1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lars View Post
This is very similar to how I punish in the tribunal. Another thing I would add to your "always punish" list (at least for me) is the use of certain words: f***** or n***** is all I need to punish. Even if it's only once. Same for nazi references and other inappropriate off-color stuff.
Yep, I do that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
actually the rest of the team seemed fine with double jungle.

i was confident it would work as long as lee didn't actively try to get in my way (and mine in his). it didn't work because he tried to screw me purposefully.

i do find it funny though how all of a sudden someone who doesn't give in to being berated in a pre-game lobby is "ruining the game for the other three people" when any of them could have supported or done something different or maybe the lee could have not been a jackass.

like i said, it's moronic to expect people to give in on pregame lobby disputes like the one i mentioned because what you're saying is that the 'nicer' player ends up not getting what they want and the guy who acted like a jackass gets what they want. that is a bad system and it's a common dispute that happens just about every game. the lee with poor behavior should not, under any circumstances, be rewarded for that behavior. i wont reward him even in the short term, and i can believe that 99% of the playerbase would react similarly.

ill be more than civil with people, but im not ready to roll over every time there's even a whisper of a dispute.
What's funny is that I'm working to ban players like that Lee, yet not only do you not support my efforts, you respond by being no better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniohdg View Post
wwell please look what i just got suspended for :C
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6088792/#nogo
10 minutes into the first game and you're already cursing at your teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Captain View Post
As a fellow Tribunal junkie, I agree with the OP.

This is where I am at currently.
NICE.

Zedophelia

12-29-2012

Worst rant ever, tribunals broken case closed. I win,

Droogle

12-29-2012

You are a tribunal Nazi. You have an ideal LoL player and are trying to use tribunal to purge the system of people that don't fit that mold.

2,3, and 4 are not worthy of perma bans and it doesn't surprise me that even amongst the ban spammers of the tribunal you punish 10% more than average. AND ARE PROUD OF IT. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
What I'm talking about here is poor sportsmanship. I absolutely will not tolerate it. Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen. Grow up, be a good sport, or go play something more suited to your mindset. I hear Call of Duty is good for that.
chess? lol? Because chess is so high-adrenaline and fast paced. How about professional football? If Riot ran the NFL the entire league would be permabanned for trashtalking by the tribunal.

And why do you think it's fine to trash talk in Call of Duty? Is it because CoD doesn't give you the tiny fraction of power that riot does with the tribunal, and therefore cannot be moulded by you, in all your genius, into a utopian gaming society?

lol k. It's people like you that justify the tribunal critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lars View Post
This is very similar to how I punish in the tribunal. Another thing I would add to your "always punish" list (at least for me) is the use of certain words: f***** or n***** is all I need to punish. Even if it's only once. Same for nazi references and other inappropriate off-color stuff.
Cant say fvck once or this tribunal nazi will give you the death sentence. Also can't call him a nazi or he will give you the death sentence for typing the word nazi. lol

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
According to the Justice Review thing, I've got over 1000 cases correct, almost 19000 in justice rating, ranked 148. My accuracy is 85.1%, and I've permabanned 33 players.

In a typical day, I pardon maybe 2 of my 20 daily cases. However, most of my incorrect cases are where I punished a case that was ultimately pardoned. Based on this, I'd say about 4 in 20 cases are typically pardoned. That's an 80% punish chance for any case.

I WILL punish if even one case of five is punishable.

Things I always punish for:
1. Excessive cursing out allies.
2. Excessive taunting the enemy.
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
5. Ragequitting.

What I'm talking about here is poor sportsmanship. I absolutely will not tolerate it. Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen. Grow up, be a good sport, or go play something more suited to your mindset. I hear Call of Duty is good for that.

Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
3. Asking for honor.

We've all had that one game where we went 0/12/4. Stop acting like you're M5, get off your high horse, we've ALL had them and it happens more often than we care to admit. That's not a bannable offense. And those cases where all 5 are something like this? All that means is that the player had no games in which they cursed out their team or otherwise got reported. It sure will look intentional if that's literally the only thing anyone could ever report them over.

