Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AppleDough

12-28-2012

I know a few Rioters posted in here, but are any others taking this seriously? I'd hope so because it's a great list!

ninjaipod

12-28-2012

/singed.

amazing list

Eserine

12-28-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
Hey, I didnt see anything about skins on here so I have an odd question.. It's something that's been on my brain for a while.. Recently, as a lot of people have noticed, our quality of skins has gone up, including sometimes near reworks of entire champions when we produce skins. We do custom animations, particles, and a lot of other features. It's a big improvement from what we refer to now as "color swaps", when sometimes skins were just palette changes, or maybe small geometry tweaks on the model at most.

Oh yeah, my question! How do you guys feel about "costume change" skins. Maybe not so much entire sweeping thematic shifts, but maybe just s different treatment of basic look, outfit or armor. Being on the skins team off and on, I really love taking our characters to the nines. One things I've noticed is that sometimes, depending on the champion, some champions can accommodate really incredible and compelling themes, or have real estate for a lot of visual change, and have huge opportunities for particle changes or custom animations, etc, However, sometimes i feel some can't, that's opinion though. Also, sometimes I feel as though champions might just need what basically comes down to a "costume change" to give some new flavor, or something simple and novel. It's a not the greatest term, but I can't really think of something better to use to refer to something that sort of, at most, geometry changes and maybe minor tweaks in other areas.

What are some thoughts on this? This is entirely a curiosity of mine, and this is no promise of any such content, but I'm always looking for opportunities to bring interesting content to players, and I'm wondering if maybe a "lower" tier of what I've described above is of interest.

AGAIN! This is no commitment to features, I just genuinely am interested in feelings about this stuff. I have no idea nor any opinion on pricing or any of that, I'm interested in what sort of themes are appropriate, what scope such skins might encompass, and what players feel about what equates to possibly a less packed piece of content than the current lot of skins in terms of VFX, animation and other features.

So, whaddaya think?

It would be fascinating if the art department could tie basic skin alterations to a summoner's allegiance to different city states and their respective national colors as the champion's identity merged together with the summoner's identity:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2888325

#sigh

Nubasaurus Rex

12-28-2012

Bug Fix: Show wins/rating/level in custom games.

Reason: Sometimes the wins/rating/level of people who join are missing. It makes doing aram with just level 30's hard, sometimes making the game unfair.

Nasdrovia499

12-28-2012

Quote:
nub4saurus rex:
Bug Fix: Show wins/rating/level in custom games.

Reason: Sometimes the wins/rating/level of people who join are missing. It makes doing aram with just level 30's hard, sometimes making the game unfair.

Yep, just noticed that myself since I dont play many customs. Thanks, added

ZeroX12345

12-28-2012

Kennen's W will go on Cooldown even if you activate it and don't hit any enemies. most non-skillshot abilities don't do this.

Yoshimitsue

12-29-2012

How about map themse? why did riot get rid of autumn and snowy summoners rift? why?!

ninjaipod

12-29-2012

Quote:
Yoshimitsue:
How about map themse? why did riot get rid of autumn and snowy summoners rift? why?!

yes please, we will need this too :3

Jgame

12-29-2012

Bump.

Sn0wY

12-29-2012

gogeta varus