Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

12-28-2012

Quote:
Also, who cares? The final message is the same. If you disagree that's cool but you raging about it is not worthwhile. You have just as much power as he does. Want changes? Do what he does, vote.

This is the problem though.

You aren't rewarded for using the tribunal at all.

This isn't like a civic duty like being in a jury or voting in the USA. This is just riot being cheap with player behavior. Instead of say hiring people to comb through every single abuse case and dole out punishment as they see fit on a case by case basis (like what literally every other game would do), you have unpaid, unqualified players hitting punish/pardon for some rating.

You are correct that anyone is more than capable of doing tribunal cases. However, most of us don't appreciate doing some unpaid side work for a hobby that we already pay for.

Fizbania

12-28-2012

So if a player has over 1000 games played and they couldn't control themselves in 5 games out of the 2000 you punish them? How is that justice?

Shiister

12-28-2012

Quote:
2pudge1cup:

This isn't like a civic duty like being in a jury or voting in the USA. This is just riot being cheap with player behavior. Instead of say hiring people to comb through every single abuse case and dole out punishment as they see fit on a case by case basis (like what literally every other game would do), you have unpaid, unqualified players hitting punish/pardon for some rating.

You are correct that anyone is more than capable of doing tribunal cases. However, most of us don't appreciate doing some unpaid side work for a hobby that we already pay for.

Been stated that Tribunal cost is as the same as having a team to do it.

So if Riot handed out bans, would people be like "Oh a Riot employee thought I deserved to be banned? Okay I accept it"? Hell no they would complain and ***** about a Riot employee can't relate to their problems of playing the game in the community and would tell them to lighten up on their punishment.

Xulsigae

12-28-2012

Quote:
2pudge1cup:

So should the government of the US hire thousands of people to be on juries?
I personally like the approach. But that's just my opinion.
Most of you choose to not participate then. That's your choice.

Enterti

12-28-2012

Quote:
Slayer Odin:
so when i spam taunt with YI in lane im somehow breaking the summoners code by using a in game tool they put in the game? thats like saying smart casting is cheating also the tribunal is a joke.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31850996#31850996

Read that before you assume you know what you are talking about.

Shiister

12-28-2012

Quote:
Fizbania:
So if a player has over 1000 games played and they couldn't control themselves in 5 games out of the 2000 you punish them? How is that justice?

Same as saying a person who has been alive for 18 years and one day he decide to commit a crime out of the 6,570 days he has been living, he shouldn't be punish because he didn't commit a crime on every single day.

Xulsigae

12-28-2012

Quote:
Shiister:
Been stated that Tribunal cost is as the same as having a team to do it.

So if Riot handed out bans, would people be like "Oh a Riot employee thought I deserved to be banned? Okay I accept it"? Hell no they would complain and ***** about a Riot employee can't relate to their problems of playing the game in the community and would tell them to lighten up on their punishment.

They do hand out bans. Only Riot has the power to hand out bans.
The Tribunal decides if people are guilty or not, and usually an automated warning is enough to correct bad behavior.
If someone repeatedly offends, the punishments grow until Riot has a look and sees if any significant actions are needed.

Shiister

12-28-2012

Quote:
Xulsigae:
They do hand out bans. Only Riot has the power to hand out bans.
The Tribunal decides if people are guilty or not, and usually an automated warning is enough to correct bad behavior.
If someone repeatedly offends, the punishments grow until Riot has a look and sees if any significant actions are needed.

I mean if Riot looked at cases and decide they was "Innocent" or "Guilty" would people accept their choice? No, people would ***** and complain about it as now, so why change it?

EDIT: Sorry if I was unclear in my 1st post, this what I meant the first time.

Enterti

12-28-2012

Quote:
Fizbania:

Sigh
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31852139#31852139

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
FootPatrol:
I think you should be able to watch the game.

A good idea, but I doubt many people would spend that kind of time on it.

Quote:
Enterti:
Christ how do you keep responding to these people? I have enough trouble with the ones in the Tribunal subforum.

I do IT work for a living. I've got nothing but time.

Quote:
Slayer Odin:
so when i spam taunt with YI in lane im somehow breaking the summoners code by using a in game tool they put in the game? thats like saying smart casting is cheating also the tribunal is a joke.

It's being obnoxious.

Quote:
Fizbania:

The Reds have already stated it takes hundreds of reports just to get into the tribunal. Nice try.