Things I sometimes punish for, depending on whether or not they happen repeatedly, and what clues the chat gives me:
1. Games in which a person never connected.
2. Clear trolling via a dual mid or somesuch.
3. Excessive pinging, for the sake of it.

Bugsplats happen, thank you Riot, you're like the only game I've ever seen in which this happens so goddamn often. And if a person doesn't know what to do about it, well, what can you do. I'm not banning someone because Riot can't code their game correctly. Hi Riot. You either smiled at this or frowned at it. Hiiiii. Eve 2012.

In the case of I Called It vs. I'm First Pick, it's trickier. I try to follow the clues of the chat. Thankfully, most of these cases degenerate into a rich plethora of four letter words anyway.

Excessive pinging... come on. If someone makes the game less enjoyable, I'll do likewise.

I do not give in to the popular opinion in order to raise my accuracy. Biggest example is the gg noobs thing. I can tell you, based on cases I've gotten wrong, that “gg noobs” is not enough to get punished. But i'll still punish for it, even knowing that I'll probably get it wrong, because that's what I believe.

One thing I am annoyed by is how few people actually report for obvious offenses. There have been games in which an ally absolutely berated his team, but the only player who bothered reporting for it is one of the enemies. Are you kidding me? People whine about excessive reporting, but if you ask me, people need to step it up. No wonder this community is so terrible. Hardly anyone reports what needs to be reported. People always talk about junk cases of rage reporting, but I'm lucky if I get one or two of those a week.

AMA.
Hi! My name is SteelerKing. I've been playing LoL for 3 years now. Been banned around 7 times or so within the first 2 years. Not been banned ever since and I have a few questions for you.

1. How long do you play league each day and for how many days a week?

2. Do you believe that the use of offensive words no matter what their context is justifies a ban? On the contrary do you believe that harassing someone without the use of excessive words justifies a ban?

3. What do you think about bad sportsmanship within a game? I've been playing with a lot too many wrong people ever since I started playing league and they all had the same mentality in common: e-***** over win.
Which basically means that they'd let their teammates die on purpose, lose the game intentionally by i.e. not helping anymore and all they cared about was their score. If someone wouldn't act the way they wanted, they'd just throw the game for everyone.
In Tribunal you can't ban someone for that because you can't proof it through the information provided in the tribunal.

4. What do you think of smileys or emoticons being used in the game? What are your thoughts when you see someone adding a smiley to any sentence? Does it leave a positive impression on you, a negative, do you completely think them away...?

I agree with all the guidelines of behavior you use too except afking with a good excuse cause you can't really know if they're made up so I'd still punish them. However I'm the complete opposite to you in a way, I despise the tribunal.
I believe it's a system that only scratches the surface and hence fails to actually bring justice to the ones who deserve bans even more than the ones who flame or afk which are usually "just" people with bad temper. There are a lot of players with malicious mindsets that deserve punishment badly but get away with it every game, ruining other peoples games, just that Riot and this so-called tribunal "of justice" doesn't care. In my opinion the whole idea of Tribunal is ridiculous. Either they should do a real system that punishes with all the information used within a game or throw this tribunal away. And since it's way too much effort to let tribunalers view videos of the matches to check things, I'm sure most people will agree that this idea of mine is ridiculous, tribunal should just begone.

CupcakeRaptorr

12-29-2012

I spam punish and get the same accuracy as you. How does it make you feel that I take 1 second on each case while you waste your time?

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogle View Post
You are a tribunal Nazi. You have an ideal LoL player and are trying to use tribunal to purge the system of people that don't fit that mold.

2,3, and 4 are not worthy of perma bans and it doesn't surprise me that even amongst the ban spammers of the tribunal you punish 10% more than average. AND ARE PROUD OF IT. LOL

chess? lol? Because chess is so high-adrenaline and fast paced. How about professional football? If Riot ran the NFL the entire league would be permabanned for trashtalking by the tribunal.

And why do you think it's fine to trash talk in Call of Duty? Is it because CoD doesn't give you the tiny fraction of power that riot does with the tribunal, and therefore cannot be moulded by you, in all your genius, into a utopian gaming society?

lol k. It's people like you that justify the tribunal critics.

