1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUPERMANDATHOE

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Lmao, yep, same.

I'm seeing a lot of in his posts when his allies are annoyed with him, for whatever reason. Instead of trying to diffuse the situation by explaining himself or being the better man and apologizing, he chose to play innocent and basically trollface. It's possible to be an ass without cursing people out.
What a rude response. These are the people who vote in the Tribunal? Oh god.

Kroníc

12-27-2012

Quote:
Lmao, yep, same.

I'm seeing a lot of in his posts when his allies are annoyed with him, for whatever reason. Instead of trying to diffuse the situation by explaining himself or being the better man and apologizing, he chose to play innocent and basically trollface. It's possible to be an ass without cursing people out.
So because he chose to not respond to the people telling him he is doing bad and feeding(which is rude, makes the game less enjoyable, and should be punished according to your logic) he should have.....what? Said "I'm so sorry I suck guys." How is ignoring the people who are pointing out you're doing bad punishable?

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERMANDATHOE View Post
What a rude response. These are the people who vote in the Tribunal? Oh god.
Well, he clearly didn't hear me the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronc View Post
So because he chose to not respond to the people telling him he is doing bad and feeding(which is rude, makes the game less enjoyable, and should be punished according to your logic) he should have.....what? Said "I'm so sorry I suck guys." How is ignoring the people who are pointing out you're doing bad punishable?
It's not. But he didn't ignore them, he trollfaced them. And yes, saying that would make it a complete pardon, and diffuse the situation entirely. Learn to be the better man for the sake of the game.

Xulsigae

12-27-2012

He wasn't ignoring them it appears.
Putting a smiley face every time someone talks to you, even if it's rude, isn't ignoring them.
It makes one look like one is 'trolling' or deliberately playing bad just for kicks.

Juzam Djinn

12-27-2012

bump

Xianio

12-27-2012

I honestly don't understand this 2pudge guy.

1) Making the tribunal a "game" encourages participants to "win" it. The only way to win tribunal is to be "right" more. That requires a more uniform standard and "awards" people who vote with the majority most of the time. This makes the tribunals punishments more normalized and allows Riot/everyone else to know what the community considers acceptable.

2) The OP has no more power than you do. The only thing the OP has over "you" is that he's voting. Much like any vote-based system only those who participate actually matter. If anyone has a problem with the result of that but refuses to participate then sorry - that's your fault.

If everyone who wanted "words" to be ignored by the tribunal because we have an ignore feature actually voted that MIGHT become the new standard. The fact of the matter is though, those people aren't participating, therefore they don't count. If you refuse to voice your opinion (through votes) then you have no one to blame but yourself.

3) Everyone loves to pretend that LoL is like "any other competitive environment" but what does that really mean? Video games are STILL regarded as a childs past time because the majority of games allow people to treat each other like ****.

Did you know that the average age of a "gamer" is 30 now. Three, zero. Why can't this medium age WITH us instead of being an embarrassing side thing you can't tell other professionals. I don't think most people using this excuse actually play organized sports POST-secondary education. The taunting, yelling and cursing out the other team thing is what gets you kicked off of teams. That sort of behaviour just doesn't fly when you have to see other team mates at the office the next day.

For 99% of us LoL isn't a professional sport. Even when you want to take it "more seriously" it's still not professional. Professionals practice together, get to know each other and develop rivalries. But solo-Q players are doing none of that. They're playing "tryhard" pick-up matches. Don't expect LoL to be like "professional sports" because they're NOTHING alike for 99% of us.

Find a new excuse for your behaviour because if you don't, organize sports are going to be a thing you're not asked to participate in once you've finally found your "grown up" job.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
He wasn't ignoring them it appears.
Putting a smiley face every time someone talks to you, even if it's rude, isn't ignoring them.
It makes one look like one is 'trolling' or deliberately playing bad just for kicks.
Exactly, thank you.

Xulsigae

12-27-2012

And like any other competitive environment, there are ways to punish misconduct in games.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
I honestly don't understand this 2pudge guy.

1) Making the tribunal a "game" encourages participants to "win" it. The only way to win tribunal is to be "right" more. That requires a more uniform standard and "awards" people who vote with the majority most of the time. This makes the tribunals punishments more normalized and allows Riot/everyone else to know what the community considers acceptable.

2) The OP has no more power than you do. The only thing the OP has over "you" is that he's voting. Much like any vote-based system only those who participate actually matter. If anyone has a problem with the result of that but refuses to participate then sorry - that's your fault.

If everyone who wanted "words" to be ignored by the tribunal because we have an ignore feature actually voted that MIGHT become the new standard. The fact of the matter is though, those people aren't participating, therefore they don't count. If you refuse to voice your opinion (through votes) then you have no one to blame but yourself.

3) Everyone loves to pretend that LoL is like "any other competitive environment" but what does that really mean? Video games are STILL regarded as a childs past time because the majority of games allow people to treat each other like ****.

Did you know that the average age of a "gamer" is 30 now. Three, zero. Why can't this medium age WITH us instead of being an embarrassing side thing you can't tell other professionals. I don't think most people using this excuse actually play organized sports POST-secondary education. The taunting, yelling and cursing out the other team thing is what gets you kicked off of teams. That sort of behaviour just doesn't fly when you have to see other team mates at the office the next day.

For 99% of us LoL isn't a professional sport. Even when you want to take it "more seriously" it's still not professional. Professionals practice together, get to know each other and develop rivalries. But solo-Q players are doing none of that. They're playing "tryhard" pick-up matches. Don't expect LoL to be like "professional sports" because they're NOTHING alike for 99% of us.

Find a new excuse for your behaviour because if you don't, organize sports are going to be a thing you're not asked to participate in once you've finally found your "grown up" job.
I agree 100%.

Sir Cutchry

12-27-2012

Quote:
This.

Dear God this makes me sick. You people...I just don't even know. Poor guy knows enough not to say anything for fear of being reported. Tribunal rules him a time ban.