1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueLethal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-26-2012

how do you know excessive pinging on the tribunal page?
As a tribunal person, you should look for things to punish players to change them.

Things I always punish for:
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
this is apart of ALL games. No such thing can be changed here so why even punish them for it? im sure you prob even done it yourself living 1hp from a burst champ.
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
No. What kind of ban is this? If this term is used through ALL of gaming, who are you to say its wrong?

Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
Lolwut. So i can troll and mess with my teammates while having a meta team and still get away with it? This guy.
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
"brb my gf wants to have ***"
Reality: most of the people you meet on league do not have a girl friend or even someone close to them nearby to have that excuse. How many times do you meet someone above the age of 18? Hell, the majority my games are full with ignorant teenagers acting like kids fighting over toys.

People whine about excessive reporting, but if you ask me, people need to step it up. No wonder this community is so terrible. Hardly anyone reports what needs to be reported. People always talk about junk cases of rage reporting, but I'm lucky if I get one or two of those a week.
Do you know why we whine? Because it takes too much damn time to write up a decent report on what the player did wrong. Also, since it only takes 1 report without any description for people to end up in the tribunal, id rather not be the person causing the chaos. Besides, i bet you dont even read even one eighth of the material on why the person should be ban. Yet your here flaunting your justice rating. Cool kid here thinks hes better than others because he spends his time on tribunals while others do not.

Recap: This guy is just flaunting his so called "success" for spending the most time in the tribunal, yet hes more of a toxin than players that do nothing at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdain View Post
I would actually watch chess if they trash talked each other. "Checkmate, noob. Lol EZ"
Oh you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byk ACRayleonard View Post
don't care what your rating is, a gaming court system cant determine that yes your made 1000 correct banns. Tribunal is bull****. People on threads only increase there chances of being banned in tribunal because players become biased and discriminant of others who post on forums by pressing the bann button when a case shows up in tribunal with such said persons name. This is a very discriminant community of people who are out to get rid of players they don't like on forums and in game. There is no correct choice in banning.
Names no longer display in Tribunal cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguffin View Post
Single handedly makes me want to get back into tribunal
Aw, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R41313IT View Post
How would you base your opinion on intentional feeding? Cause I've pardoned ones who ended up with a bad score but never showed any signs of intentional feeding and ended up being wrong. I guess when it comes to intentional feeding, score reflects more than anything else.
First thing I look for is an inventory full of wards of Mobility Boots and Zeals. Failing that, I look at their CS and level. Even someone having a bad game should be able to get more than basic boots and a Doran's. The chat may provide clues. Other than that, it's mostly just a guess, admittedly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brobat

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Pick Order vs. Called It should always favor pick order.

I have had many games where I am near the bottom and I happily offer to fill whatever role is needed (Support usually). But when I get first pick and decide to go mid and some idiot on last pick 'calls' mid and refuses to do anything but pick mid 'because I called it' it ruins the game. Either I end up with some guy duo laning in my mid (putting us down a support/jungler/etc) or I have to go and try and do the missing role as the mid laner I had locked in (usually goes terribly either way). Either that or I am forced to dodge or someone else does and now I don't get to play mid because ofcourse next game I'll be near the bottom of the pick order.

Refusing to Communicate with Team is a Reportable Offense and 'calling' mid and then just doing it regardless of what anyone says is the worst kind of behavior. I honestly do not see how this is up for debate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndromedaCat

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfell View Post
Would you ban someone over friendly trash talking?
Like two mids saying 'nope' and stuff everytime they miss or something, but no intent to flame but to have some fun.
I think the problem here is intent. You may intend it to friendly trash talking, but if other people reported you for it, well it's the internet, your intent was friendly, but they didn't know/understand what your intent was and they were bothered/hurt by it.