Cant say fvck once or this tribunal nazi will give you the death sentence. Also can't call him a nazi or he will give you the death sentence for typing the word nazi. lol
I can smell the multiple bans on you. Don't be a jerk, and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
Hi! My name is SteelerKing. I've been playing LoL for 3 years now. Been banned around 7 times or so within the first 2 years. Not been banned ever since and I have a few questions for you.

1. How long do you play league each day and for how many days a week?
I play later at night, just to be sure that real life won't get in the way. I average about three games a night, sometimes just one, sometimes maybe five. I usually play ranked, so you can imagine maybe three hours and twenty minutes total on a particularly active night.

Quote:
2. Do you believe that the use of offensive words no matter what their context is justifies a ban? On the contrary do you believe that harassing someone without the use of excessive words justifies a ban?
For the first one, of course not, context matters. Saying "f*ck" because of something that happened doesn't matter. Directing that word on an ally does. Your second one, yes, it does.

Quote:
3. What do you think about bad sportsmanship within a game? I've been playing with a lot too many wrong people ever since I started playing league and they all had the same mentality in common: e-***** over win.
Which basically means that they'd let their teammates die on purpose, lose the game intentionally by i.e. not helping anymore and all they cared about was their score. If someone wouldn't act the way they wanted, they'd just throw the game for everyone.
In Tribunal you can't ban someone for that because you can't proof it through the information provided in the tribunal.
That is a problem. Nine times out of ten, this kind of mentality is accompanied by some colorful language that makes the case punishable, anyway. But I agree that some cases just can't be proven, and that's frustrating.

Quote:
4. What do you think of smileys or emoticons being used in the game? What are your thoughts when you see someone adding a smiley to any sentence? Does it leave a positive impression on you, a negative, do you completely think them away...?
Depends on the context. If you've used the internet for a while, you should be able to tell when the is just a substitute for a trollface. I punish and pardon accordingly.

Quote:
I agree with all the guidelines of behavior you use too except afking with a good excuse cause you can't really know if they're made up so I'd still punish them. However I'm the complete opposite to you in a way, I despise the tribunal.
If it happened once only, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If they do it repeatedly, it'll probably show up repeatedly in the case, so that's how you know.

Quote:
I believe it's a system that only scratches the surface and hence fails to actually bring justice to the ones who deserve bans even more than the ones who flame or afk which are usually "just" people with bad temper. There are a lot of players with malicious mindsets that deserve punishment badly but get away with it every game, ruining other peoples games, just that Riot and this so-called tribunal "of justice" doesn't care. In my opinion the whole idea of Tribunal is ridiculous. Either they should do a real system that punishes with all the information used within a game or throw this tribunal away. And since it's way too much effort to let tribunalers view videos of the matches to check things, I'm sure most people will agree that this idea of mine is ridiculous, tribunal should just begone.
Hosting videos of every reported match would take an obscene amount of space and bandwidth. I know people like to think Rioters are all millionaires, but they're not. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeRaptorr View Post
I spam punish and get the same accuracy as you. How does it make you feel that I take 1 second on each case while you waste your time?
I bite my thumb at you.

Droogle

12-29-2012

Quote:
I can smell the multiple bans on you. Don't be a jerk, and you'll be fine.
thats funny cuz ive played since the Garen patch without so much as a warning.
also Santa Baron.

But it says a lot that you consider the opinions of people who have been banned as worthless.

Good job completely changing the subject. Carry on tribunal nazi

SirNoobicus

12-29-2012

Quote:
Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
3. Asking for honor.

Now I know you're trolling. Don't come on LoL if you think you're gonna have dinner, or have a **** internet connection. Also..

Isn't asking for honor against the rules?

Shouldn't being a bad player be punished for downright feeding?

JustinSG

12-29-2012

Quote:
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
How mad?

Quote:
over 1000 cases
lol mad

JustDeckeredBoys

12-29-2012

op needs to read the code and make his judgments based off that. not just what he thinks.