1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leegit

Senior Member

02-09-2013

I better watch my mouth . I am in the list for everyone of them : <


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agility

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post


Things I always punish for:
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
5. Ragequitting.

What I'm talking about here is poor sportsmanship. I absolutely will not tolerate it. Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen. Grow up, be a good sport, or go play something more suited to your mindset. I hear Call of Duty is good for that.
There's been lots of taunting in chess.

Why don't you do some research before you give errant examples.

Taunting should be allowed in LoL provided it doesn't cross the line into harassment. There's a definite line there.

Michael Jordan? Loved to taunt.

Tom Brady? Taunts.

Agassi? Taunted.

Etc... Lots of legends taunted and kept it fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklarik

Senior Member

02-09-2013

I had lost hope in the tribunal because i had seen Toxic players go unpunished due to people not knowing different languages and not reading all 5 games.


This thread has inspired me to give it another shot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop K View Post
Do not even judge that number until you actually do the Tribunal. For every 20 cases, I actually only pardon 0 - 3 of them. Majority of the reports are actually legitimate, with few being false reports. I don't know what your standards are, but I'm sure you will never reach 5 pardons in one set of cases. The cases are that bad.
So much this. People who are surprised by how often I punish cases have obviously not done much Tribunal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegit View Post
I better watch my mouth . I am in the list for everyone of them : <
Bad boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
There's been lots of taunting in chess.

Why don't you do some research before you give errant examples.

Taunting should be allowed in LoL provided it doesn't cross the line into harassment. There's a definite line there.

Michael Jordan? Loved to taunt.

Tom Brady? Taunts.

Agassi? Taunted.

Etc... Lots of legends taunted and kept it fun.
Really? Lots of n-bombs in chess, are there? How about YOU do some research before you claim Michael Jordon has ever been as bad as League players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
I had lost hope in the tribunal because i had seen Toxic players go unpunished due to people not knowing different languages and not reading all 5 games.


This thread has inspired me to give it another shot.
I'm glad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trendy Ideology

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Community is cancer. 100% cancer. Everyone is cancer. You just have 50 different types of cancer.

And the self-congratulating backpatters are one of the cancer factions, that have the support of Riot to "win" in the long run.



I don't believe persistent vicious, malicious, profane behavior should be the norm, but I really don't like the policies of dumping chlorine into the pool until no one can swim in it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrUnne

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy Ideology View Post
Community is cancer. 100% cancer. Everyone is cancer. You just have 50 different types of cancer.

And the self-congratulating backpatters are one of the cancer factions, that have the support of Riot to "win" in the long run.



I don't believe persistent vicious, malicious, profane behavior should be the norm, but I really don't like the policies of dumping chlorine into the pool until no one can swim in it.
Cancer, eh?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy Ideology View Post
Community is cancer. 100% cancer. Everyone is cancer. You just have 50 different types of cancer.

And the self-congratulating backpatters are one of the cancer factions, that have the support of Riot to "win" in the long run.



I don't believe persistent vicious, malicious, profane behavior should be the norm, but I really don't like the policies of dumping chlorine into the pool until no one can swim in it.
Except persistent vicious, malicious, profane behavior is the tribunal norm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickwick2

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Bump to brag about 89% accuracy and climbing! And make the thread more visible. And wish most of the people who've posted on it one excellent day, each. You can line up at the delivery window around the side to collect them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrUnne

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickwick2 View Post
Bump to brag about 89% accuracy and climbing! And make the thread more visible. And wish most of the people who've posted on it one excellent day, each. You can line up at the delivery window around the side to collect them.
Well done!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickwick2

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Thanks. ^_^

I know that Enterti and Wonderbolts, and probably many others among the top few hundred, had over 90% at one point. That would be a comfortably round number on which to perch.

Seeing Tsaalyo's list of behaviors that he found unacceptable prompted me to clarify my own thinking and figure out why I voted to punish or pardon in any given case; that made me a more consistent (and probably fairer) judge, and my numbers went up. So if I pass him, as is my goal, then the dust cloud I leave in his path will be filled with all the love to be found in the Internet.

I wish I were convinced that this is making a significant difference in people's enjoyment of the game. My Internet's been spotty for months, so I haven't left bot games, but there still seems to be evidence in GD and other places of widespread frustration. DrUnne and Tsaalyo, how do you feel about Tribunal's successfulness?