Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScottyRawr

12-27-2012

I'd like to know what makes a skin 390 RP O.o. Were they dropped in price? How the prices are confuse me tbh, there are like three 390 RP skins, then the 520s, 975s, now we have two 1350s, 1820s, and one 3250. I'm guessing we need Hip in here xD. I also remember he mentioned buying Skins for IP?

Ravechaosknight

12-27-2012

Nasdrovia499

Add Rumble to the list of skin starved champions.

Add an updated Team sidebar to the in-game interface section. Here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...28822#32328822 Boourns discusses wanting to make the information available, but not necessarily by implementing the spectator mode interface.

And then there is that really big locked camera discussion(How to make it more useful and forgiving for new payers, basically) which I can't seem to find atm. It is also lead by Boourns.

Poeta Somnium

12-27-2012

I would really like to see more champions with lore tie-ins and relations (i.e. Soraka/Warwick, Darius/Draven, Rengar/Kha'zix, Viktor/Jayce, Diana/Leona). There are a ton of characters that are vaguely referenced in existing lores but are never mentioned again. (The infamous "C" from Cait's lore, Kassadin's daughter, Kogmaw's daddy.)

On a similar note; more dialogue interactions! Make it immersive! I want my champion to react in one way or another when they fight an enemy champion. Some possible examples;

(When Lux kills Garen) - "I'm sorry big brother...."
(When Garen kills Lux) - "Yikes. Mom is going to kill me."
(When Kayle kills Morgana) - "You chose this fate!"
(When Morgana kills Kayle) - "Oh how the mighty have fallen...."
(When Jax kills Draven) - "You ain't even in my League, kid."
(When Draven kills Jax) - "You may be the champ, but I'm Draaaaven."
(When Tryndamere kills Garen) - "There can be only one!"
(When Garen kills Tryndamere) - "You spin like a girl!"

These examples are bad and I should feel bad. I didn't spend a lot of time on them. But you get the general idea? There are soooo many options here, so many relationships to be exploited.

IS15780dc83872d25e80b86

12-27-2012

This is what i want in the new year ... a Elephant Champion!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post32884007

Ishinokao

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hey, I didnt see anything about skins on here so I have an odd question.. It's something that's been on my brain for a while.. Recently, as a lot of people have noticed, our quality of skins has gone up, including sometimes near reworks of entire champions when we produce skins. We do custom animations, particles, and a lot of other features. It's a big improvement from what we refer to now as "color swaps", when sometimes skins were just palette changes, or maybe small geometry tweaks on the model at most.

Oh yeah, my question! How do you guys feel about "costume change" skins. Maybe not so much entire sweeping thematic shifts, but maybe just s different treatment of basic look, outfit or armor. Being on the skins team off and on, I really love taking our characters to the nines. One things I've noticed is that sometimes, depending on the champion, some champions can accommodate really incredible and compelling themes, or have real estate for a lot of visual change, and have huge opportunities for particle changes or custom animations, etc, However, sometimes i feel some can't, that's opinion though. Also, sometimes I feel as though champions might just need what basically comes down to a "costume change" to give some new flavor, or something simple and novel. It's a not the greatest term, but I can't really think of something better to use to refer to something that sort of, at most, geometry changes and maybe minor tweaks in other areas.

What are some thoughts on this? This is entirely a curiosity of mine, and this is no promise of any such content, but I'm always looking for opportunities to bring interesting content to players, and I'm wondering if maybe a "lower" tier of what I've described above is of interest.

AGAIN! This is no commitment to features, I just genuinely am interested in feelings about this stuff. I have no idea nor any opinion on pricing or any of that, I'm interested in what sort of themes are appropriate, what scope such skins might encompass, and what players feel about what equates to possibly a less packed piece of content than the current lot of skins in terms of VFX, animation and other features.

So, whaddaya think?

While this sounds like a cool idea, and if I'm understanding what a "costume change" is correctly, I can't help but see this as a way of getting out of doing visual reworks of older characters as they currently are: Free and releasing it all at once.
And basically saying we shouldn't expect anything out of this can't have all that much merit after seeing the continuation of 1350 skins.

So I guess I should ask what specific characters you feel could use this kind of thing. What characters with up-to-date models could use a costume change? Would a "simple costume change" warrant an RP price above 400?

EDIT: Also, if it is something worth worrying about coming down to a "why isn't this just the basic model" debate, would there be the possibility of paying for a "costume change" with IP?

Anteka

12-27-2012

I'm all in favor of having slight alterations to a champion's classic skin to give them a unique look and feel, all at the same time without having to splurge RP for a skin that divery too drastically from the original champion's concept. Several examples to demostrate:

-Cassiopeia - The Siren skin resembles the classic skin, but retains the original theme, though it would have been nice to have a few fins on the tail.

-Taric- Armor of the Fifth Age is a great skin concept. But it is lacking in the color department. The base of the skin has a pink color theme, but the crystals, dazzle particle, and ult color are just not matching. A simple color palette swap to red/pink would make this skin more perfect than you think.

-Soraka- Wouldn't you like to see a Jungle Soraka skin? It can be similar to the Dryad skin, but a darker hue and change the head of the staff to look more like a banana.

ScottyRawr

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
I would really like to see more champions with lore tie-ins and relations (i.e. Soraka/Warwick, Darius/Draven, Rengar/Kha'zix, Viktor/Jayce, Diana/Leona). There are a ton of characters that are vaguely referenced in existing lores but are never mentioned again. (The infamous "C" from Cait's lore, Kassadin's daughter, Kogmaw's daddy.)

On a similar note; more dialogue interactions! Make it immersive! I want my champion to react in one way or another when they fight an enemy champion. Some possible examples;

(When Lux kills Garen) - "I'm sorry big brother...."
(When Garen kills Lux) - "Yikes. Mom is going to kill me."

These examples are bad and I should feel bad. I didn't spend a lot of time on them. But you get the general idea? There are soooo many options here, so many relationships to be exploited.
Who killed Miss Fortune's mom :[.

Ravechaosknight

12-27-2012

Quote:

(When Lux kills Jarvan) - "I'm sorry big brother...."
(When Jarvan kills Lux) - "Yikes. Mom is going to kill me."

Dude, it's Garen and Lux who are brother and sister. >.>

Anteka

12-27-2012

Quote:

(When Lux kills Jarvan) - "I'm sorry big brother...."
(When Jarvan kills Lux) - "Yikes. Mom is going to kill me."

(When Katarina pentakills with ult)- "Spin to win never fails"

Nyxilis

12-27-2012

I have interest on some champions with some tailored changes. There has often been when looking at a champion, a moment when I think. Man, wouldn't it be cool if this character didn't have a helmet, or was an ultra version of themselves. Or even a particle effect, like wouldn't it be groovy if Hecarim left firey footprints? I think so!

I think it's something to look into, yes.