1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickwick2 View Post
Wow, had to look him up. It's been so long...

I hate to admit it, but it also took me a few dozen pages of your Lavender Town references to remember what THAT was from. Your presentation style was sneaky. :<
Pfft lol. xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fusionxomega

Senior Member

01-14-2013

this is all bull**** and to strict do you see other games like this no because the game gave people to ban don't think your a god because u can press buttons you no life losers


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrUnne

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionxomega View Post
this is all bull**** and to strict do you see other games like this no because the game gave people to ban don't think your a god because u can press buttons you no life losers
Alrighty then....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickwick2

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionxomega View Post
this is all bull**** and to strict do you see other games like this no because the game gave people to ban don't think your a god because u can press buttons you no life losers
Silly, you're not going to persuade anybody of your point of view by spouting a stream of verbal bile at them. Maybe you should practice expressing yourself more clearly and in a neutral manner. And then maybe you would also not find yourself in trouble with the Tribunal. (Assuming, of course, that you are.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrUnne

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickwick2 View Post
Silly, you're not going to persuade anybody of your point of view by spouting a stream of verbal bile at them. Maybe you should practice expressing yourself more clearly and in a neutral manner. And then maybe you would also not find yourself in trouble with the Tribunal. (Assuming, of course, that you are.)
Lies sir, lies! It only took someone with a random, curse filled tantrum to convince me! I have seen the light!

Opps, someone turned it back off.

Dangit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skimit

Junior Member

01-14-2013

You have reviewed 1068 cases correct with 85% success rate, which means you incorrectly applied your standard on 188 cases, this could have resulted in punishes for 188 undeserving individuals. You are not doing anything for the community except hitting a punish button in the tribunal game for some lols and ip; and poorly at that considering you have failed on 188 of those cases as judged with peers. To put into perspective, 17% of cases that go to tribunal are pardoned and statistically speaking, you are not actually doing a good job at all. Your success rate is 2% from the medium of someone pressing punish only.

tldr. op has success rate of 85%. 17% of cases get pardoned, if you only pressed punish, you would have success rate of 83%. What exactly are people praising the op for, despite the number of cases he has reviewed, its questionable whether he examines them fully or if his standards are realistically in line with his peers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Asking for honor is one thing you should definitely be hitting punish for. You're supposed to be humble in victory, not asking for Honor because you carried the game or saved one person from death.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrUnne

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimit View Post
You have reviewed 1068 cases correct with 85% success rate, which means you incorrectly applied your standard on 188 cases, this could have resulted in punishes for 188 undeserving individuals. You are not doing anything for the community except hitting a punish button in the tribunal game for some lols and ip; and poorly at that considering you have failed on 188 of those cases as judged with peers. To put into perspective, 17% of cases that go to tribunal are pardoned and statistically speaking, you are not actually doing a good job at all. Your success rate is 2% from the medium of someone pressing punish only.

tldr. op has success rate of 85%. 17% of cases get pardoned, if you only pressed punish, you would have success rate of 83%. What exactly are people praising the op for, despite the number of cases he has reviewed, its questionable whether he examines them fully or if his standards are realistically in line with his peers.
When will people get it into their heads, doing the Tribunal does not earn you IP anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickwick2

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnne View Post
Lies sir, lies! It only took someone with a random, curse filled tantrum to convince me! I have seen the light!

Opps, someone turned it back off.

Dangit.
Yes--that was me turning it off!!

I mean to say, really! You are a paragon of virtue, good Dr., a pillar of this community! Whatever were you thinking?!

Why, if everyone were to follow your sterling example and adopt the beliefs of the most spittle-flecked among us, we'd all believe that the Royal Family of England were secretly space lizards who, working together with the Rothschilds and the United Nations, control the climate of Earth, creating tornadoes and hurricanes with satellites and seeding the atmosphere with mind-control chemicals released in the fuel sprays of jets, so that the Time Cube would come ineluctably to its 4-dimensional end on the 21st of December last year, as per the Mayan prediction; and that it could all have been prevented if only every man, woman, and child, as well as every creature with opposable thumbs, had been armed to the teeth (even if they were too young to have teeth, or the usual number of arms, or whatnot.) My dear assumed Sir, you must take care to think of the consequences before taking so desperate an act! It was to advocate for greater circumspection on your part that I threw the switch.

Now that I've so admonished you, though, you of course have the freedom to go about your believings without further interference. =^_^=


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cry1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
According to the Justice Review thing, I've got over 1000 cases correct, almost 19000 in justice rating, ranked 148. My accuracy is 85.1%, and I've permabanned 33 players.

In a typical day, I pardon maybe 2 of my 20 daily cases. However, most of my incorrect cases are where I punished a case that was ultimately pardoned. Based on this, I'd say about 4 in 20 cases are typically pardoned. That's an 80% punish chance for any case.

I WILL punish if even one case of five is punishable.

