouldn't this just be the new base?" I'm wondering if that'd be the case.

Yes, personally I'm also cool with "upgraded" versions of champions, it's something that I'm not sure we know how to do just right whilst managing expectations.

Welp, if you do like that armor design and want to see it as a skin, make a thread/poll and see how people respond =D
make skins that evolve like this while playing. similar to Kha'Zix every time you upgrade your ult you go up a tier in armor design

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Also. Can we repost the first post so it isn't in a thread that is 98% devoted to talk of skins? A lot of important gameplay features and fixes that need to be addressed.

Fox P McCloud

12-31-2012

Quote:
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to compile such a comprehensive list on behalf of the community. Your effort is much appreciated and will be helpful towards making League of Legends a better game for all of us. I will look into some of the gameplay + interface features.

I fixed an issue with invisible skillshots coming out of bushes / fog of war in Patch 1.72.

It's still possible for skillshots to be invisible for high latency connections. If you're playing at <100 ms I would expect it to be rare.
It's still possible for skillshots to be invisible if you fire it a very short distance out of a bush. This could happen at the double bush setup on the left side of Proving Grounds.

Can you provide more details on when you see the invisible spear such as map, location, Nidalee skin, latency?

Invisible skillshots are still present and it's not just Nid's spear, either---there's been multiple times I've been hit by Ezreal's ultimate and thought "WTH was that" because I didn't see it at all--I just heard the sound it makes when it hit me and suddenly took a lot of damage.

Another time someone I was playing with said "what did I just get hit by" (again with Ez's ult) for similar reasons---that said I could see the particle for it; it seems to be a client-side and not server side issue.

My ping is ~78-79 so it's well within your "very rare" territory.

Pandaris

12-31-2012

I know that if you shoot your ult or skill from a lower "layer" of the map sometimes it will be underground

I.E River > lane > Base

Spada Lunga

12-31-2012

Quote:

Hey, if you still around or even notice this, could you take a look at the fact that the base damage on Nidalee's cougar form abilities is always zero? Or is it actually zero?

ShadeOfRed

12-31-2012

Quote:

When nidalee is hiding behind either of the craters on the right side of the map (causing you to lose vision on her), and throws the spear through it, it often doesnt become visual until a good deal after the map feature.

Lopeko

12-31-2012

I have some:

-Replay

Similar to SC and SC2, you can watch your matches you played.

-Campaigns

A little campaign for each champion revolving around their lore.

-5v5 ranked

We should be able to also have 3 or 4 arranged players play a ranked 5v5 match.

Pushover

12-31-2012

Quote:

I've noticed that sometimes by mousing over a minion just before it dies while casting (or something similar), the skillshot goes invisible at the same time the minion dies. Have not been able to reproduce in customs.

There is also a bug somewhere in the shop interface, where sometimes the shop does not update based on what items you have, or how much gold you have.