1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
How? I do Tribunal cases, I know your type. An ally dies twice in a span of 10 minutes, you rage.

Grow. Up.
"my type?"

lol

keep with the me against the world complex you seem to have. you are clearly the only good guy out there and everyone else is bad and heathens and not fit for your league.

funny how someone with a billion zillion tribunal rating jumps to baseless conclusions so quickly. shouldn't you be more judicious???


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Okay, id just like to adress something, I have yet to to start working on cases but i have viewed some, I noticed that the people getting reported were jerks and very rude but at the same time ive noticed the loseing team reports players more offen then a winning team. another thing I noticed is that if the person is doing "badly" they get reported for how they are acting not how they did as a player in game.

I understand the need for reporting, and I can clearly see these people are not friendly people, but so far, the little info ive gotten from the few cases ive looked at, If you are a bad player and unfriendly you will get reported AND punished for it.

This info is about 3/5 reports per player out of the very few cases ive looked at, and i plan to view more and look deeper into this.

If reporting system is being used to be petty and report players just because your team lost, ITS BEING ABUSED. Im not saying i believe this as of yet im just saying anything is possiable, and i plan to do more research on this. downvotes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
"my type?"

lol

keep with the me against the world complex you seem to have. you are clearly the only good guy out there and everyone else is bad and heathens and not fit for your league.

funny how someone with a billion zillion tribunal rating jumps to baseless conclusions so quickly. shouldn't you be more judicious???
It's not me against the world. Merely me against people who seem to think raging and racial slurs are okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gNarNar View Post
Okay, id just like to adress something, I have yet to to start working on cases but i have viewed some, I noticed that the people getting reported were jerks and very rude but at the same time ive noticed the loseing team reports players more offen then a winning team. another thing I noticed is that if the person is doing "badly" they get reported for how they are acting not how they did as a player in game.

I understand the need for reporting, and I can clearly see these people are not friendly people, but so far, the little info ive gotten from the few cases ive looked at, If you are a bad player and unfriendly you will get reported AND punished for it.

This info is about 3/5 reports per player out of the very few cases ive looked at, and i plan to view more and look deeper into this.

If reporting system is being used to be petty and report players just because your team lost, ITS BEING ABUSED. Im not saying i believe this as of yet im just saying anything is possiable, and i plan to do more research on this. downvotes
This is true, but fear not. Junk reports get pardoned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gNarNar View Post
Okay, id just like to adress something, I have yet to to start working on cases but i have viewed some, I noticed that the people getting reported were jerks and very rude but at the same time ive noticed the loseing team reports players more offen then a winning team. another thing I noticed is that if the person is doing "badly" they get reported for how they are acting not how they did as a player in game.

I understand the need for reporting, and I can clearly see these people are not friendly people, but so far, the little info ive gotten from the few cases ive looked at, If you are a bad player and unfriendly you will get reported AND punished for it.
(Emphasis mine)

You may get reported, but you won't necessarily get punished.

Good Tribunal judges are capable of determining the difference between intentionally feeding and having a bad game.

More often than not, it's the behaviour of the player being reported that gets evaluated resulting in a punish, not the supposed poor play.

Even if a player is being reported for intentionally feeding and it is clear they are not doing so, if the player is instead exhibiting behaviours that violate the summoner's code (such as verbal abuse, harassment, assisting the enemy team) Tribunal judges are still encouraged to punish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Also since OP seems to be pretty good at this (no sarcasm), Ive seen other people on threads say temp banning is sort of a "Fresh start", all reports that were still being delivered into the system get deleted so that way the player can serve his or her sentence and "try again".

If not is there any way for a player to become banned, then 2 days later unbanned but then banned again because of a report sent in last week that just so happened to be opened the same day the person got unbanned? (If that makes any sense) It would sort of make sense, since in the real world you can keep being charged with murder if they keep finding bodies. BUT since its just a game I hope this system shows a little bit of mercy.

Im sure alot of players change after their first ban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawr The Cat

Junior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
All I really see is that you spam punish and your standards are incredibly unrealistic.
This.

The whole 'white knight' mentality of the people on the tribunal is ridiculous. Idk what world you live on, but things aren't always sunshine and butterflies in the real world, people get mad and annoyed sometimes. Deal with it. Tribunal is just spam punish anyways.

I was banned 2 months ago, I joined a game and the enemy team got a quick kill, they then proceeded to spam "******s" over and over and so as I began to get fed I taunted them, I didn't call them rude names, I just did like you said "awww almost." "awwh poor guy" ect. I got banned for this game. So get out of here with that bull, seriously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainBinkles

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
You really shouldn't judge people based on what they do online, if you don't even punctuate.
I find this statement very ironic considering you don't need that comma.