Things I always punish for:
1. Excessive cursing out allies.
2. Excessive taunting the enemy.
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
5. Ragequitting.

What I'm talking about here is poor sportsmanship. I absolutely will not tolerate it. Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen. Grow up, be a good sport, or go play something more suited to your mindset. I hear Call of Duty is good for that.

Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
3. Asking for honor.

We've all had that one game where we went 0/12/4. Stop acting like you're M5, get off your high horse, we've ALL had them and it happens more often than we care to admit. That's not a bannable offense. And those cases where all 5 are something like this? All that means is that the player had no games in which they cursed out their team or otherwise got reported. It sure will look intentional if that's literally the only thing anyone could ever report them over.

Things I sometimes punish for, depending on whether or not they happen repeatedly, and what clues the chat gives me:
1. Games in which a person never connected.
2. Clear trolling via a dual mid or somesuch.
3. Excessive pinging, for the sake of it.

Bugsplats happen, thank you Riot, you're like the only game I've ever seen in which this happens so goddamn often. And if a person doesn't know what to do about it, well, what can you do. I'm not banning someone because Riot can't code their game correctly. Hi Riot. You either smiled at this or frowned at it. Hiiiii. Eve 2012.

In the case of I Called It vs. I'm First Pick, it's trickier. I try to follow the clues of the chat. Thankfully, most of these cases degenerate into a rich plethora of four letter words anyway.

Excessive pinging... come on. If someone makes the game less enjoyable, I'll do likewise.

I do not give in to the popular opinion in order to raise my accuracy. Biggest example is the gg noobs thing. I can tell you, based on cases I've gotten wrong, that “gg noobs” is not enough to get punished. But i'll still punish for it, even knowing that I'll probably get it wrong, because that's what I believe.

One thing I am annoyed by is how few people actually report for obvious offenses. There have been games in which an ally absolutely berated his team, but the only player who bothered reporting for it is one of the enemies. Are you kidding me? People whine about excessive reporting, but if you ask me, people need to step it up. No wonder this community is so terrible. Hardly anyone reports what needs to be reported. People always talk about junk cases of rage reporting, but I'm lucky if I get one or two of those a week.

AMA.

Edit

Thanks for all the support! As of this writing, I've surpassed 20,000 in justice rating, with 35 toxic players permabanned. I like to think LoL is just a little bit friendlier for it. I thought I'd add and clarify some stuff, for my critics:

1. Can you guys please read the word 'excessive' before you criticize autopunish points 2, 3, and 4? There's a difference between a single instance of "close one~" and an entire game of "LOL NOPE ALMOST TRY HARDER NOOB SCRUB LOLOL GEEGEE GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG." I honestly figured this was self explanatory, but I guess not.

2. You can add racial and homophobic slurs to my autopunish list. There is absolutely no call for it. The moment any of those words comes up, not even reading a single word more, Punish.

3. I'm very sorry, but people have lives. Now, if a person AFKs without reason, or gives a reason that he should have been able to plan around, like "oops sorry dinner time" or "sorry my bedtime is ____", that's a punish. But "oh, sorry, fire, brb" is a pardon. Yes, I know people can lie. That's why most reports have more than one case. If I see multiple AFKs, especially the same reason given each time, obvious lies are obvious. I know it's possible that a person lies a lot, but only one AFK instance actually made it on the report. What can I say, law of averages, no system is perfect. Doesn't mean I'm autopunishing when there are a rich plethora of reasons to AFK that don't deserve punishment.

4. It is not against the rules to break the meta. However, if the dialogue consists of "I'M MID" "NO I'M MID" "I CALLED IT" "I WAS FIRST" "I GOT HERE FIRST" "GO SUPPORT" "**** U" and the three guys on the team have their game ruined because neither guy could be the better man? I'd punish either of them, I don't care who was in the wrong.

Edit 2

Wow, so much support! I've decided to clarify a couple more things.

1. I've gotten a lot of criticism over not punishing for asking for honor, since Lyte himself told us to. Here's the thing. I believe the spirit of what Lyte said was that we should punish honor trading, or trying to use honor to influence gameplay, blackmail or offers or whatnot. I don't believe his big concern was a conversation of "honor pls", and then the person immediately leaves. Who cares.

2.
ex·ces·sive
[ik-ses-iv] Show IPA
adjective
going beyond the usual, necessary, or proper limit or degree; characterized by excess: excessive charges; excessive criticism.


If you're going to criticise my autopunish points 2 and 3, please familiarize yourself with the definition of the word 'excessive' first.

3. I refuse to "just mute" a player. Why? This is a game that requires constant communication with your team. Strategizing, even just hearing that "mia". We NEED to be able to talk. So if you're being a dick, and I have to mute you, we can no longer communicate, and we are put at a heavy disadvantage. I'm not going to tolerate potentially losing a game because you can't be mature, and that's why I'll report and never mute.

Edit 3
RED SUPPORT. I love you guys! Eve 2012~!
tl;dr tribunalfag ruining the game