1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkbananaman

12-28-2012

wow reading OP post really makes me want to not play this game anymore...
how do they let such immature kid decide if someone is banned or not... I guess he has more fun banning ppl for absurd reasons then actually playing the game...
and the part of not banning afk but banning if I say gg noobs... lol
this must be a joke

MrPuffles

12-28-2012

30 permabans yikes!

Xulsigae

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbananaman View Post
how do they let such immature kid decide if someone is banned or not... I guess he has more fun banning ppl for absurd reasons then actually playing the game...
this must be a joke
We don't ban. Riot does.

Xulsigae

12-28-2012

When you are presented with a case, there isn't a button for ban, warn, temporary ban etc. There is only pardon or punish.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
Just for the record, I wasn't saying you are self-righteous per se, just that the OP sounds slanted that way. I do understand that frustration can sometimes come across as self-righteousness instead of just a happiness when justice is done, though.

Also, jsyk, I am a reformed verbal abuser (twice 3-day banned). I can honestly say that the honor system helped me a lot more than the Tribunal, because even though I'm not an honor farmer it just makes you realize that those are people on the other end of that computer, and even if they pick on you first it's not okay to rage back.
Well, I'm glad you reformed. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
Why is this thread even still in GD, and why is it even open, it should be deleted!

This is obvious collusion, trying to influence more people to vote exactly how the OP votes so their flashy tribunal stats can increase.
Curses, you discovered my strategy!

Now, how long will it take you to realize that I am actually Morello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbananaman View Post
this must be a joke
You goofy maloofy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPuffles View Post
30 permabans yikes!
34 as of this post.

FootPatrol

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
According to the Justice Review thing, I've got over 1000 cases correct, almost 19000 in justice rating, ranked 148. My accuracy is 85.1%, and I've permabanned 33 players.

In a typical day, I pardon maybe 2 of my 20 daily cases. However, most of my incorrect cases are where I punished a case that was ultimately pardoned. Based on this, I'd say about 4 in 20 cases are typically pardoned. That's an 80% punish chance for any case.

I WILL punish if even one case of five is punishable.

Things I always punish for:
1. Excessive cursing out allies.
2. Excessive taunting the enemy.
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
5. Ragequitting.

What I'm talking about here is poor sportsmanship. I absolutely will not tolerate it. Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen. Grow up, be a good sport, or go play something more suited to your mindset. I hear Call of Duty is good for that.

Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
3. Asking for honor.

We've all had that one game where we went 0/12/4. Stop acting like you're M5, get off your high horse, we've ALL had them and it happens more often than we care to admit. That's not a bannable offense. And those cases where all 5 are something like this? All that means is that the player had no games in which they cursed out their team or otherwise got reported. It sure will look intentional if that's literally the only thing anyone could ever report them over.

Things I sometimes punish for, depending on whether or not they happen repeatedly, and what clues the chat gives me:
1. Games in which a person never connected.
2. Clear trolling via a dual mid or somesuch.
3. Excessive pinging, for the sake of it.

Bugsplats happen, thank you Riot, you're like the only game I've ever seen in which this happens so goddamn often. And if a person doesn't know what to do about it, well, what can you do. I'm not banning someone because Riot can't code their game correctly. Hi Riot. You either smiled at this or frowned at it. Hiiiii. Eve 2012.

In the case of I Called It vs. I'm First Pick, it's trickier. I try to follow the clues of the chat. Thankfully, most of these cases degenerate into a rich plethora of four letter words anyway.

Excessive pinging... come on. If someone makes the game less enjoyable, I'll do likewise.

I do not give in to the popular opinion in order to raise my accuracy. Biggest example is the gg noobs thing. I can tell you, based on cases I've gotten wrong, that “gg noobs” is not enough to get punished. But i'll still punish for it, even knowing that I'll probably get it wrong, because that's what I believe.

One thing I am annoyed by is how few people actually report for obvious offenses. There have been games in which an ally absolutely berated his team, but the only player who bothered reporting for it is one of the enemies. Are you kidding me? People whine about excessive reporting, but if you ask me, people need to step it up. No wonder this community is so terrible. Hardly anyone reports what needs to be reported. People always talk about junk cases of rage reporting, but I'm lucky if I get one or two of those a week.

AMA.
I think you should be able to watch the game.

Enterti

12-28-2012

Christ how do you keep responding to these people? I have enough trouble with the ones in the Tribunal subforum.

darkbananaman

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Christ how do you keep responding to these people? I have enough trouble with the ones in the Tribunal subforum.
OP obviously has no life...
thats why he takes this tribunal thing so seriously, like the most important thing in his world....

Xulsigae

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPatrol View Post
I think you should be able to watch the game.
That would be nice, but I see two issues.
First, would anyone have X minutes times 20 cases to put aside for the Tribunal?
Second, that's a lot of data to store.

Personally, I'd want the pre and post game chat. I see a lot of reports that reference pre game or post game misbehavior, but I can't punish it if I don't see it.

Slayer Odin

12-28-2012

so when i spam taunt with YI in lane im somehow breaking the summoners code by using a in game tool they put in the game? thats like saying smart casting is cheating also the tribunal is a joke.