If the statement were reversed you would. Example:

If you don't even punctuate, you really shouldn't judge people based on what they do online. (Correct)

I just wanted to point that out. Carry on!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr The Cat View Post

The whole 'white knight' mentality of the people on the tribunal is ridiculous. Idk what world you live on, but things aren't always sunshine and butterflies in the real world, people get mad and annoyed sometimes. Deal with it. Tribunal is just spam punish anyways.
No, it's not.

As to the rest of your point, the Real World is what it is. League of Legends is but a small corner of the real world, but it's a small corner that the community has at least a modicum of control over.

People will get mad and annoyed, yes. I don't dispute that. They will also get reported, and if their behaviour is determined to be in violation of the Summoner's Code, they will be punished.

People play League of Legends to get away from the monotony and the tedium of the real world. They do not need to be subjected to raging tryhards trolling their games, throwing them under the proverbial bus, or flat out harassing them if they make a mistake.

We're trying to make this a better place. We do not believe every player should be forced to endure harassment, trolling, and/or abuse. That's why we volunteer our time to punish players whose behaviour is out of line.

Oftentimes it looks as though we're just punishing every case that comes along our way. Believe me when I say that some days, that's what it's like. 20 consecutive cases where the reported player involved was toxic and needed to be suspended/banned. It takes a LOT of reports to get to the Tribunal in the first place, but it's not perfect. That's why we exist, so that a human element can evaluate the situation and reach a determination by consensus.
Quote:

I was banned 2 months ago, I joined a game and the enemy team got a quick kill, they then proceeded to spam "******s" over and over and so as I began to get fed I taunted them, I didn't call them rude names, I just did like you said "awww almost." "awwh poor guy" ect. I got banned for this game. So get out of here with that bull, seriously.
Two wrongs do not make a right. What you did was wrong, just as what they did was wrong as well. That doesn't make your actions any less reprehensible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gNarNar View Post
Also since OP seems to be pretty good at this (no sarcasm), Ive seen other people on threads say temp banning is sort of a "Fresh start", all reports that were still being delivered into the system get deleted so that way the player can serve his or her sentence and "try again".

If not is there any way for a player to become banned, then 2 days later unbanned but then banned again because of a report sent in last week that just so happened to be opened the same day the person got unbanned? (If that makes any sense) It would sort of make sense, since in the real world you can keep being charged with murder if they keep finding bodies. BUT since its just a game I hope this system shows a little bit of mercy.

Im sure alot of players change after their first ban.
As far as I know all reports up to that point get scrapped, BUT it will take far fewer reports to get into the Tribunal again, for the next little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr The Cat View Post
This.

The whole 'white knight' mentality of the people on the tribunal is ridiculous. Idk what world you live on, but things aren't always sunshine and butterflies in the real world, people get mad and annoyed sometimes. Deal with it. Tribunal is just spam punish anyways.

I was banned 2 months ago, I joined a game and the enemy team got a quick kill, they then proceeded to spam "******s" over and over and so as I began to get fed I taunted them, I didn't call them rude names, I just did like you said "awww almost." "awwh poor guy" ect. I got banned for this game and the hundreds of other reports I got. So get out of here with that bull, seriously.
It takes literally hundreds of reports to even make it into the tribunal. Don't act like it was just for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBinkles View Post
I find this statement very ironic considering you don't need that comma.

If the statement were reversed you would. Example:

If you don't even punctuate, you really shouldn't judge people based on what they do online. (Correct)

I just wanted to point that out. Carry on!
...

+1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrUnne

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
swap autopunish with has ridiculously high standards and punishes just about everyone.

congrats you punish 95% of cases where someone calls someone else a feeder when they are feeding.

i did tribunal for a while. i was maybe 50/50 punish/pardon and every single case that id pardon would end in punishes. complete waste of time. tribunal users have really ridiculous metrics.
I'm sitting at 87.5%. I tend to agree with just about all the OP's standards for punishing. Evidently, given our percentage, the majority of the Tribunal community agrees with our viewpoints.

You evidently, do not. That is perfectly acceptable.

What you'll have to do though is accept this is the sort of game the majority of the community wants. One where we don't have to deal with people spamming the chat with racial and sexual slurs, where if someone dies, they aren't called an idiot for the next 20 minutes or where one does not have to watch people with 6 pairs of boots running into a tower again and again.

Considering Riot has released an auto-ban system on the PBE, I will be sitting back and watching with great amusement the amount of people punished.