Friendly trash talking is probably best left to in-house games, where you can KNOW they know what you're intending. Your intentions may have been good, but it doesn't undo the fact that you upset others and hurt their gaming experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byk Beta Player

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Truth be told...for every rule there is a rule that contradicts it...and as most are saying "gg noobs" is just part of the gaming world not just this community. Ive played since beta and only reported 3-4 times because it was a serious offense weather they got banned or not was up to others. Reporting is for people with low self esteem who think being called noob is the worst thing in the world. This is just an example. Let implement this tribunal idea into xbox live, ps3 online gaming and see how many people get reported for being called noobs only then can you gather enough statistics that being called noob is actually not reportable just ignoreable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfell View Post
Would you ban someone over friendly trash talking?
Like two mids saying 'nope' and stuff everytime they miss or something, but no intent to flame but to have some fun.
If there's reciprocation, then true, I don't punish for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoLlama View Post
punish for gg noobs... but not for asking for honour which riot explicitly told us was against the rules.
I think the spirit of that rule is to prevent people from trading honor. Simply asking "honor plz", I just don't consider that punishable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsWhereYOU View Post
wish that all tribunal participants were the same D:
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxxon View Post
To the OP. Thank you for being serious and puting lots of thought into the tribunal. It comforts me to know there are a few people like you judging the cases presented.
Thanks. I try my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
how do you know excessive pinging on the tribunal page?
As a tribunal person, you should look for things to punish players to change them.
The sign is usually 1-4 people saying "OH MY ****ING GOD STOP PINGING BEFORE I RAPE YOUR MOTHER WITH YOUR DOG." If the one guy doesn't say anything, or mocks, that's proof enough. If he claims he's not, I will consider that it may be the lies of a 4 man premade. If it's word against word, I'm more lenient. But it's seldom like that. It's usually "PINGING IS FUN HEEHEE."

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
B]Things I always punish for:[/B]
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
this is apart of ALL games. No such thing can be changed here so why even punish them for it? im sure you prob even done it yourself living 1hp from a burst champ.
Before I started doing the Tribunal, back in my level 20-ish days, I admit to have done this. Since then, I've honestly only done it once ever, to a Corki who was being obnoxious in his attempts to bully me in lane but kept overextending for it. I was Nami, so every time he dove, I'd Q and Exhaust, perhaps ult, and down he went. That's the only time I've ever done it, and I admit I'm a hypocrite for it. I have a problem with Zerg Rushes, and I have a problem with people with a page full of AD or AP and trying to win based on the first five minutes of play. But I haven't done it since, and I feel bad for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
No. What kind of ban is this? If this term is used through ALL of gaming, who are you to say its wrong?
I'm Batman.

Be a good sport, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
Lolwut. So i can troll and mess with my teammates while having a meta team and still get away with it? This guy.
Having a bad game = trolling? I wish I had a 100% win rate, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
"brb my gf wants to have ***"
Reality: most of the people you meet on league do not have a girl friend or even someone close to them nearby to have that excuse. How many times do you meet someone above the age of 18? Hell, the majority my games are full with ignorant teenagers acting like kids fighting over toys.
That's why I've never heard that excuse. I did have one in which a player was AFK for 15 minutes because his father decided to give him the *** talk. We were all laughing too hard to punish for it. Regardless, you'd be surprised how old a lot of these people are. Typing like an idiot has no age limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
People whine about excessive reporting, but if you ask me, people need to step it up. No wonder this community is so terrible. Hardly anyone reports what needs to be reported. People always talk about junk cases of rage reporting, but I'm lucky if I get one or two of those a week.
Do you know why we whine? Because it takes too much damn time to write up a decent report on what the player did wrong. Also, since it only takes 1 report without any description for people to end up in the tribunal, id rather not be the person causing the chaos. Besides, i bet you dont even read even one eighth of the material on why the person should be ban. Yet your here flaunting your justice rating. Cool kid here thinks hes better than others because he spends his time on tribunals while others do not.
I sense causticity in your words, good sir. These are unfair assumptions. Also, why would you need to write up anything? Just report for, say, offensive language, and if I look at the chat log and see that, no need for any explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLethal View Post
Recap: This guy is just flaunting his so called "success" for spending the most time in the tribunal, yet hes more of a toxin than players that do nothing at all.
...it takes maybe 10 minutes to finish up a day's worth of cases, typically?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZoeKimball

Member

12-26-2012

I congratulate you on your success as far as taking it upon yourself to police the League of Legends community. While I'm sure you may have helped remove some severely inappropriate players and their content, I believe your approach is slightly flawed. Instead of arrogantly boasting about you how managed to finish with a nearly 80% success rate and 1,000 cases, you could instead boast about how you used REAL, FACTUAL evidence to come to those conclusions.

