My fiances father wants me to go to college.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
These are the type of responses that are wasting my time. Here's why:

If I had just the slightest issue with doing it, this thread wouldn't exist. If I thought for one second "I don't want to do this" I wouldn't have wasted my time on this thread. I just wouldn't do it.

I did not ask for advice on how to deal with her father nor would I ever ask for that advice here. The second I hit enter on the OP I had that part figured out. I wasn't asking if I should go, that was decided on before I started typing. I asked for suggestions on what to study only.

He is not concerned with me providing for her. It's evident I can do that. He has great respect for me. I am on a higher level than he has and I could buy and sell him multiple times over. He does not get mouthy with me.

This is like someone asking you to go to the strore and pick up some milk on your way home. It's not a difficult thing to do and isn't a big deal.

He knows I'm not going to use the degree for a carrer. I make more money than he ever has.
So, if this is all true, then it is obvious....

Your soon to be father in-law hates you, and is simply posing a situation to you he knows you won't be able to accomplish. With that failure, in his mind at least, he will be able to poison his daughter's affection towards you. It is either that or you have been talking out of your ass, and nothing you have said up to this point has been the whole truth.

I can say this not only as a father but as someone who has been successful in life. There is no other reason for him to be asking you to go to college, unless one of the two above scenarios is the case. So...

You are either lying about your position in life, and he is worried for the future of his daughter.

or

He hates you.

ThaBizness

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
So, if this is all true, then it is obvious....

Your soon to be father in-law hates you, and is simply posing a situation to you he knows you won't be able to accomplish. With that failure, in his mind at least, he will be able to poison his daughters affection towards you. It is either that or you have been talking out of your ass, and nothing you have said up to this point has been the whole truth.

I can say this not only as a father but as someone who has been successful in life. There is no other reason for him to be asking you to go to college, unless one of the two above scenarios is the case. So...

You are either lying about your position in life, and he is worried for the future of his daughter.

or

He hates you.
Fail college? Is that even possible? People go to college and get high every day and still pass.

Seems like you think college is hard but I don't let the difficulty of someting factor in to my decisions when doing something. I just do them or I don't. If I considered how hard something was then I'd think "I don't know, this seems hard. I'm not going to do it" and I wouldn 't have 100% faith that I could do anything.

Seems like you have forgotten the multiple threads you have argued along with me and dobs agianst not needing college and being called a troll by the many arguing that you need college and need a degree because it's the traditional thing to do.

Did you all of sudden forget that everyone on this board shares that metality except for 3 people or are you ignoring it for convience? Why people have this mentality, I don't know but they do and it would be stupid to pretend they don't. So, you say there's only two reasons, yet you've been involved in many discussions where the reason is people think you should go because that's what society deems normal.

I also don't get why you're trying to dig your way out of this. I only asked for possible areas to study. You initially said something stupid that served no point and was called out on it. Suck it up and give me answers to the question or quit wasting your time.

If you can't figure that out i'm going to have to question how you gained your success and wealth. I'm starting to think it was by rolling pussies like Fuji and Campir in allies.

Powerstoned

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
The way I think though is if I learned one little thing that could help me in the years that I study it, it won't be a waste.

Do you ever watch classic poker or older WSOP events? Do you know who Stu Ungar is?
But what if learning that same one little thing could both be learned in either a day or 4 years. Wouldn't the 4 years be at least "wasteful".

The name sounds familiar.

ThaBizness

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
But what if learning that same one little thing could both be learned in either a day or 4 years. Wouldn't the 4 years be at least "wasteful".

The name sounds familiar.
I'm 90% certain I'm going for business. I'm fairly certain you're right.

Something for you to check out when you have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pt2AOIz1wk

AK47WOLF

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post

or

He hates you.
Do you think perhaps her father is concerned with the kind of person his daughter loves?

ThaBizness

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Do you think perhaps her father is concerned with the kind of person his daughter loves?
Lets pretend he hated me.

Lets say he somehow managed to convince her to leave me.

He's going to be dead in two or so years and she would be back. I would hump her on his grave then piss on it.

She left before and was back in a month begging me to take her back.

*****es always come back

DeathByWaffle

12-28-2012

You could always go to a vocational school or do apprenticeship. Could learn to be a cook, a carpenter, or whatever. Anyway, it's your future. You can do what you like with it.

ThaBizness

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
You could always go to a vocational school or do apprenticeship. Could learn to be a cook, a carpenter, or whatever. Anyway, it's your future. You can do what you like with it.
This would be great as a hobby but I'm not a hobby type of guy. Carpentry sounds interesting but then I realize that's what I pick up Mexicans from Home Depot for.

It will be something to consider.