Facts and evidence are what any true, logical conclusion should be derived from. Anything else is subjective and conclusions will ultimately be drawn from inference and personal beliefs. Anything other than an un-biased factual approach to justice is not true justice, and I respect you utilizing a fact-based approach in your system.

On the other hand, I am sure that most of this community does not care that you happened to side with a few other overly-sensitive players who think a few insults or taunts will "ruin the game for everyone". While I respect the fact that you, and many other players, would like to play without reading negative or obscene comments, I for one believe in freedom of speech, and giving others the opportunity to vent or erratically type out their rants on an online game.

While I will not, and cannot speak for the EU, Asia and Brazil servers, I will represent the North America server (which is primarily players from the United States and Canada) when I say we value our privilege to speak freely without reprimand. This is not to say these other countries don't offer the ability to speak freely, or that to others our freedoms are better or more "right"; however, I am sure Riot is not at the slightest against players from North America exercising their freedom as residents and citizens of these countries.

In Canada and America, you cannot get thrown in jail (banned) or given the death penalty, ultimately executed (perma-banned) for obscene material, vulgar language or taunting enemies. If you want to exercise some sick, tyrannic form of justice, then I encourage you to to go to another server that represents another, potentially less-fortunate part of the world. Governments and systems that utilize your approach to punishment have notably been realized by the world over as "against the people".

The day that I get thrown in jail for telling someone to "eat a bag of dix" is the day I will know that my rights and freedoms have been stripped of me. Until then, I will ultimately exercise my freedoms in telling you that you that, in my opinion, not only are you arrogant, but you are also a ****ing idiot and a weird kid.

I encourage you to respond to me in any manner as you wish, as that is your right on the North American servers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobat View Post
Pick Order vs. Called It should always favor pick order.

I have had many games where I am near the bottom and I happily offer to fill whatever role is needed (Support usually). But when I get first pick and decide to go mid and some idiot on last pick 'calls' mid and refuses to do anything but pick mid 'because I called it' it ruins the game. Either I end up with some guy duo laning in my mid (putting us down a support/jungler/etc) or I have to go and try and do the missing role as the mid laner I had locked in (usually goes terribly either way). Either that or I am forced to dodge or someone else does and now I don't get to play mid because ofcourse next game I'll be near the bottom of the pick order.

Refusing to Communicate with Team is a Reportable Offense and 'calling' mid and then just doing it regardless of what anyone says is the worst kind of behavior. I honestly do not see how this is up for debate.
First pick going mid is the perfect way to get counterpicked. You do a disservice to your team by doing that. Besides, how are you any better by autolocking and refusing to cooperate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byk ACRayleonard View Post
Truth be told...for every rule there is a rule that contradicts it...and as most are saying "gg noobs" is just part of the gaming world not just this community. Ive played since beta and only reported 3-4 times because it was a serious offense weather they got banned or not was up to others. Reporting is for people with low self esteem who think being called noob is the worst thing in the world. This is just an example. Let implement this tribunal idea into xbox live, ps3 online gaming and see how many people get reported for being called noobs only then can you gather enough statistics that being called noob is actually not reportable just ignoreable.
So play that if you have that mentality.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeyMakesMagic

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen.
You are a complete tool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byk Beta Player

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
I think the spirit of that rule is to prevent people from trading honor. Simply asking "honor plz", I just don't consider that punishable.
If riot says its wrong regardless of the word plz or such, its still a reportable offense is it not? Because wouldn't this be, by not reporting to be breaking the summoners code?